Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Love is Truly and Forever Sweet (1x1 between Dynamo Pad and Scarlet Rose)

Dynamo Pad

@Nikita 'Gray' Wolf

As Starlight had cast a shield around Dynamo, the gaming unicorn took a deep breath, before screaming in enthusiasm. He soon turned into a pinball as he bounced around inside of the shield. After a couple of moments, he soon calmed down as he was back to his regular self. "Okay. I'm all good to step outside of the shield now. Thank you for the help, Star." He sighed, before he soon smiled afterwards. "At least he had a shield to help contain any damage from freaking out. I almost broke a few arcade machines when I saw the trailer." He chuckled, before Pinball eyed him with a look of both anger and slight disappointment at the Pegasus. Sunburst used his hand to fix up the glasses that nearly fell from watching the trailer. "I concur." He nods in agreement with Orange, before continuing. "I think it's pretty interesting how they are going with this idea of Dynamax. I guess it's sort of like Mega Evolution and Z-Moves. Although, the two aforementioned mechanics seem to be missing from the trailer." 

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Dynamo Pad

Orange giggles and looks at Dynamo, "Glad you're feeling better now" she says as Starlight made the shield disappear "I must admit, it did look very interesting and honestly, to be able to play it on the big screen or the portable version of the Switch will be awesome. One thing I am interested in, is that it isn't based in an Asia like country this time, it seems European, England and Scotland" she says.

@Inlé

Dynamo chuckled as he nodded with a smile. “Eeyup and sorry about that. I guess the trailer got me too hyped for the game. I haven’t freaked out like that since I heard about Naruto Storm 4.” He says, nodding at Starlight’s comment, while Sunburst chimes in with his thoughts. 

“It is pretty revolutionary with how this game will be on the Switch. So, it’s both a handheld and home console when the game comes out.” Sunburst says, turning to Starlight as he nodded his head in confirmation. “Actually, the Galar region takes place in the UK. So, it would be pretty interesting to see what other places each game will take places.” Pinball clapped his hands together to try and gain everyone’s attention. “On that note, I propose a celebration. Now that we all have student graduates and with the new Pokémon trailer. I say that tonight is free games for all the arcade machines and games! How does that sound, everyone?” He asks, smiling as he could see the enthusiastic looks upon their faces. 

@Dynamo Pad

Orange and the other girls all cheer while they wait for Kenzie to set the machines up to be free for the night. Orange would hug Dynamo and look around "This is awesome, unlimited free games of hoops and skeeball!" she giggles and sways her tail ever so slightly.

Kenzie giggles "Now, try not to run the arcade out of prizes" she says and looks to Dynamo and Orange "I know you two too well"

(edited)

@Inlé

Dynamo grinned at the idea of free games for the rest of the night. Sunburst, meanwhile, smiled at the reason for celebrating. "Thank you very much for the free games, Mr. Pinball. We'll all be sure to make the most of this kind offer." Dynamo could only nod as he was pulled into a hug by Orange. "You can say that again. Even all of the other games are free to play. I want to say I won't be getting any sleep tonight for an all night game marathon. Although, that would be pushing it. Seeing how we still have curfew." He chuckled, before wrapping an arm around her shoulder and kissing her cheek.

"Alright! Free video games? Don't mind if I join in on the party!" Button called, but was stopped by Pinball, who placed a hand upon his shoulder. "Now who said anything about you wanting to play some free games. You're the one who has to look after everything. Kenzie will help you out too." He chuckled as he saw the look of shock on Button's face. "I'm only kidding! You know I can joke with everyone every once in a while. I'm not that evil, now. Just go and enjoy yourself, but remember to not go overboard. You still have a job to do remember?" He patted Button's back to reassure that he wouldn't be in trouble. He could only roll his eyes as he saw Button's eyes glisten with joy at the idea of joining in on the fun. Dynamo could only watch the exchange, before looking over to Kenzie. "Okay, but no promises from the two of us, Kenzie." He says with a chuckle, before taking Orange's hand and leading her over towards the hoops and skeeball machines.

