18 users have voted

1. 1. Which do you think was the best?

• King Sombra
    • Storm King
    • Discord
    • Tempest Shadow
    • Crysalis
    • Tirek

I think that King Sombra was the best Villian ever in MLP. He was the most bad ass looking and just awesome in every aspect. Sadly though, he could've gotten more for a story, but I guess the writers ruined it.:derp::scoots:

Discord, as a villain, is hands down my favorite. I just can't stand his reformed self, to be quite honest. It takes away a massive amount of the appeal. I wish that after his initial conversation with Tirek when he was told "his newfound friendship with the ponies was merely a new form of imprisonment" (or w/e he said lol, haven't watched it in like 4 years) I wish Discord took that to heart and remained an antagonist for the rest of the series; maybe until the very, VERY end he could be truly reformed in a climactic, emotional roller coaster. As it stands, his inclusion as a "good guy" is more a knife in my side than anything else. He has so much goddamn power; I wanna see him use it ffs and have Twilight/ Starlight needing to come up with resourceful ways to combat his prowess. Maybe this would lean the series too far down the action-packed "Mahou Shoujo" route, but would that honestly be such a bad thing? Wasn't Faust's initial vision supposed to accommodate a little more fantasy action?

full.png

• Brohoof 2

Sent my warm regards to the shadow king. :mlp_toldya: He would've been great in the Season 3 premiere had he been given the chance to be more involved, I have come to realize, and I've got a good feeling that he won't disappoint in the premiere for the final season. Discord used to be my favorite villain, but I've long accepted him as more of a secondary character than a villain, I don't think that Chrysalis will ever top her performance in the Season 6 finale, and while Tirek is good at what he does, his charisma simply isn't on par with most of the other villains. 

(edited)

Discord easily. His goals of fucking around with everything is so much more interesting than the generic take of the world shtick. I guess that says a lot about me.

Edited by Cash_In

I'll be the contrarian here and pick a character who's not even among the selections – Cozy Glow. :P

Why? Among all the villains, she stands out in how unexpected she was as a character. An evil foal is something I'd never have expected them to come up with before season 8. Though I knew about her being evil before "School Raze" (due to both hints in earlier episodes and spoilers I had seen), the way they handled her as a character was something I couldn't have expected. My first thought was that she was working for somepony else (possibly Neighsay?) which proved not to be the case. I was also sure she'd be reformed by the end of that episode which didn't happen either...

Another reason is that I always seem to like characters with a cute appearance whose personality isn't an exact match for how they look. Cozy takes this to an extreme, her cuteness provides a nice contrast for how delightfully mad she is. :love: They managed to make her one of the creepiest villains on the show in spite of the character design being as far from that as possible!

So yeah, maybe not the most typical choice, but easily a standout villain for me! :mlp_yay:

• Brohoof 4

Crysalis is my top one!  She has never been reformed and I feel like they are saving her for something big to come!   

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...