Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New Trailer for Season 9

MangoFoalix

I’m pretty sure Celestia retiring is actually Chrysalis, the facial expression she made when she announced it was odd, and the episode synopsis seems to mention a villain team up. That doesn’t explain why Luna is also down with it though. 

• Brohoof 2

There's a good number of directions they could take this in, I feel. It's interesting that they started the season off with a trailer that basically gives the viewer the series' endgame, but I think that's what most people imagined would end the series- with the passing of the torch to Twilight. We thought that would originally be the end when she became an alicorn. But maybe they'll surprise us. Nine seasons is a long time for a cartoon, but so far it's been pretty good. I have no reason to believe season nine will disappoint.

On 3/8/2019 at 12:14 PM, ggg-2 said:

The way i see it, either this retirement thing is a troll or we get mane 6 alicorns. Either way, the fandom's gonna be hellishly pissed. :okiedokieloki:

They're going to be anyway. Sometimes I stumble on songs that were written when Twilight became an Alicorn. All of it, VERY dark. This free-spirited Mare suddenly tied down to a throne. From what I can tell, the fandom was in a total panic, fearing for what this would do to her.

And if that's not enough, it also reinforces the fear that she's more or less immortal, and is going to have to see her friends die. Hasbro what have you done?!

Depending on how they do it, one thing is most certain:

Spoiler

Twilight will not be ruling over Equestria anytime soon.  The hint given about #200 gave that away.  As well as you have "Rainbow Roadtrip" Upcoming in the summer.   

if they go that route teased, it won't be till the 2nd half of this final season.  

Thoughts anypony?

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, bwrosas said:

Depending on how they do it, one thing is most certain:

Reveal hidden contents

Twilight will not be ruling over Equestria anytime soon.  The hint given about #200 gave that away.  As well as you have "Rainbow Roadtrip" Upcoming in the summer.   

if they go that route teased, it won't be till the 2nd half of this final season.  

Thoughts anypony?

Suddenly that Celestia announcing the retirement being Chrissy makes sense :mlp_icwudt:

18 hours ago, BornAgainBrony said:

They're going to be anyway. Sometimes I stumble on songs that were written when Twilight became an Alicorn. All of it, VERY dark. This free-spirited Mare suddenly tied down to a throne. From what I can tell, the fandom was in a total panic, fearing for what this would do to her.

And if that's not enough, it also reinforces the fear that she's more or less immortal, and is going to have to see her friends die. Hasbro what have you done?!

There was a story on FimFiction around that same premise that I read except that Celestia had died and transferred her powers to Twilight. Talk about a depressing story. It kept jumping 20 or so years in the future and her friends kept dying of old age while she stayed young. 

Something tells me that the sisters retiring will lead to Sombra’s invasion cause he would think Equestria would be weakened without them. 

The scene of Applejack and Applebloom running made me think that their parents aren’t coming back. It seems like they’re running towards them.

Edited by Twilight Luna

On 3/12/2019 at 12:57 PM, Ganondox said:

I’m pretty sure Celestia retiring is actually Chrysalis, the facial expression she made when she announced it was odd, and the episode synopsis seems to mention a villain team up. That doesn’t explain why Luna is also down with it though. 

Spoiler

good point there. I mean how else King Sombra knows where the tree of  harmony is? I bet Queen Chrysalis is behind of all this.  

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

I wonder why they disabled the comments for the video :huh:. Maybe they expected lots of backlash 

Originally, it was unlisted and just meant for The Hollywood Reporter. It might have something to do with that.

• Brohoof 1

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 1:57 PM, Ganondox said:

Maybe Luna's pulling a Citan and just pretending to go along with it to find out her plans.

The facial expression Celestia made was likely just done for a joke, guys. :laugh: Occam's Razor, not to mention that Grogar's confirmed inclusion in the Season 9 premiere makes Chrysalis being crammed in here too to be unlikely, as too many villain plots would surely hinder the premiere's pacing. 

For my own conspiracy theory, I had a somewhat chilling realization recently that made me believe more that the show is going to have their own reformation of Sombra. I think that both he and Luna were possessed by the same kind of dark force. I think that the destruction of the elements in the Season 9 premiere is an intentional homage to the destruction of the elements in the show's pilot with Nightmare Moon. It would explain why Luna was so adamant about wanting to go to the Crystal Empire with Twilight in the Season 3 premiere, even to the point where she was still disappointed after Twilight succeeded. If both of the villains we thought she and Stygian were turned out to just be good-hearted ponies who were corrupted by an evil shadow, then... 

Successfully got next Saturday free after one failed attempt, thanks for the timely medical appointment I got yesterday. I can watch the live-stream of the final season premiere. Not going to make a habit of requesting Saturday, despite watching horse live streams for years, but life comes first. The only other time I’m gonna ask for a Saturday off will be for the series finale :(

• This topic was unfeatured and unpinned
  • 2 months later...
(edited)

Well, we seem to be in a pretty decent mood for having only half a season left, a contrast to when the news hit FIM is ending. The sad reprise of the main song heard in the trailer added to the heartbreak 

Which begs the question? When we will hear it in-show? The show hasn’t shown any signs of an appropriate moment to play this, even suggesting the rest of the Mane 6 will rule alongside Twi for a long time as well. Hell, the soon to air Rainbow Roadtrip doesn’t appear to have any of that either

PD: I’ve just teared up when listening this again :(

Edited by Steve Piranha
  • Brohoof 1

I have always disliked the opening theme to the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic episodes. However, this cover breaks my heart into a million pieces. It’s so difficult for me to listen to... I wouldn’t be surprised at all if I cry during the series finale if this version of the song plays. It really hammers the fact in that this is, in fact, the end. Here’s hoping the show gets an end it deserves.

(edited)

I think we will hear it at the very end of the last episode like in a montage of the entire show and then have it play into the credits. I can’t listen to it without getting chocked up. 

Edited by Twilight Luna

This song always makes me tear up so much omg.

If this plays in the finale with like a montage of the show or whatever, I'm definitely going to cry. :(

Just went back, I posted this many months ago, so I'm going to merge it with that thread. Hopefully you understand. :)