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@Dynamo Pad

Orange giggles "As Dynamo says, no promises" she says, immediately making her way towards her two favorite ticket game machines. "Well Dynamo, we may have curfew, but that shouldn't stop us having fun, I still have all our old favorite games and consoles" she would smile at her boyfriend.

Meanwhile, Starlight was taking a look at a newer machine, "Hmm, oh this must be Tanglewood, the game that Orange loves so much" she says as she looks at the start screen "Well the player character is a cute little fox, so it doesn't surprise me"

@Inlé

“Thanks for having my back sweetheart, but it looks like we’ll have to watch our backs. Seeing as everyone wants to take a picture of us being all lovey dovey. Even though I think it would be worth it because we’ll be making lots of memories, as well as spending time together.” He says, while following Orange  to her two favorite ticket games. “Are you kidding? Curfew won’t stop us. If worst comes to worst, then Mr. Chocolate and Mra. Candy will have to drag us out. Due to how many video games we’ll be playing .” He chuckled, returning the smile to his girlfriend.

As he heard Starlight talk about an arcade machine, Sunburst made his way over to see the game in question. “Now that’s both a popular, yet rare of a game. I wonder how Mr. Pinball got a game like that?” He wondered as said earth pony could only chuckle. “Oh, that game? Let’s just say that a good old friend owed me a favor. So I wanted to see if I could get a classic into this arcade. Just make sure to not tell Orange that. Otherwise, she’ll never let anyone play that game.” Sunburst adjusted his glasses as he was taking interest in the game. “The character of the game is kind of cute, but she doesn’t compare to you, Starlight. That does beg the question. Are foxes Oranges favorite animal?”

@Dynamo Pad

Orange smiles and nods "Well I don't think you heard everything I said, Dynamo" she says with a giggle "I said it won't stop us, because we can continue it back at my place" she says and then her ears flick at the mention of the new game and the player character "T-they have T-T...." she gets all excited.

Starlight looks over to Orange and smiles "I think that answers our question" she says, standing aside to let Orange have a go at the new game.

@Inlé

As he listened to Orange’s remark, dynamo tilted his head in confusion. It was only after he he’s her explanation, he chuckled and nodded with a grin. “I see what you mean now, Orange. We can continue playing video games back at your place. Maybe even watch some anime, as well. It’s a shame that I could have brought some anime DVD’s with me.” He shrugged his shoulders as he made his way over to then hoops and skee ball machines.

He turned around to see if Orange was still with him, but he soon noticed Orange was almost in the same state as he was when he saw the trailer. “Starlight? I think you might need to get a shield ready.” He chuckled, before looking at the machine in question. “Hey. I remember this game. I think I saw Orange playing this game when we were little. I can’t beliwve this game is at the arcade! It looks new, so I can imagine this game just arrived not too long ago. He turns to Pinball Wizard, who nodded at Dynamo's assumptions.

@Dynamo Pad

Kenzie giggles "Oh no Dynamo, this is actually brand new game, though because of how they made it like a Sega Megadrive game, you could think it was an old one" she says "Here Orange, let me set up the free mode for you" she says, putting in the code and stepping aside "Alright everyone, I think we ought to let Orange play her game, anyone else need any help?"

Twilight looks at the Deal or No Deal machine

(edited)

@Inlé

Dynamo’s jaw dropped slightly as he listened to Kenzie’s explanation, before turning back towards the arcade machine. “Huh. It’s like taking a modern game and making said game into a classic. That’s simply ingenuous. Whoever made that must be amazing with making arcade machines.” He says as Kenzie had set up the code to let Orange play the video game.

As he nodded at Kenzie’s statement, he looked around to see if there was any game available for him to play. “Hey, Orange? Did you want me to watch you play, or is there co-op?” He waited for a response, but frowned with concern as he didn’t but get a response. “Everything okay, sweetheart?” He walked over to the side and waved his hand in front of her to see if she had heard him. “It’s too late, D-Pad. She’s long gone and is solely focused on that game.” Button chuckled as he placed a hand upon Dynamo’s shoulder.

