Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mexican snack food

ManaMinori

(edited)

I have tried a few Mexican snacks and sweets, and it seems like out of what I've tried, they tend to go heavy on the salty/sour aspect. Takis, especially.  They're horrible!!! I loved the double crunch from the chip being rolled up, but the flavor was terribly salty! Even some candies were coated in layers of chile and loads of salt! 

What Mexican snack have you guys tried and loved or hated?

Edited by Nightmare Muffin
  • Brohoof 1

I dated an individual who was hispanic (Mexican, specifically) and his house always had Mexican snacks/candies. I was not a fan of most of them; a lot of them having a spicy kick to it. There was one candy(?) that I really enjoyed, however. It was basically a hunk of candied fruit. I have no idea what it was but it was delicious.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

If you don't like spicy and still want to try Mexican snacks/candy, you should try traditional mexican candies.

They're mostly made out of seeds or nuts with caramel or other sources of sweetness. I would recommend 'palanqueta' or 'mazapan' if you're into peanuts or 'cocada' if you like coconuts.

Now, if you're specifically trying non-traditional candy/snacks, then it won't be a nice experience to people who don't like sour or spicy food.

Edited by DonMaguz
  • Brohoof 1

15 minutes ago, DonMaguz said:

If you don't like spicy and still want to try Mexican snacks/candy, you should try traditional mexican candies.

They're mostly made out of seeds or nuts with caramel or other sources of sweetness. I would recommend 'palanqueta' or 'mazapan' if you're into peanuts or 'cocada' if you like coconuts.

Now, if you're specifically trying non-traditional candy/snacks, then it won't be a nice experience to people who don't like sour or spicy food.

It's not that I don't like spicy. I can down a bag of XXXtra Flaming Hot Cheetos like nobody's business. But the amount of salt in Mexican snacks and sweets. I can't

• Brohoof 1

As a Mexican I hate the fact that most Mexican candies have chili and are generally spicy, and find it straight up sadistic

That said, you know what candy I do like?

image.png.8abc2f93179d24de06ec0f956cf356d5.png

This right here is some of the greatest shit ever made

• Brohoof 3

"Sandi Brochas" or the Spicy watermelon lollipops with chile inside are my personal favorite Mexican candy.

Spoiler

6009304.jpg?1530891187:ticking:

They blow the chili covered corn and mango flavored lollipops out of the water.I also really like "Pulparindo" which is a Tamarind flavored soft chewy taffy like candy and "Gansito" a small sponge cake with cream and strawberry jam on top,dipped completely in choclate.

Takis,Pelon Pelo Rico,De La Rosa Mazapan,Lucas Muecas,Lucas Gusano,Lucas Powder,Lucas Salsaghetti are just a few other of my favorites. :twismile:

23 minutes ago, Dreambiscuit said:

Churros for me, please! I love churros! I could eat them all day. :mlp_yay: 

I second that. I guess churros, and nachos are probably the only Mexican snacks I enjoy.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Hm...well, I don't eat much Mexican based snacks, except the churros at Taco Bell were always good. Does that count? :muffins: Or how about tortilla chips and salsa?

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

27 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Hm...well, I don't eat much Mexican based snacks, except the churros at Taco Bell were always good. Does that count? :muffins: Or how about tortilla chips and salsa?

A real Mexican restaurant with fresh tortilla chips and salsa = all the yeses. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
13 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

Churros for me, please! I love churros! I could eat them all day. :mlp_yay: 

What they said.

Edited by TBD

• 10 months later...