Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Meeting of the Minds (1x1 RP with Jedishy)

Victoria Everglade

@Scarlet Rose

Winter hopes off the platform and holds out a hand.

" Thank you so much Mrs. Saddles. Its been a while since I've had new clothing. It will really make a difference when it comes to how I look. I really appreciate the time and effort you put into things. "

He then offers his arm to Tranquil. 

" Oh, aside from sweets and dinner I realized I am out of mane care products. I might have been a wandering vagabond but I take pride in my mane and tail being well kept.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Scarlet Rose 

" Well, I suppose that works. Buuut I tend to be a bit picky. I really like the Bit and Bridle Winter Mint line. "

Winter trailed off his ears almost glowing red with embarrassment. It was one of his few indulgences to buy that extremely expensive mane care product. In fact, he often had to mail order it and have it delivered to the next town he was stopping in as it was not always sold in some of the smaller towns in Equestria. As he walked with Tranquil out of the shop he sniffed the air finding the smells and sights of Canterlot to be intoxicating with this fresh start before him.

" So do you think we should get sweets or food first?

@Jedishy

Tranquil giggles "Well aren't you in luck then? I just so happen to be quite familiar with that line, and there's plenty in my cupboards as well, I tend to overbuy whenever I find them on sale" she says, "Hmm..perhaps we ought to get the sweets first? I'm sure the sweets can sit while we make our decision on what to get for dinner, while dinner cannot" she says when her stomach growls hungrily, making her blush, "Or, hmm..well what do you think, hon?"

@Scarlet Rose

Winter chuckled at her stomach growling and resulting blush. Nudging her playfully he shrugged a bit.

" We could grab the sweets first as they can indeed sit and we could have them at your house with a warm drink for the evening. But it also sounds like you are pretty hungry so we could grab food first if you wish. Either way makes sense. Does one area shut down sooner than the other? Because food can take a bit but again if you are hungry we might want to get you some food first. Oh what sort of food do you want? I am sorta not that picky plus I figure you know the restaurants better than me. "

He squeezes her hand gently as he leads them towards the smells of food hoping he can find the right area using his nose. 

@Jedishy

Tranquil nods "Yes, I think food first would be a good idea" she smiles at him a little, "Well, I don't know about the smaller towns, but Canterlot is almost an all night city" she explains "Or at least, very late night, especially the sweet district" she says and giggles a little "I've often found myself going there for a late midnight snacks"

@Scarlet Rose

Winter chuckles.

" I am so used to being in small towns where everything closes early or at least most shops. I forgot that there are places with so many ponies that they can run things at all hours to fit in the busy schedules of the ponies who work nights or very late into the day. It is nice to be able to go out and get a snack if you are up late or early for that matter. "

Winter sees a few shops up ahead some serving your standard hayburgers and daffodil sandwiches. Others more exotic fare such as soups from rare mushrooms or using far off herbs and spices. He was open to most things so he nodded towards the various establishments.

" What are you in the mood for? I am sort of not picky on what I eat unless its cilantro... I hate that. But outside of that, I am up for most anything. "

@Jedishy

She chuckles and nods, looking around "Well, I feel like having..burritos" she says to him "Completely unhealthy, I know, but they taste just soo good after a rough night" she says, leading the way to a burrito stall. She looks at the options and then looks to Winter "Order anything that you want, even though this is Canterlot, these stalls are always very well priced to buy from" she says, ordering herself a mixed burrito and a soda.

@Scarlet Rose

Winter orders a cheese and bean burrito with a crunchy inner layer to it. As a side, he gets a small container of beans cheese rice and salsa. He asks for the second hottest sauce they have and a large chilled cider to wash it all down. 

" I have to say I hadn't realized how much I missed the variety of the city until now. I mean it has been forever since I had hot sauce and a burrito. "

Suddenly a small mare with glasses and a pair of sweat pants and a gamer tee shirt whomps into Winter Bolt hugging him around the waist. 

