Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Weird ways you like eating food?

ManaMinori

Maybe you mix mayo and ketchup together and dip french fries in it, or maybe you like eating pickles on grilled cheese sandwiches. There are weirdos out there who like eating food in weird ways.  Personally, I like going to a small Mexican restaurant, ordering a mix of beans, rice, and cheese in a bowl (normally, it comes in a burrito), dumping a lot of their hot sauce onto it, eating half, and then adding more hot sauce and some creamy cilantro sauce to change the flavor, mix it up, go through 1/3, and then crush up some tortilla chips and dump that in, for more flavor/texture changes. It's a very complicated process, and definitely weird, I know.

how do you guys like to weirdly eat your food?

• Brohoof 3

I once put chocolate sauce on a dill pickle spear... not something I'd crave, but honestly not as bad as it sounds! The flavors don't really mix so you taste them separately. 

I dunno if I eat anything strangely on the regular. Chips dipped in ice cream is really delicious... not sure if that's weird or not, though, since I think a lot of people dip salty foods in ice cream.

• Brohoof 1

I'm grossed out by a lot of foods, so you can bet I don't really do anything too weird with my food.

People think I'm weird for eating cereal dry. I'm allergic to milk, so that's just kind of natural that I'd eat my cereal dry. However, I will say that I am perfectly fine with cereal dry, and have no desire to find any milk alternative to pour into it. I can't see the appeal. Dry cereal is great!

I put salt on nearly anything. Not just like fries, but biscuits, rolls, rice, etc., etc. Salt is the best thing ever!

This is less of something weird I eat, and more of a habit that's probably strange. When I get a meal like from Arby's, I'll eat the fries and sandwich separately. I'll eat the fries first and then the sandwich. Also I don't actually eat sandwiches, I just eat the meat. lol

Also, while it's not food, it certainly is unpopular... I drink unsweetened sparkling water. And it's a habit I'm glad I acquired because I haven't drank pop or anything sugary in years now.

• Brohoof 2

11 minutes ago, Envy said:

I'm grossed out by a lot of foods, so you can bet I don't really do anything too weird with my food.

People think I'm weird for eating cereal dry. I'm allergic to milk, so that's just kind of natural that I'd eat my cereal dry. However, I will say that I am perfectly fine with cereal dry, and have no desire to find any milk alternative to pour into it. I can't see the appeal. Dry cereal is great!

I put salt on nearly anything. Not just like fries, but biscuits, rolls, rice, etc., etc. Salt is the best thing ever!

This is less of something weird I eat, and more of a habit that's probably strange. When I get a meal like from Arby's, I'll eat the fries and sandwich separately. I'll eat the fries first and then the sandwich. Also I don't actually eat sandwiches, I just eat the meat. lol

Also, while it's not food, it certainly is unpopular... I drink unsweetened sparkling water. And it's a habit I'm glad I acquired because I haven't drank pop or anything sugary in years now.

even nut milk?

also- your blood pressure should be through the roof with all that salt

• Brohoof 1

15 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

even nut milk?

also- your blood pressure should be through the roof with all that salt

I'm allergic to nuts, too.

There were no problems with blood pressure the last time I checked, and I have been salting things for years.

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

I like to eat things around their “borders” then eat the rest of it (depends on what it is though, like candy bars for example).

I eat the crust of the pizza first so I can enjoy the good part more.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I confessed this in another thread. I still (when unobserved) drain tuna into a glass when making tuna salad. Yes, I like to drink the tuna water! OMG, it tastes so good! I think I may have been a cat in a previous life. When I plan to make tuna salad, I always put the cans in the refrigerator the night before. Tuna water is best ice cold!

(Oh, only with low sodium solid white Albacore, in water. No chunk light in oil mess!)

On  separate note. I use a pepper mill, not some cheap pepper shaker. There is literally NO SUCH THING as too much fresh ground pepper in anything!

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, Envy said:

Dry cereal is great! I'll eat it out of the box... Like a healthy snack with too much sugar. :dash:

• Brohoof 1

I like to cook pasta (usually shells) and mix in cottage cheese and butter. I think it tastes amazing.

• Brohoof 1

20 minutes ago, Bakugou Is My Man <3 said:

I like to cook pasta (usually shells) and mix in cottage cheese and butter. I think it tastes amazing.

:pinkie: That sounds DELICIOUS! I have very limited cooking skil. but you gotta teach me how to cook pasta that way!

Anyways, one weird way I like eating food is to put mayo on it (something I picked up from my stepdad). Mayo can actually go with pretty much a lot of stuff, believe it or not!

• Brohoof 2

I love to dip potato chips in chocolate frosting. It may sound weird but the taste is amazing! I've been doing that ever since I was little. And I eat malted milk balls one layer at a time, starting with the chocolaty outer shell and then the crispy middle. It takes a delicate touch but it can be done! 

I'm a wimp when it comes to temperature-hot foods, so I've gotten myself in the habit of dipping pizza rolls in sour cream. Now I don't like pizza rolls unless I have sour cream.

Whenever I'm eating any sort of sandwich, I always toast the bread. Burgers, lunch meat sandwiches, tuna... even PB&J's

As for actual eating behavior, when eating ravioli, I always try to peel the flat noodle off the cupped noddle with my tongue. Whenever I eat Nutty Buddies or anything similar I eat it one layer at a time. If I'm eating some sort of meat with mashed potatoes and some sort of vegetables, I always make a little cake out of everything.

Something that may seen weird to people outside of Scotland,

We often put crisps (chips) in rolls or pieces (it's delicious)

One of my favorite things to make for lunch is a piece and chicken or curry noodles

Now weird to everyone

I eat pizza cheese first, then the base

I eat ice cream with spray cream

(edited)

I like to dip PB&J and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches into a glass of milk.

I like to dip chicken strips into applesauce.

I'll eat the skin off of chicken McNuggets before eating the actual meat sometimes.

I'll save the shells on pistachios to briefly suck on because they're covered in salt, or more recently I pop the whole thing into my mouth and pry it open with my teeth then spit the shells out.

At restaurants if I order French toast for breakfast, then I like to have over easy eggs with it that I place on top and break so the yolk mixes with all of syrup.

I like to eat hot pockets while they're cold.

Edited by SharpWit

I eat breakfast cereals.

... With unsweetened almond milk. It doesn't taste bad at all, actually; you just cannot expect it to taste exactly like standard milk. It takes mild adjustment, but the health perks are worth it, especially if you are lactose intolerant. :mlp_grin: