Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New Trailer for Season 9

MangoFoalix

58 minutes ago, R.D.Dash said:

Looks like they spoiled a whole season in a single trailer.

Possibility of King Sombra redemption.

Tree is going to be fine.

Celestia and Luna nuking Crystal Empire.

Twilight is a verb

That's not necessarily the whole season. Just the S9 premiere.

• Brohoof 1

I can not wait for the parody comics about Celestia and Luna retiring. :laugh: Them spoiling Sombra's apparent defeat twice now also gives me hope that we are not going to get a repeat of him being blown up. At worst, he'll probably be sealed away again or they might even do their own version of the redemption arc from the comics. 

• Brohoof 1

38 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

I agree, it's probably going to be a season long thing imo, like how they did with prior seasons.

This was a pretty good trailer.  And honestly it was what really hit me that the show is going to be over soon.  Luckily from what we have seen, it looks like the show is going to go out on a bang instead of a whimper.

• Brohoof 2

8 hours ago, PathfinderCS said:

All right:

1. Royal

9 hours ago, VG_Addict said:

>Student Six becoming the new EoH
>Twilight ruling Equestria
>Multiple villains

I'm worried about how they're gonna fit all this into the premiere without it being rushed.

3. Sombra with his brain-washed soldiers

Can the Mane 6 still be the Main Characters?

Well, looking at the new trailer, I think Celestia and Luna choosing to retire is a better option than the fear of one of them paying the ultimate price to protect Equestria, but it is clear that they won't stay retired for long once they learn of King Sombra making his move to take over Equestria now that his sworn enemies have stepped down from the throne. They may have not fought him for over a millennium, but they won't let Canterlot, the Crystal Empire, Ponyville, and everywhere else fall to his iron fist like in the alternate future where Celestia was at war with him.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
1 hour ago, Bas said:

I am not liking your negativity here, TBH.

First off, don't assume that without any proof.

Second, even IF the Y6 would get the spotlight...you should not have the worst expectations about it. Otherwise you will just try to confirm them and look for every single thing that proves "you are right".

No offense, but you are just taking out the fun for yourself.

I just wrote that somewhere else; The final season doesn't mean it will be the last FiM content. The last FiM content will not mean the last MLP content.

It might turn out that you like Gen 5 just as much as FiM! ;)

Also, it looks like it will be a reboot, so this means no goodbye to mane 6 either! :mlp_grin:

1) I am not sure if Lauren Faust's vision lasted even till the end of s3.

2) She wasn't the only person working on FiM. It is the work of many, and many of them will be just as important for it's success as her.

Well said.

Plus at 1:07 of the trailer, the color of the Mane 6 touching the Young Six seem to hint at who will be the successor to which pony, if this is the direction the crew is going for

Gallus: Loyalty

Yona: Honesty

Silverstream: Laughter

Sandbar: Magic (He's kinda of the one that keeps the group together)

Smolder: Generosity 

Ocellus: Kindness (hinted with Fluttershy telling the Changelings the school is reopening and comforting a scared Ocellus on Day 1)

This post shall be fixed later. I'm kinda in a hurry right now. :-P

Edited by Will Guide
  • Brohoof 1

It's the beginning of the end... in more ways than one. Still, the reality of the whole thing still hasn't hit everyone while most are still struggling to accept it. Me? I've long accepted the fact that this is where it all ends even though I wish it could've ended after ten seasons instead of nine.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
12 hours ago, Will Guide said:

Still like them showing us ponies standing next to the fixed tree, that's not really how the big company is supposed to edit the trailers to begin with.

Edited by R.D.Dash
  • Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, R.D.Dash said:

Still like them showing us ponies standing next to the fixed tree, that's not really how the big company is supposed to edit the trailers to begin with.

For all we know, the scene of them standing next to the "fixed" Tree happens BEFORE it gets destroy. One shouldn't be complaining about something like this until one sees the whole thing. 

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I just found out that Lauren had plans for the characters' destinies, and even though she left after season 2, the show still did at least the ones I'm aware she talked about, including Twilight eventually being Celestia's successor. That info can be found at 2:42 of this:

Edited by PinkiePie97
  • Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Bas said:

Weird to have a hoarding dragon being the element of Generosity, if you ask me.

Also, I think it makes sense the m6 and Twi especially advance to the next level. They all made huge (or at least most of them) accomplishments through the series, so this is the final highlight. The next, and in this case, final step.

Remember how Rarity gave the message to the dragons that the School of Friendship would reopen in S8 premiere?  That was subtle foreshadowing.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
2 hours ago, Bas said:

Weird to have a hoarding dragon being the element of Generosity, if you ask me.

For all we know she could be the element of something different, like tolerance. 

Edited by R.D.Dash
  • Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Will Guide said:

Remember how Rarity gave the message to the dragons that the School of Friendship would reopen in S8 premiere?  That was subtle foreshadowing.

Excellent point. And would be a great antithesis of the greed addiction that conquers many a dragon.

This trailer is a swing of emotions. While I didn't cry, it definitely moved me with its somber rendition of the intro. Can't wait to see what the final season offers! :D

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I can’t imagine how sad and bittersweet the series finale will be :adorkable:. I hope it’s emotional. Despite my sadness, I want the show make me feel I’m saying goodbye to friends :adorkable:

Spoiler

According to what I read on Equestria Daily, they may have spoiled the premiere, with saying 200 will be about Twilight and Shining settling an old siblley rivalry score.  Which means in my opinion

Spoiler

Twilight will not rule Equestria (yet), and Celestia and Luna will unretire (for the rest of the season).

• Brohoof 1

On 3/8/2019 at 1:52 PM, TBD said:

I'm not sure about handing over the Equestria kingdom to a bunch of 6 ponies who is one, is the teachers over a the friendship school, two, have their own personal jobs and three, already have her own freaking kingdom at ponyville.. A bit overboard much? Having them retired is a poor lazy way to try to create a plot of the six dealing with how to handle the kingdom.

I can see it now...

tenor.gif?itemid=11687404

I agree. Running a kingdom is a huge step up, this is following Season 8 where Twilight has made mistakes and bad decisions on running her school which are never delve into. It does throw a lot of doubt on her abilities to run a large scale kingdom. Especially since it's staffed by ponies not her friends. 

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 1

I’m shedding some tears now. I’m sad, but thankful. I’ve spent years being incapable of crying, not unwilling , but incapable. I think I will cry hard once the finale finish airing :(

On 3/9/2019 at 3:50 PM, Bas said:

Ah yeah! Weren't the pillars a similar but slightly different version of each element?

Yeah! That was my thought as soon as I saw the Student 6. They seem to be their own elements, not copies of the Mane 6's elements. 

• Brohoof 1