Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Opinions on Oujia boards?

ChikaChan

The boards are proven fake. There's a video with a guy who investigates such things (like UFO cases, mysteries etc), he explained everything about spirit-summoning games, their history and how they work. Unfortunately the video only has eng subtitles, but basically it's all our imagination + little brain tricks

• Brohoof 2

Ouija is a trademark owned by Hasbro. So we could see a MLP Ouija board. :o It is the combination of the French and German words for yes. The generic term is spirit board or witch board.

On 3/8/2019 at 11:22 PM, Princess Moony said:

I even talked to 2 girls from 1900's 

Valley girls from 1990s? That's 1900s :P

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Bolt Number 42 said:

Ouija is a trademark owned by Hasbro. So we could see a MLP Ouija board. :o

Maybe it will open a portal to Equestria!! :kirin:Dang, Hasbro why didn’t you?! 

@Treeglow Flicker  questions, didn’t you have to say good bye before ending it? Because I heard if you don’t close it properly evil spirits most likely stayed behind. And how can you tell if the spirit are being bad or not? Just curious. Never met anyone who actually used it. I heard stories instead 

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, TBD 🚬 said:

@Treeglow Flicker  questions, didn’t you have to say good bye before ending it? Because I heard if you don’t close it properly evil spirits most likely stayed behind. And how can you tell if the spirit are being bad or not? Just curious. Never met anyone who actually used it. I heard stories instead 

I've heard a lot of different types of etiquette that people use when using the board. I've always been taught to be respectful to whatever it is you contact and when it's over with, to simply thank them for their time. Once you stop using the board, the connection is just cut though, as far as I know anyway. If there is something lurking about, it's most likely it's been there the whole time without the board playing a part in it.

In regards to encountering something troublesome while using a board, the most your likely to get are insults or something like that. In that case, it's best just to say farewell and dismiss it by stop using the board. Nothing sinister or evil as such.

I get sceptical of stories of poltergeist like activity while using the board. The only thing that anything you contact should only be affecting, is the glass and your touch. It's always best to use the board with those you can trust to take it seriously. Glass pushing is bad etiquette. If you ever try it and get suspicious of anyone pushing the glass, just lighten your touch on the glass, if it suddenly tips, someone at the table is pushing it.

Using the board though overall, can be a lot like fishing. A lot of the time you don't actually contact anything.

And to be honest, a lot of what you do get can be random jibberish. Last time I used a board was a few years ago on the first anniversary of my dad's death. We got curious to see if we could reach him. But alas, we didn't. Initially we thought we got something else, but my brother's girlfriend was pushing the glass. I lightened my touch and the glass tipped away from her. So it was a wasted session. Haven't actually used it since then. Wasn't a very good board to use anyway.

(edited)

I'm pretty skeptical about the paranormal but if there's any chance such things exist I wouldn't want to mess with it particularly if it could unleash something evil or dangerous so I wouldn't go near a Ouija board. Even if nothing actually happened my mind would still play tricks on me and terrify me thinking something bad was happening as a result of it.

Edited by Rainbow Cloud 🌈

If you want to give it a try at a Halloween party, go right ahead, but I've seen enough disturbing stuff without fooling around with a Ouija board. So no thanks.

I truly don't buy any of that kinda stuff...any fears I've had in the past of this category have been overcome simply by the mantra in my head "It's not real." However, I am way too paranoid of a person to not believe in it to the point that I'd carelessly go messing about with it.

I stay away from them while keeping in mind that it's only real if we make it real. 

I see it all as nonsense. I like the concept of the paranormal on a fear-creating level, makes for possibly good movies and such. Even so, I cannot bring myself to ever belief in anything paranormal whatsoever. I once stayed at Waverly Hills Sanatorium for 3 hours and for a place that had thousands upon thousands of deaths occur there, it sure was lacking in literally anything paranormal.

• Brohoof 3

19 hours ago, Treeglow Flicker said:

. Haven't actually used it since then. Wasn't a very good board to use anyway.

What do you mean by good board vs bad ones? Or it’s just depends how lucky you get?

• Brohoof 1

42 minutes ago, TBD 🚬 said:

What do you mean by good board vs bad ones? Or it’s just depends how lucky you get?

Pretty much just an aesthetic thing on my part. I prefer the traditional boards. No bells or whistles. :yeahno:

• Brohoof 1

42 minutes ago, Treeglow Flicker said:

Pretty much just an aesthetic thing on my part. I prefer the traditional boards. No bells or whistles. :yeahno:

I never knew there's a different between an aesthetic and fakes ones. Which prob explain to most people experiencing nothing at their ends. 

• Brohoof 1

I think it is nonsense - people moving the marker unconsciously, that's it.

I actually tried it once, well, not the commercial version, but when I was a kid my grandmother told me that you could talk to the spirits:
1. Take a plate (it has to be a lightweight porcelain one), por a mark on it with a pencil
2. Take a piece of paper, write all the letters and numbers in a circle, write common words (yes, no, goodbye) as well somewhere.
3. Place the plate upside down on the paper, everyone touches the plate and you can call the spirit. If it comes, the plate will start moving.
4. You can ask your questions and the plate will stop and indicate letters with the pencil mark.
5. You cannot do this alone and everyone in the apartment has to participate.
6. After you are done, you have to thank the spirit and say goodbye.

And IIRC we tried it once when we finally had a porcelain plate to use (and I think we called my great grandfather). Well, it was interesting, the plate was moving and spelling out words and at the time I kind-of believed it (I was a kid), but thinking about it now, I'm pretty sure either my grandmother was moving the plate or we were doing it together unconsciously.

Actually James Randi would give you a million dollars if you could prove that this works and you can actually talk to the dead.