Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Petition to keep G4 running.

CastletonSnob

On 3/10/2019 at 9:01 AM, Steve Piranha said:

It’s better for FIM to be rediscovered later as a high point of animation of it’s time rather than another one who overstayed it’s welcome. Simpsons, Fairly Odd Parents, and Spongebob are now remembered for their decay, instead of how good they were during their earlier times.

It felt like it already was starting to decay in season 9 (I personally found 7 and 8 to be kind of unimpressive, but more of a "more of the same" sense than an actual "decay" sense) - two consecutive episodes with a moral of "just be yourself", and two other episodes with character assassination so severe as to feel like a giant middle finger. Theoretically there might have been other cool stories they could have done, but in practice I don't have much confidence that we would have seen anything remotely impressive.

Hopefully the "Season 10" comic will do a better job than the show's team would have done with an actual season 10 - the story with Zecora going on a diplomatic mission to the zebra homeland looks interesting.

Yeah no, unless they plan on shaking up the top brass, after the last few seasons they should keep it dead. After seeing the last few seasons they should have ended after S4 or 5

• Brohoof 2

Bit too late now I think ;P

I mean I guess they thought about continuing it. Kinda the show was becoming too much about the other characters like the sorta new main cast school of friendship anyway. So if they had another series I assume more would be around them again on their antics. Maybe someone could write some fan stuff.

Ofc there are also the comics continuing the story.. 

3 hours ago, flurry said:

Bit too late now I think ;P

People easily forget that G4 is still running as Pony Life. There is no need for a petition (yet)

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Splashee® said:

People easily forget that G4 is still running as Pony Life. There is no need for a petition (yet)

Meh that's not the same at least for me lol the animation hurts my eyes its too quick xP. I'm glad some ppl like it tho. I guess still same characters

Edited by flurry

7 hours ago, flurry said:

I guess still same characters

On steroids... :lostit:

15 hours ago, flurry said:

Kinda the show was becoming too much about the other characters like the sorta new main cast school of friendship anyway. So if they had another series I assume more would be around them again on their antics.

I love absolutely everything about FiM but that was the one thing that slightly annoyed me when the students started to get too much attention. :mlp_please: That's just me being the Mane Six lover I am and when they're absent from an episode, I get very bored. :dry: I didn't even mind when the CMC or the princesses carried their own episodes because I loved them and knew they were compelling enough to keep us interested but with the students, I very quickly forgot their names. :mlp_okiedokieloki:

That is the one and only thing that I would change from an otherwise perfect show if they ever brought it back. I really hope to Celestia that they do. :(

Edited by TomDaBombMLP
  • Brohoof 1

21 minutes ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

one thing that slightly annoyed me when the students started to get too much attention

Classic!

You are probably the biggest fan of the Mane 6, so when Season 9 came around, and started spamming episodes of the Student 6, you probably felt the worst of all of us. :ButtercupLaugh:

I think the student 6 were too overpowered from the beginning, and wasted our valuable time. Time that could be spent on cooler character, ponies, villains, and even Princesses!

• Brohoof 1

40 minutes ago, Splashee® said:

Classic!

You are probably the biggest fan of the Mane 6, so when Season 9 came around, and started spamming episodes of the Student 6, you probably felt the worst of all of us. :ButtercupLaugh:

I think the student 6 were too overpowered from the beginning, and wasted our valuable time. Time that could be spent on cooler character, ponies, villains, and even Princesses!

I sure did! :ButtercupLaugh: It’s fascinating, I can name literally the entire cast of the show, bar the Student Six! :laugh: That’s how much they bugged me! Whenever I’m doing a marathon, I always make it a point to skip their episodes because, what’s the point? Don’t waste my time with characters I don’t care about, give me the ones who I watch the show for! 
It’s called My Little Pony, not My Little Underwhelming Student!

7 hours ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

I love absolutely everything about FiM but that was the one thing that slightly annoyed me when the students started to get too much attention. :mlp_please: 

I remember some other discussion where someone proposed putting the Friendship School into its own spinoff series. That would have been a good way to develop the school and its students without having them cut into the screen time for the characters we had previously grown to know and love.

The problem is that in the later seasons, they introduced more new characters than they had time to meaningfully use. The end of Season 7 brought us the Pillars, and the beginning of Season 8 brought us the Student Six right after that.

16 minutes ago, HedonismBot said:

I remember some other discussion where someone proposed putting the Friendship School into its own spinoff series. That would have been a good way to develop the school and its students without having them cut into the screen time for the characters we had previously grown to know and love.

That would be a nice thought. :mlp_icwudt: Even though I don’t think they were even remotely interesting enough to carry their own series, it would have been better to have a spin-off with them so that they were out of the way of FiM. :dash:
As I said, it’s called My Little Pony, not My Little Uninteresting Non-Pony Student! :angry:

Edited by TomDaBombMLP

What was the point of bumping this thread a year and a half after the last post? Clearly the petition didn't go anywhere, no reason to add new opinions to it.

/Yes, I know I'll be bumping it again with this one, but hopefully will prevent others from doing it.