Hightlyze

When puberty started, how hard did it hit you?

Poorly. That's when I realized things weren't right but couldn't articulate what or why. Messed with everything, made me moody and amplified my already existing depression and anxiety by a thousand. Suffice to say, I had a bad time.

Nothing happened that hard for me, there was no noticeable changes besides deeper voice and more hair, more zits and such than usual.

Badges

On 3/7/2019 at 11:36 AM, The Recherche said:

Very. VERY.

Black as the only colour in my wardrobe? Check.

God-awful music? Check.

Listening to the aforementioned music far too loudly? Check.

An amorphous mood? Check.

Nigh-constant voice breaks? Check.

Rubbish hairdos? Check.

Though I am not finished growing quite yet, I am grateful that my angsty teenage days are over. I am also counting my lucky stars that I am not deaf, but that is a different subject. :please:

Seems about right most of these happened to me too (and still are happening)

It was fairly typical as far as puberty goes. Almost cliche to a point. Nothing was particularly over the top, but it was the start of my depression which continues to this day. That's been at least 12 years or so.

Badges

It did some ways, and I think it just entirely missed in others. Luckily my voice never really cracked much and I never got bad acne, but I think I missed the whole testosterone thing. I'm 6"1' with a fairly wide bone structure, yet I only weigh about 135 lbs. Muscles don't exist on my body

Mood swings are a definite yes

Good old angsty, edgy teen years hit (And have yet to completely disappear. Maybe they're here to stay)

Wonderful, painful growth spurts

Voice dropped a lot

Started growing a mustache when I was 12. Even shaving every other day, there's already a little scruff when I wake up the next morning

And obviously the whole "urges" deal. Lovely time

Being male is so much fun

Badges

(edited)

Okay, I think I didn't really properly reply to this thread with my first reply.

Puberty may not have hit me very hard, but I still hated what came out of it. It started when I was about 14 for me, and that was when my gender identity problems really began. I'm also glad it ended. It ended a bit late I think, but it still ended.

I may not have known that I had gender issues was back when I was 14, but about the time I was 17 I realized it was a gender identity issue. I also HATE my voice now. It may sound good for a man, but I'm not really a MAN. Not to mention the BODY HAIR. Ugh. I also had a very NSFW issue during puberty that I'm glad I don't suffer anymore. Let's just say it made me seem like a total disgusting creep with serious issues. :dry: It doesn't help that puberty kickstarted a depression that would last for several years and made already existing anxiety and acne problems worse than they already were, and I had REALLY bad dandruff.

Edited by Dusky, the Boy Queen
-__-

Being trans, my body was doing stuff that I didn’t want it to.  I became more reclusive since I was ashamed of myself.  Every period I had felt like some punishment, don’t even get me started on my chest...

It happened pretty slowly for me and didn't hit me too hard really...

Badges

My boobs started growing in in 4th grade and I got my first period the summer before 5th grade. I got made fun of because my chest was growing and everyone else looked like a normal child compared to me. I hadn't got periods explained to me until after I got mine. I was terrified to find blood in my swimsuit after going for a swim.

When I started to become a teenager, my skin broke out terribly. No matter what I tried, my skin just wouldn’t clear up. It was super embarassing. I was humiliated when I went to school. I thought that makeup was too girly so I didn’t use it. I was diagnosed with hyperhidrosis, which is excessive sweating. Before I found proper treatment, I had to deal with constant & uncontrolled sweating. I had to bring at least four sweatshirts to school so I could hide the sweat marks.

2 minutes ago, Bakugou Is My Man <3 said:

I was diagnosed with hyperhidrosis, which is excessive sweating.

:eww: That doesn't sound very pleasant.

Anyways, I'm not sure if I've said this before, but puberty was an absolute bitch for me, especially in terms of emotions.

didn't had the chance, since when it hit me I was mostly running inside a city at war for political problems and a massacre that happened in a highway 

Badges