Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

World Cup Final - Team Moon Wins!

Jeric

2018 MLPF Pony World Cup Final   

191 users have voted

1. 1. Who will emerge victorious and be crowned the ultimate Buck Ball champion?

• Team Ponyville - Twilight Sparkle, Starlight Glimmer, Rainbow Dash, Starswirl, Stygian, Princess Cadance, and Winona
    • Team Moon - Princess Luna, Nightmare Moon, Princess Celestia, Somnambula, Pony of Shadows, Applejack, and Fluttershy

This poll is closed to new votes

We did it! We won!!! :love:

Both did their absolute best though! This calls for a dance party, princesses on both sides are invited!

1230499.gif

• Brohoof 3

Cold.... quiet... and empty.

That's what the field of battle feels to the dethroned, the vanquished. 

The winners of the previous world cup.... weren't strong enough to hold out for victory. 

As the victors, the new champions of the realm celebrate their triumph, the fallen heroes feel the cold embrace of oblivion creeping upon them. 

They kneel down, holding the tattered battle flags and minuscule mementos of what remained of their brothers and sisters in arms.

"Please forgive us... we weren't strong enough to save you... any of you...

Failure after failure... we failed our homes. We failed our families. We failed our friends. We failed you all. We had to fight those we held so dear, send them to oblivion, in hopes that it'd be worth it. That we could make it all better. That we could fix everything in the end. Now all that pain. All that sacrifice. All those friends lost... by our own hooves. What was it all for? Looking on as somepony else proves that we aren't good enough to save our own world? What did we do wrong? We had friends by our side. We had the magic of friendship. We worked together and fought for one another to the very end. So why...? "

One by one, their broken hearts grew silent. The places where valiant warriors once stood became sand scorched wasteland. 

"It's.... it's just... a game. It's still all just a game.... Right?

The cold dry winds begin to pick up and whip the field with a howling frenzy.

....right?"

• Brohoof 6

The group of ponies gave it everything they had, but ultimately it just wasn't enough- they came up just short... maybe more. Not even the might of some of the strongest ponies in Equestria could compete against the two royal Princesses.
Even when they had two princesses of their own.

dashyell.png
I'm not done with you all yet!
twiface.png
We... we failed.
Now what?

stygwhat.png
But... we've come so far... it just wasn't enough. Even with unmatched magic power, we couldn't win.
1410546.png
There is no doubt anymore to me.
Princesses, You have demonstrated you are more than well equipped to face what's ahead... which I believe is the mastermind of this. If what I feel is true, he isn't one to be taken lightly.
But if you succeed, this will all be over.

stygluna.jpg
But then... what happens to us?

I assure you, as my friend, I will see to it nothing will befall you... or Twilight, Cadance, or anypony.

stygeyesclosed.png
I believe in you.
But, whatever happens, please- don't let the Pony of Shadows take me again.

------
He beat his former self with the help of his friends before, but this time, it was too much to stand against. He just hoped he wouldn't go back to it as a result...  the thought of it almost made him consider asking Luna to just destroy them both if that happened, but he knew they wouldn't do that to him.
The scholar put his full trust in the Princess he called his friend, knowing that he couldn't do anything more.
Yet he couldn't help but wonder... what's with this contest? What awaits the victors? Does this all end if they win?
And most important... what would become of him and his friends on the losing side...? He was going to find out soon enough...

Edited by Toastypk
  • Brohoof 3

Good Luck, Team Moon. The fates of everyone rests with you.

Evidently the Pillar who represents what I consider my "Element of Harmony: Hope"  Somnambula, is on the winning team. In a way, through her, it's like I'm on the winning team with them, helping them out.

• Brohoof 5

Cadance smiles and puts her hoof around Twilight, and looks up at Luna and Celestia knowingly. 

Twilight, are you ready for this? I know that there wasn't time to practice, and for you that can't be easy. 

• Brohoof 4

Twilight sighs. 

I'm just worried about Fluttershy. I hope she can handle what we asked. She knows Discord better than any of us, but asking her to ... that's a lot to put on anypony's shoulders. 

• Brohoof 6

Twi, sugarcube, if anypony can pull that off ... its her. I wouldn't fret none. She can do this. WE can do this.  

Hm. How much time do you reckon we have?

• Brohoof 6

As ready as I'll ever be. Cadance, let's do this. 

Twilight closed her eyes tight. The last time this spell was used she was the recipient of it. The remembered the difficulty controlling that much magical power. She was not as strong as Celestia with some things, and pound for pound she was better with raw magic. Twilight had a hard time shaking the feeling that this time Celestia was getting the short end of the deal. Twilight felt her magic well up around her, and ... she started to feel a level of exhaustion she never felt before .... she smiled ... 

IT'S WORKING!

• Brohoof 5

YAY! Team Moon did it! Well done team! :LunaMCM:

And also, congratulations to Ponyville for coming so close! You guys put up a good fight throughout the whole tournament. :twi:

Edited by ILoveRara
  • Brohoof 8
3 minutes ago, Arid_Blitz said:

Team moon has won. Do I get a cookie for being on that team?

No Cookie. But your Moon badge has evolved. ;)

• Brohoof 1

Hey I just realized something, is it too late to get a Ponyvile badge?

I stuck with the Baltimare one before, but that seems to have disappeared.

Or am I not looking enough?

EDIT: Never find I found Baltimare. Decision time... can pick only one.

Edited by Toastypk
  • Brohoof 1