KillerKingBakudan

Being in a car crash, or being in a plane crash?

I'd take the car if I can manage to jump out before crashing. But if I was resigned to dying either way I'd take the plane and go down with an awesome view. 

In a car crash, I'd at least be able to potentially survive. In a plane crash, they'd be no chance.

Badges

I’m guessing the question is rather would you prefer loss of brakes at top speed (let’s say 55mph with a stop light ahead) or fuel starvation at some altitude (higher is better, usually I’ve cruised at 3-4000 feet above ground).

On a car, I’d downshift if available (my Accent has that), or probably drive into the curb to slow down, or just swerve to stop... lots of variables to play with.

In a plane, land in some field or airport (not everywhere), or a road. A good landing site and into the wind and it wouldn’t even be a hard stop. There’s likely fewer people going to be harmed from this. Assuming the fuel starvation wasn’t my own fault...

I won’t say my preferred option; knock on wood :wacko: .

Badges

I'd probably have a better survival rate in a car crash on land than in a plane. I'd have plenty more options available to avoid or minimize damage, as the driver. In a plane, there's not much you can do as a passenger.

But I'd much rather die in a plane crash than in a car crash underwater.

Honestly a car. I don't know why but I think my survivability would be greatly improved.

Badges