”You’re one to talk, Button. That’s what happened to you when we got Final Fantasy in the arcade.” Pinball smirked as he folded his arms, while Button blushed in embarrassment. Dynamo chuckled slightly as he shrugged his shoulders. He knew there was no way to get Orange out of the state that she was in. He would know because he had gone through that similar state with playing games. Whether it was Mario, Pokemon, or fighting games. It was like his focus was only on the game, while it felt like everything around him had faded away. As he was looking for a game to play, he noticed Twilight, who was at the Deal or No Deal game. “Are you thinking about giving. That game a try, Twi?” He asks as he made his way over to Twilight.

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@Dynamo Pad

Twilight smiles and nods "Yep, I think I've figured out the patterns and algorithm" she says "though I'm not entirely sure if using my knowledge would be considered as cheating or not" she says "I mean i know it's different in games like Street Fighter and Persona, where you figure out the 'secret' moves and strategies, but those one don't give out tickets, like this one"

(edited)

@Demencia

“Huh. I never thought there would be an algorithm when it comes to defeating a game like Deal or No Deal.” Dynamo says, while Sunburst made his way over to the duo. “I wouldn’t call it cheating. It’s more along the lines of a good intuition and finding out the key to winning. I’ve seen some ponies pick randomly when they should be looking for a pattern.” He says, levitating his glasses off of his muzzle, while taking a handkerchief out of his pocket. He then began to wipe his glasses, before putting the handkerchief away and putting his glasses back on his face. “I think I see what you mean. If there is a pattern, then you’ll be able to get a chance to win a lot of tickets. What case were you planning to choose in the game, Twi?”

Edited by Dynamo Pad

• 2 weeks later...

@Dynamo Pad

Twilight smiles "I think, I'll go with a prime number, so..case 11" she says with a smile and chooses it as she then implements her research into the game.

Meanwhile, a brown pegasus stallion in hightops, denim jeans, a black band tshirt, a WonderBolts jacket and a pair of flying goggles propped just above his eyes, and his WonderBolts uniform showing from certain spots from under his casual clothes, would arrive outside of Gentle Step's house and adjusts his jacket a little, holding a few parcels and then knocks on her door.

@Demencia

"That's a good choice. It's somewhere near the middle, yet it's probably close to the real case." Dynamo grins as Sunburst nods in agreement. "Was there a significant reason towards that case, Twilight? Such as a birthday, or favorite number? If not, it's still a good choice nonetheless. I just thought there would be a bit of luck in finding a case like that." He says as the two watched and helped Twilight in picking which cases weren't the million bits.

As Gentle was ready to turn in for the night, she heard a couple of knocks upon the front door. "Oh. I wonder who that could be at this hour." She wondered as she started making her way towards the living room. Once there, she made her way over towards the entrance and opened the front door. Standing at the doorstep was a brown Pegasus stallion, who was dressed in hightops, denim jeans, a black band t-shirt and a Wonderbotls jacket. He even sported the goggles to help in flying above his eyes, along with the team uniform. "Hello. Is everything okay? Are you in need of directions? I could help you, if you like." She says, wanting to show her hospitality towards the stallion. 

@Dynamo Pad

"I kind of figured the algorithm would include something to do with prime numbers, and what Dynamo says is right, it's a number that's odd but is right in the middle of the number of cases. This is still a game of chance, but if you can figure out the patterns, you may get lucky"

The stallions smiles "Hello miss, I'm not sure if Quick ever mentioned me, but my name is Flight Path, I..I was a good friend of Quick's, as he quite often helped out at the WonderBolt races" he says with a soft smile "I am terribly sorry to hear about his passing, I was at his funeral, but I did my best to blend in" he says, then coughs slightly "Anyway, I brought you some of the things he had left at the HeadQuarters, as he was an honorary WonderBolt." he says, holding out the packages "It was actually our newest member, a friend of your son's I believe, Rainbow Cr..Rainbow Dash, who found them and asked about it" he says "I..also wanted to know if there was anything I can do to help?"

