Banner by ~ SFyr

What is your price cap?

ManaMinori

There's a g1 mint in box, rare, Japanese exclusive pony that usually is listed for nearly $3,600 the rare times it pops up, and I, personally cannot fathom spending that oscene amount on any pony.  And since I allocate $40  a month towards frivolous expenses, it would take well over six years, if I were to start saving today. I can't.  

How much is your limit when it comes to buying ponies? How much have you known others to spend on one single purchase?

• Brohoof 1

Badges

My price cap for a single mlp  item would be below $14. And it always has been.

I bought some build a bear plush at the price of $10. How? $5 for $10 gift card plus a $10 off for $30 purchase. 

Edited by TBD

I don't spend more than a few bucks (usually ten dollars or less) on pony merch. I like it but it's not an obsession. 

I've been guilty of spending a LOT on other hobbies like Star Wars collecting, and spend hundreds at a time, but I keep it light when it comes to the ponies. I don't need to get addicted to collecting anything else right now.  

The highest I've ever gone for anything MLP related is about $60 and that was for one MLP CCG card. Sadly, I rarely do this due to not having much money to work with as is, so on average, the most I can go is about $10. 

Well it would depend on the merch in question and the amount of money I have. The most I spent was about $8 on a plushie that I don't have anymore...

But I have spent $20 on a plushie before personally, and I still would have if it were a pony plushie instead of a Pokémon plushie.

Edited by ~Dusky~

14 hours ago, The Recherche said:

One single purchase? 100$ on a Pinkie Pie BIshoujo, but cumulatively, it will eventually add up to 600$, assuming I purchase the full set of Kotobukiya Bishoujos. :darling:

Thank Heavens they will be released over a course of three years or so. :please:

You can start ordering a full set? where is that link where you can order it?

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, TBD said:

You can start ordering a full set? where is that link where you can order it?

I don't believe you can yet, but that is subject to change. Pardon my phrasing there; I should have set once I purchase the entire series. :mlp_grin:

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, The Recherche said:

I don't believe you can yet, but that is subject to change. Pardon my phrasing there; I should have set once I purchase the entire series. :mlp_grin:

Oh darn it. I was about to get excited. Oh well hopefully they will release the rest sometime this year. I’m looking forward to see them all mainly RD.

• Brohoof 1

$20 is usually the most i’m willing to spend as far as Pony goes, unless of course the quality is notably exceptional, like the Bishojuo figures, Fan Series, or certain plushies

Badges

Honestly never felt the need to buy any pony merch due solely to the lack of quality. If there were more options like pic related (preferably featuring the rest of the Mane cast, villains, and CMC), I would be singing a very different tune:

Discord-Fluttershy-Welove-fine-4.jpg

I'd gladly spend upwards of $150 for stuff with this level of detail and general artistic flair.

• 1 year later...