FirePuppy

Movies/TV ‘Jeopardy!’ Thanks Fans After Host Alex Trebek Reveals Stage IV Cancer Diagnosis

Recommended Posts

Alex Trebek is a good, decent, intelligent man and I'm sorry for his situation. I wish him the very best for everything. 

  • Brohoof 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

14 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

Alex Trebek is a good, decent, intelligent man and I'm sorry for his situation. I wish him the very best for everything. 

So do I. After all, he did live enough to be as old as Charlie O’Donnell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

2 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

So do I. After all, he did live enough to be as old as Charlie O’Donnell.

1. He isn't dead. 

2. He didn't retire. 

3. Cancer sucks man. Like a lot. I made some adjustments to your post to reflect a less tongue-in-cheek commentary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sorry for him and wish him all good luck and the best, I don't even know, but I would do this for everyone having cancer.

Maybe the most important thing is not to get yourself eaten up by the disease and still find ways to enjoy the rest of the life you have got.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

He's optimistic, he's in good spirits and he's got fans that care deeply for him. 

He's got this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Do not take what I am about to say the wrong way. I am sure he is a good person and I mean no ill will towards him personally. I just find it ironic people are losing their mind over this so much. There are millions of people living with this disease at this very moment, but the person people go crazy over is a game show host. A game show that I personally never found interesting in the slightest in the first place, most US game shows are just watching people answer questions and win money. I get that people have nostalgia since he and the show have been around for a long time, I just find the celebrity worship culture to be disheartening. Alex didn't really do anything revolutionary. He didn't revolutionize media in any real way, medicine, arts, nothing like that, but just hosting a very tame game show. Unless I am missing something.

Again, I am not trying to be a dick, this disease is terrifying on all accounts and it is something I fear every day and if he can somehow overcome it, then that would be good, but I say that about anyone with this disease, because I just don't see a game show host as above anyone else. He's just a person in my eyes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

13 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

Do not take what I am about to say the wrong way. I am sure he is a good person and I mean no ill will towards him personally. I just find it ironic people are losing their mind over this so much. There are millions of people living with this disease at this very moment, but the person people go crazy over is a game show host. A game show that I personally never found interesting in the slightest in the first place, most US game shows are just watching people answer questions and win money. I get that people have nostalgia since he and the show have been around for a long time, I just find the celebrity worship culture to be disheartening. Alex didn't really do anything revolutionary. He didn't revolutionize media in any real way, medicine, arts, nothing like that, but just hosting a very tame game show. Unless I am missing something.

Again, I am not trying to be a dick, this disease is terrifying on all accounts and it is something I fear every day and if he can somehow overcome it, then that would be good, but I say that about anyone with this disease, because I just don't see a game show host as above anyone else. He's just a person in my eyes.

I don't know that it's really celebrity worship (which I also have problems with). I would say this is more about the fact that because Alex Trebek is a public figure that has been running Jeopardy for a very long time, people are familiar with him. It's that familiarity which allows for empathy directly for him. I mean, it's not because people worship him as a celebrity, it's just because he is someone they are directly aware of. Someone who has a name, face, and personality that is familiar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Join the herd!

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.