@Demencia

"Oh, no. Please! Orange, help me! We just graduated and I don't want to hear about math!" Dynamo groaned as Sunburst chuckled. "You have to remember that math is a part of everyday life. There's no escaping from it, Dynamo. Although, I do like the idea of your approach towards the game. It works in theory and it's a pretty safe assumption." He rubbed his chin as he began to think of a pattern to choose which case to pick first. "So any idea on your plan of attack, Twi?" Dynamo asks after recovering from his ordeal.

As the stallion, Flight Path, introduced himself. Gentle's eyes scanned the stallion to try and remember if the name was ringing any bells. "I...I think I've heard your name before. Quick kept talking about his work buddies from time to time. Usually, he'd talk about running into the Wonderbolts when going to the race tracks." She smiled with a sad, yet soft smile and nods. "I know a lot of his friends had shown up, but I didn't expect anybody else to be there. It's nice to hear that you were there for him during this time and even before that." She blinked in surprise as Flight had brought things that Quick had left behind. "I never knew he was an honorary Wonderbolt. He never mentioned anything to me when he was at home. That, and he always said that he felt like one of the team. I just never knew if he was just joking around. Thank you for bringing these along with you. I believe I know of Rainbow Dash. My son has mentioned her, but he never knew her personally." She smiles taking the package and shaking her head. "I don't think there's anything else that you can do for the moment. Are you staying somewhere around town for the night? It is quite late if you haven't noticed." She giggles slightly as she looked towards the night sky.

@Dynamo Pad

Twilight smiles "Oh come on Dynamo, you did ask after all" she says as she continues to play the game.

Flight Path smiles "Oh he was quite the joker, but we had made him one during one of the last races he helped us with, and we felt it right his things be returned to you" he would say "and I am staying at the inn nearby" he then gets out his number "if I'm not there, and there is anything that I can do for you, please don't hesitate to call or text me" he says with a slight bow "I shall leave you for the night" he would say then start walking back to his hotel.

@Demencia

Dynamo rolled his eyes with a smile. "I know, but still. Math is never my strong suit. It's a wonder how I even can be decent at card games. Also, I guess you're right. I wasn't sure if there were certain techniques that worked better than others when it came to video games." He says, picking some cases along with Sunburst to help Twilight in getting closer and closer to the million bits. He soon realized that Orange hadn't came to his rescue when he called out to her. He looked back to notice that Orange was still lost in the video game that she was playing. "Seriously? I get beat by a video game of all things?" He asks, a deadpanned look and feeling of defeat were present upon his face. Button's ears twitched as he heard those words and grinned. He flew over to the group and pointed a hoof in their faces. "IT LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE JUST LOST THE GAME! YES! I've been waiting for years to say something like that!" He cheered, flying and making hoops in the air. 

Gentle just smiled as what Flight had said was correct. "You'd be right on that. My husband was always joking around and wanting to make other's laugh. I'm glad to hear that he's helped make you and your team smile. He always told me that some ponies on the race track were more or less stone statues, or had no sense of humor." She saw him getting out his number and nods as she took the business card of the Wonderbolts. "Thank you and I'll keep that in mind. It was really nice meeting you, Flight. Goodnight and take it easy." She waved to his bow and retreating presence as she soon closed the front door. She stayed in place for a moment, before making her way back towards her room. 'He sounds like a nice stallion, but this is the first time that I've known Flight Path, but it seems Quick knew him more from perhaps his early years. I wonder if Candy and Chocolate know about this Flight Path. I'll definitely have to call or make a visit in the morning.' 

@Dynamo Pad

Orange's ear then flicks as she finishes a level and pauses the game "Dynamo?" she asks before looking over to where he was with Sunburst and Twilight, she walks over to him and nuzzles him "Sorry hon, I guess I was so immersed in the game I was playing, the player character is so adorable" she would say and kiss his cheek, looking at the time "Still at least another hour" she says with a smile.

Flight Path had made it to his hotel room and flopped on his bed, he lay on his back "No wonder Quick was head over heels for Gentle." he'd think to himself with a smile.

