Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria Daily desperation?

ManaMinori

I had to laugh as a Filly Funtasia headline blog popped up on their site, today, with Seth claiming them potentially covering it, if episodes of it get made. Personally, I find it ludicrous that they're more willing to cover a completely UN-related My Little Pony show for no apparent reason, rather than anything having to do with past pony gens. I suspect that they'd rather see their site go up in flames than do the latter, even. It's not even about the lack of past gen content, because there is PLENTY of it still being made for gens 1, 2, and 3 (I should know. I sent a whopping 24 page list of links compiling art/videos/fics, ect. to Seth with no results whatsoever).

How do you guys feel about this seemingly open act of desperation with Filly Funtasia and possibilities of it being featured consistently on Equestria Daily?

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2019/03/filly-funtasia-arises-from-its-grave.html#disqus_thread

• Brohoof 2

As soon as I read the tittle, I knew it was about the Filly Funtasia thing :dash:. Anyway, I don’t think there’s an issue, there were plenty of Filly Funtasia stuff covered in EQD before it went quiet years back 

• Brohoof 1

I don't have much of an opinion for this particular development, but I can say I dislike EQD in general, so I can't say I expect anything more from them. For all their known history, Seth and his goons have been extraordinarily shunning towards written fandom works. They have a critical, in-depth 'guideline' for how to write properly, and expect such a professional and skewed level of quality that they turn down I would guess at least 90% of everything submitted to them. Somehow things that they approve don't always seem to follow their own quality standard, which sometimes makes it feel like the only things that get approved are things the beta readers personally liked.

Wouldn't be so aggravating if it weren't for the fact that you can get an artwork featured on there just by sneezing it at them, practically regardless of skill level. :dash:

• Brohoof 2

Desperation? Really? It's a cartoon horse show. Why wouldn't it at least receive some attention?

I'm looking forward to the series myself. I'm not expecting FiM quality, but still; looks cute.

• Brohoof 3

I just see it as something they wanted to talk about and nothing more. Sure, it does fall into the uncanny valley category but then Equestria Daily has always posted about this particular show just because of the similar premise.

• Brohoof 2

13 minutes ago, ~C. Discord~ said:

I don't have much of an opinion for this particular development, but I can say I dislike EQD in general, so I can't say I expect anything more from them. For all their known history, Seth and his goons have been extraordinarily shunning towards written fandom works. They have a critical, in-depth 'guideline' for how to write properly, and expect such a professional and skewed level of quality that they turn down I would guess at least 90% of everything submitted to them. Somehow things that they approve don't always seem to follow their own quality standard, which sometimes makes it feel like the only things that get approved are things the beta readers personally liked.

Wouldn't be so aggravating if it weren't for the fact that you can get an artwork featured on there just by sneezing it at them, practically regardless of skill level. :dash:

their bias is so skewed, it's pitiful, really. I just had a "talk" with Seth, who was spouting some stupid arbitrary rules of submissions needing to be given "permission" and not taking anything over a week old.

Lookie what it says on their submission page.

General Submission Information

• Feel free to send your own work! Don't be bashful. 
  • Feel free to send other people's work!
  • We get a lot of submits. Not everything will get a reply. If it is accepted we will tell you :)
  • Please avoid things that are over 2 Weeks Old. We probably already reviewed or posted it

I can guarantee that a lot of the art that I sent his way might've been over the 2 week period (funny, didn't he say ONE week?) but I haven't seen them featured on their site, so even so, they haven't covered it, so it should still count. Oh, and I see nothing about permissions on the submission page, either.

33 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

I can guarantee that a lot of the art that I sent his way might've been over the 2 week period (funny, didn't he say ONE week?) but I haven't seen them featured on their site, so even so, they haven't covered it, so it should still count.

Have you ever thought that they just don't want to feature the art you send in? I hate to say it, but it may just be the harsh reality.

• 1 year later...