Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

World Cup Final - Team Moon Wins!

Jeric

2018 MLPF Pony World Cup Final   

191 users have voted

1. 1. Who will emerge victorious and be crowned the ultimate Buck Ball champion?

• Team Ponyville - Twilight Sparkle, Starlight Glimmer, Rainbow Dash, Starswirl, Stygian, Princess Cadance, and Winona
    • Team Moon - Princess Luna, Nightmare Moon, Princess Celestia, Somnambula, Pony of Shadows, Applejack, and Fluttershy

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, Lord Valtasar said:

both seem to be blushing, maybe she's embarashed because she will have to crush a kid

At least Twi seems happy about being the winner!

• Brohoof 2
1 minute ago, Lord Valtasar said:

they say ignorance is bliss

Ignorant to the looming threat that is the power house of Ponyville? :twi:

• Brohoof 2

no, the general ignorance kind

Oh! so your ignorance right now to the glory of Twilight! :ticking:

• Brohoof 2
3 minutes ago, TwilySparky said:

Oh! so your ignorance right now to the glory of Twilight! :ticking:

nah. i know of Twilight's glory, it just the team as a whole that didn't impress me is all
(especially the one that barks)

nah. i know of ponyville's glory, it just didn't impress me is all

Well, it should. You are missing out!

• Brohoof 1

"Ponies of Equestria!"

The sudden appearance of the imposing goat sent a chill among the remaining fourteen contestants. Winona, with an bravery as common to farm pups as sugar was to Pinkie Pie, charged forward. Her reckless loyalty was met with a wave from Grogar's right hoof. Winona didn't even register the wall of rock and dirt that rose in between her and the necromancer. If not for Twilight quickly grabbing her with a telekinetic prowess halting the dog's sprint, the poor thing would likely have been out of commission for this Final. As Twi teleported Winona next to Applejack, the wall of rock receded into the earth it came from as abruptly as it appeared -- and as effortlessly. 

"Trivial attacks are a bit premature, but not unexpected for a farm dog. Free will, for all of its cherished gifts, begets lazy training. I don't blame the mongrel, I blame the owner."

Grogar ignored the furious countenance on the orange and blonde Earth pony, and continued. 

"You are no doubt drained and exhausted -- worried about your family and friends. I am simply here to provide the necessary motivation to ensure that the strongest of you wins. Take a look my little ponies ... "

Grogar's eyes glowed an ominous crimson that as images of various places of Equestria surrounded the assembled teams. This was not the facsimiles that they held this game of life on, this was real. As Twilight and company watched in horror, they witnessed Canterlot, Cloudsdale, Manehattan ... every major minor location vanish. The ponies and creatures that occupied them gone in the blink of an eye. Twilight looked at the once gorgeous vista Canterlot. What replaced the cliffs, waterfalls, mountain, and trees ... horrified Twilight. The purple Alicorn heard a gasp from behind her. Starlight, like Twi, had seen this place before. The dozens of cities, townships, and villages were now replaced with a bleak and desolate wasteland. The same wasteland that Twilight finally took Starlight too in an effort to convince her to cease her mission of vengeance. For some time, Twilight wondered what was capable of causing that future. Her curiosity was given its resolution, and Twilight felt no measure of fulfillment in knowing the answer. The only place that stood, was Ponyville, and see looked at Grogar with watery eyes of anger and sadness. 

"Yes. All that remains of your world Princess. In order for me to remake it, and bring forth a new age for my kingdom, your entire way of life must literally be wiped off the map. Win and perhaps Ponyville will be spared. Of course, if you do ... your glorious Moon will be no more. You fancy yourself a mare of science. Do you know what becomes of a mother planet when its satellite is suddenly ripped from the heavens? The look on your face tells me you do, don't you. So, I am here to offer you a bargain. Fight with all you have. If you challenge each other with every ounce of strength and magic you have, I will spare your lovely hamlet and the celestial body. I may even make Ponyville the seat of my power. But, pull your bucks, and the last trace of your culture will be as vestigial as hope has now become. I await the champion."

and with that. the cryptic necromancer vanished. 

• Brohoof 4
(edited)

It was Princess Luna who broke the silence first, and unlike the others, she wore a stoicism and determination that Celestia recognized instantly. A plan. 

"Sister, Twilight, Cadance .... and 'other me', may we speak privately? You two as well Fluttershy and Starlight. We must hurry and talk fast."

Before Nightmare Moon could open her mouth to protest the quorum teleported away. When they returned moments later, the alicorn princesses took their places on the field of play. Starlight put a reassuring hoof around the yellow pegasus pony, who was clearly fighting back her apprehension. Starlight and closed her eyes and concentrated, the sight of the twelve figures readying to play a match for the ages burned in her mind. Without another moments hesitation both ponies teleported away, leaving only he slight hint of an, 'eep' sound behind. 

Edited by Princess Luna
  • Brohoof 3
  • The title was changed to World Cup Final - Ponyville vs Moon - GAME ON
(edited)

I voted for the team that lags behind.

Now it's 50-50 as I type these words. How close to a tie is this going to be when time runs out? We shall see...

EDIT: Now it becomes close to 38-62 after I hit the reply button. The votes are coming in fast. :blink:

Edited by Will Guide
(edited)

I saw 50-50 of 12 votes each 

EDIT: Again after I hit reply, it's now 13-12 votes (52% to 48%)

This is going to be a heated match at this rate!

Edited by Will Guide
3 hours ago, Princess Luna said:

It was Princess Luna who broke the silence first, and unlike the others, she wore a stoicism and determination that Celestia recognized instantly. A plan. 

Princess Luna knows not to fear Grogar, because the dream and the night is her specialty! Grogar made a mistake to try to conquer that! Lets help Luna get her dream realm back! Submit to the night!!

large.jpg

So, it's all come down to this...

We can't lose now, we have made it this far. We will need as much magic and the power of friendship by our side. So let's give it our all, and we can... no, we will make it to Tambelon.

LET'S DO THIS TEAM MOON! :sunbutt: :orly:

10633.gif

medium.gif

medium.gif

• Brohoof 1