@Demencia

Dynamo blinked as he felt someone had nuzzled him. He looked behind him and smiled as it was Orange as he returned the nuzzle. "No need to apologize, sweetheart. I tend to get into fighting games so easily that I lose myself in said game. Just like Smash Brothers and Naruto. I guess I can relate as I like a lot of the characters to play as. Sort of like how I think I am that character in the game." Sunburst smiled at the sight and chuckled softly. "I guess you both are birds of a feather. Given that you are unicorns, after all. You both seem to enjoy being immersed in the digital dimension. Makes you think there's a way to go into some video games." Dynamo nods at the comment, before looking back at Orange. "It doesn't even feel like an hour has gone by. Although, that's the life of a gamer. You lose track of time thinking it's only a few minutes when it's been hours. Want me to go back to that game with you, or shall I leave you to it, my dear? I know I'm seeing if Twi, Sunburst and I can get the million bits. I haven't gotten close to it before, but I think we can do it." He says, blushing at the kiss she placed upon his cheek.

As she entered her bedroom, she sat down on the bed, while taking a look at a photo on her nightstand. One that had a picture of her and Quick, while another had one of the whole family. 'Perhaps I should send a message to Candy as soon as possible.' She got out her phone and began writing a message to her longtime friend. "Hey, Candy. It's Gentle. I just wanted to know if I can stop by tomorrow in the morning. Some pony had stopped by this evening and claimed to know Quick. I just wanted to know what you and Chocolate think of all of this. Just let me know as soon as you can and sorry if I woke you up." She sent the reply without hesitation and decided to sit back and lay her head upon her pillow. All the while waiting patiently for a reply.

@Dynamo Pad

Orange giggles "Oh but button, we don't have feathers or wings, we're unicorns not Pegasi" she says with a giggle and poking her tongue out playfully, as she was obviously joking and playing along with what Button had said, she then hugs him "I'll be fine dear, I want to see if I can finish this next level before we go back to my place" she kisses his cheek before going to the arcade machine once more.

Candy yawned, but wasn't asleep as she was waiting for Orange and Dynamo to get back from the arcade when she got the message "Hmm, oh, that'll be best for you Chocolate dear" she says to him as she hands him the phone, he smiles and dials Gentle's number.

@Demencia

"Oh, you know what I meant. I mean Starlight is a unicorn, but she's able to fly with magic." Sunburst could only chuckle at Orange as he turned his attention back towards the game. "You're right about that, Sunburst. I remember she tried to teach me the same kind of spell, but it's not easy. I'm still having trouble to stay afloat in the air." Dynamo returned the hug and nods. at Orange's plan. "Take your time as it's better to enjoy the video game. I know you want to get far into the game, of course." He says, reminding himself that he would ask Pinball to save the game. That way, she could continue said game another time. "Now that we've got a plan going on. Let's get back to finding that million bit case!"

Gentle had begun to grow concerned as she saw that the message was delivered and read, but there was no reply. 'I guess they are both asleep, or one is asleep and the other is awake? Someone has to be awake to greet the kids when they get back." She wondered, before hearing the phone beginning to ring. She reached across the bed to reach the phone on the nightstand. "Hello? How can I help you?" She asks as she put the receiver of the phone to her ear.

(edited)

@Demencia

After getting back to the game at hoof, Dynamo was on the edge of his seat as Twilight got closer and closer to the final cases in the game. "Come on, come on! We might just have the million bit case!" He grinned in enthusiasm, while Sunburst had just about pranced around the arcade machine. "I don't want to celebrate just yet, but I think Twilight's got this game all locked up! By my calculations, there's no way she can lose in this game now! Even if she took the final deal, she literally has a great deal to take, no matter what." He crossed his fingers as he hoped with all of his might that the case they had was the winning case.

After hearing Chocolate's voice, Gentle smiled as she was glad to hear that it as her friend's. However, she was surprised to hear that Chocolate knew about Flight Path, while also knowing what she was going to ask. "Hi Chocolate. I hope I didn't wake you or Candy up. I was going to ask on how did you know about my question on Flight Path. You didn't happen to look through the text message I sent, did you? It was either that, or you made a really good guess." She held back a giggle as she knew it was a time to be serious, in her opinion. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad