Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

G5 Hopes and Worries

SALAMANDER_SMOOTHIE

I have many hopes and worries about the 5th generation. 

Here are my hopes:

1. Despite the movie (and possibly, the series) being computer animated, which is kinda risky when it comes to ponies, I expect the animation and designs to look good. I believe Lauren Faust might even help with any design problems.
  2. Old Bronies will continue to watch and enjoy the show, despite G4 being over.
  3. Newer Bronies like me (joined 2017-2019) will get to have a new experience.
  4. The show will have a similar feel to G4, but will also feel like something truly new at the same time.
  5. The G4 ponies will still appear in special events, crossovers with other shows, etc. to keep the G4 fans happy.
  6. Sites like these will still exist with the new generation.

Here are my worries:

1. Computer animation will not be appealing.
  2. Old Bronies will ignore the show and move on to other things.
  3. Newer Bronies will not like the new experience.
  4. The show will be, like Lauren Faust once said, "a puddle of smooshy, cutesy-wootsy, goody-two-shoeness."
  5. The G4 ponies will be forgotten.
  6. Sites like these will shut down because of a dying fandom.

What do you guys think?

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 7:37 AM, Dark defender said:

If the leaks are true, I don't think I'll be that interested, I don't like the idea of traveling to different worlds,dimensions etc

Why not? If each generation was in the same world with slightly different tweaks then it'd get boring. It's nice for each gen to be new and fresh.

• Brohoof 1

26 minutes ago, vgmaster9 said:

Why not? If each generation was in the same world with slightly different tweaks then it'd get boring. It's nice for each gen to be new and fresh.

I don't agree with that. The size and richness of the universe is already on the level of Middle Earth at the very least, and there's also the past and the future that could be explored. FiM writing grew so big that it needed its own space apart from fanfiction.net. There's enough room to keep going for decades if only the right minds were involved. You just couldn't keep the show focused on whoever is controlling the Elements (though I would love a Homeric action adventure show about the heroic deeds of the Pillars in their prime, and Luna/Celestia in their younger days, battling with the likes of Discord, Sombra, and the Sirens)

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, vgmaster9 said:

Idk it seems like it would be hard to construct a storyline based around it..like how do you incorporate world jumping into a nice compact storyline because if it involves jumping to different dimensions it just wouldn't have the same impact G4 had.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, honestly I think my biggest worry more than anything is that G4 will become, not necessarily forgotten, but irrelevant. I'm probably gonna keep pumping out G4 fanart until I either get bored or run out of ideas, and I really love this generation a lot (despite its flaws), but the thing I fear most would be having G4 stuff from both veteran and newbie creators overlooked because everyone's latched onto the new generation.

I know my fears are probably overblown, but at the same time I feel it could totally happen. :( I guess only time will tell.

• 1 year later...
(edited)
On 3/7/2019 at 12:26 AM, SALAMANDER_SMOOTHIE said:
  • Old Bronies will ignore the show and move on to other things.
  • Sites like these will shut down because of a dying fandom.

Yeah my biggest 2 worries. 

My hopes: 

There will be another mane 7 (I include Starlight in with the mane 6) but with different ponies

There will be a lot of worldbuilding

Edited by TheNewBrony

Josh Haber being involved in any capacity alone would be enough for me to write off G5 completely

Aside from that they really need to decide whether it should be a Slice of Life or Adventure cartoon. I feel the biggest problem with G4 is when it tried to mix the two, it would often leave the smaller episodes simple SoL while the main episodes would be huge adventures, making it pretend it was bigger than it was or needed to be resulting in a show that felt like it was high on its own farts when the main meat of the show didn't reflect that, something I feel both the main show and comics suffered from. If they do insist on keeping it a mix of the two, at the very least, they should make it episodic and not include any major arcs so the rest of the show could stand on equal footing