" Winter Bolt,  sweet Celestia I have not seen you in forever! I thought you were lost in the Everfree Forest or something from all the rumors. How have you been? Your parents are just worried sick about you ya know.  "

The poor mare did not see Winters body shift his hands at her wrist and elbow. She had been a moment away from being tossed on her plot by suprising him. He lets out a small exhale shifting the grab into a hug of his own. 

" Ivory its been a long time. Last time I saw you, you were was at my cutecenera. Do you still live in the same building as my parents? What have you been up to?

" Oh, I work for your mother cataloging her work and have taken over my parents place. They have given me my trust fund and retired to a small village in Saddle Arabia. "

Winter looked over at Tranquil apologetically while trying to figure out how to introduce the two mares. 

@Jedishy

Tranquil was taken back a bit by the appearance of the other mare, but when she sees that she had known Winter in a good way, or so it had seemed, she relaxed a little and smiles. She receives her burrito and soda "Have you made your decision, Winter?"

@Scarlet Rose  ( My order was placed in the last post ) 

Winters order arrives moments after Tranquils' and as Ivory hears her speak she realizes they were together. And looks at Winter slyly

" Oooooh, you didn't tell me you had a marefriend. Did you run off and forsake your fortune for her? What did Honey Leaf or Comet Tail not approve or something? I mean she looks like nice mare why dont you talk to them I am sure that after all this time they can be brought around.

Winters cheeks and ears are aflame and he ducks his head a bit drawing in a deep breath while grabbing his order and thanking the server. 

" Honestly Ivory we just met. As for going home I dont know. Maybe some time. But if my parents have not changed I see little point to it. But tell them I am ok if you are headed back there soon?

Ivory looked back and forth between Winter and Tranquil for a moment and nodded. 

" Fine Winter but I think they really want to talk to you in person. As for you Mrs..... Im sorry I did not get your name but do right by him. He is a good colt even if he is a runaway.

Winter if it was even possible found deeper shades of red and just sputtered unable to think of a response. 

@Jedishy (oops my bad)

Tranquil smiles and then looks a bit closer at the other mare "Ivory? I think I remember you.." she says and shakes her head "Sorry, my name is Tranquil Serenity, formerly Jaded Requiem" she smiles "Though you were...more in the background than involved when I was working for some of the ponies in Manehatten. As for Winter, I know he is a good colt, he has a good heart, and well, he has been good to me so far, so I see no reason to not be good to him in turn"

@Scarlet Rose

Ivory laughs with a bit of a melodic titter. 
" Oh yes, you did some work with spirits or something in my building. I remember now, you were the talk of the high-end restaurants for some time. Indeed I was not around much. Spirts and so forth are just beyond me. Unlike some ponies, I know where to keep my nose out of something I do not understand. I am not perfectly sure what a spirit actually is but I know enough not to disrespect artforms I can't grasp. I mean it would be like someone being trivial about plants because flowers are pretty to look at. Yes and some can kill you. If the natural world deserves respect how much more cautious does somepony have to be when you can't see what you are dealing with? Really the nerve of the ponies that acted like it was a circus act...

Ivory grumbles on a bit and it becomes clear that she while a bit of a pampered mare is much more down to earth than most ponies in her circles. It was easy to see why she and Winter had gotten along. 

" I mean I could never do what Winter did and fly off. I mean aside from the lack of wings obviously I just enjoy the penthouse and the bits that come with it too much. Besides so long as ponies leave me to my plants the rest of it can sort itself out.

Winter finally gets his breath back and moves closer to Tranquil. 

" Well I hate to be rude but I am sort of getting a bit hungry. Could you ensure my parents are able to send a letter to this address?

Winter gives Ivory the address to the shop so that he could possibly open up communications with his parents again.  

@Jedishy

Tranquil giggles "Yes well, the whole spirit thing is kind of..in the past for me now. I'm actually thinking of returning to my roots in classical music" she says and smiles "But I do agree with you, both the natural world and the supernatural and paranormal worlds deserve respect. It is always nice to meet somepony who believes that" she smiles and reaches out her hand for the other mare to shake "But as Winter has said, I'm also getting rather hungry, it has been nice to meet you regardless"

@Scarlet Rose

Ivory shakes Tranquils hand and smiles. 

" I won't interrupt your da....dinner any more

She winks and puts the address Winter fave her in her purse heading off as swiftly as she had shown up. Winter chuckles and looks around. 

" So shall we find a spot to sit? Sorry about the interruption and I really do wonder if my parents will send a message after all this time? "

@Jedishy

Tranquil giggles and waves to the other mare, nodding to what Winter had just said "It's alright, she seems quite delightful" she says with a slight chuckle,  scanning the area around them "And yes, a spot to sit would be a good idea too" she says, finding a table with two seats and points to it "Found a spot" she says, making her way over to it and sitting down.

@Scarlet Rose

Winter grabs a seat and digs into the beans and cheesy rice with salsa. The zing of the hot sauce causes his face to flush again from the heat. He lets out a sigh if contentment. 

" Oh man, this is amazing. Great call. Its been forever since I had a burrito. I miss food variety. " 

Taking a small sip of his cider he looks around at the throngs of ponies going to and from their work or home. They all seem oblivious to the amazing things around him. 

" Maybe it's good that I traveled for so long. Look at how everypony just ignores the marvels of the city. How they live where they can see a Princess day or night and they act totally unimpressed by the opportunities around them. "

@Jedishy

"That's city life I'm afraid" biting into her own burrito "It's always so busy, ponies don't have a lot of time to stop and smell the flowers, so to speak" she says and nods "Which is one of the reason I enjoy the work I do, it's slow, I have time to appreciate things, the little things" she says and smiles at him "and now with the change, I think I'll be able to do it a bit more" she says to him "Ivory is right though, I did so some..work, at your old building, it was..an experience"

" Well why dont you tell me about it? I want to know how my parents acted as that is likely the most recent information I can get on them. I dont want to open up old wounds if they are just going to rub salt in them. " 

He dug into the burrito eating slowly savoring every bite. He did not want to push her to talk about hauntings or spirit work if he did not have to but he had to know what was going on with his parents. 

@Jedishy

"Well,  it was your textbook haunting really" she says "Someone had brought in the evil spirit with one way or another" she says, biting into her burrito and smiles "Mmm, and as for your parents, would you believe they were the most rational thinking ones there were?" she would asks "As for your friend from earlier today, this afternoon wasn't the only time I've met him, in fact it was his father's stupidity that had brought the poltergeist into the building." she says, looking at him "Today wasn't the only reason I wanted to bloody his nose, back then he was so demanding and such a spoiled brat..he vexed me so badly back then"

@Scarlet Rose

Winter sighed and shook his head.

" I guess there are some benefits to be being a wanderer after all. Its all a bit of a shock to deal with this family drama after so long. I mean really I did not ever expect to go home. But since showing up here several ponies have hinted strongly that my family wants to see me. Not sure what to make of it. "

He thoughtfully works through his meal thoroughly distracted by an issue he had been sure he put to bed years ago. 

@Jedishy

Tranquil smiles and nods, "Family drama can be draining, I luckily have only experienced it second hand through all the seances I had done" she says "But it is pretty vexing" she smiles a little at him "How-ever, I can tell you this, I have greatly enjoyed your company thus far" she says, and bites into her burrito, chewing on her food before swallowing her mouthful "and I certainly hope that  you will stick around"

@Scarlet Rose

" Well If you enjoy my company I suppose I can stick around. I mean I do not exactly have friends, or job, or a home to go to even if I was going to drift off again. No way I could stay with my parents again. Besides, you are not such bad company yourself. So I suppose I can manage to stay "

Winter sticks his tonguge out at Tranquil playfully as he says this. 

@Scarlet Rose

Winter finishes his food and grabs his cup figuring he can sip the cider as they walk. He grabs their trash and disposes of it all in a nearby can. Walking around to Tranquil he offers his arm again. 

" So we can grab a few sweets and then figure out what to do for the rest of our evening. Does that sound like a plan?