Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

First Season 9 Screenshots

Dark Qiviut

(edited)

Along with the press release and trailer, Discovery Family released 12 screenshots from a selection of the first 10 episodes. The following are categorized under their respective tags.

The Beginning of the End, Part 2:

Spoiler

MLP_FIM_902_SC_003.png

MLP_FIM_902_SC_006.png

Ep. 3:

Spoiler

MLP_FIM_903_SC_002.png

Ep. 4 (#200 of the show):

Spoiler

MLP_FIM_904_SC_004.png

MLP_FIM_904_SC_007.png

MLP_FIM_904_SC_001.ef7637aa0650.jpg

Ep. 5:

Spoiler

MLP_FIM_905_SC_002.png

MLP_FIM_905_SC_005.png

Ep. 6:

Spoiler

MLP_FIM_906_SC_004.png

Ep. 7:

Spoiler

MLP_FIM_907_SC_001.png

Ep. 9:

Spoiler

MLP_FIM_909_SC_003.png

Ep. 10:

Spoiler

MLP_FIM_910_SC_007.png

Reactions? Speculations?

Edited by Dark Qiviut
FIM has Ep. #200 as the fourth of S9.
  • Brohoof 5

(edited)
Spoiler

Nice to see they'll be returning to the Dragon Lands! :mlp_yay:

I wonder who that filly is in episode 6... :ooh: She's cute, as is the pink mare! ^_^

Edited by Tacodidra
  • Brohoof 5

In Episode 4,

Spoiler

I haven't seen Fluttershy in that outfit since Season 3, Magic Duel. And I wonder about that crown on the scroll Spike has?

• Brohoof 1

Spoiler

Looking forward to episode 9, I really like Smolder and Spike both as characters and a duo. Hope Ember will be there too! 

And episode 3 pretty much tells which element is going to which student 6. I was mostly right with my guesses! :ooh:

• Brohoof 1

About in Episode 3, I'm bringing something I already brought up since it's better here with the picture

Spoiler

the color of the Mane 6 touching the Young Six seem to hint at who will be the successor to which pony, if this is the direction the crew is going for

imageproxy.png.06f407e3899809c99d5a39aed09ae9cf.png

Gallus: Loyalty (He shows hidden Loyalty to his group of students)

Yona: Honesty (Always speaks her mind)

Silverstream: Laughter (Similar personality to Pinkie)

Sandbar: Magic (He's kinda of the one that keeps the group together, even when other ponies dismiss the non-pony students)

Smolder: Generosity (Rarity's connection with Spike and giving the "School Reopening" Message)

Ocellus: Kindness (hinted with Fluttershy telling the Changelings the school is reopening and comforting a scared Ocellus on Day 1)

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Tacodidra said:
Spoiler

I wonder who that filly is in episode 6... :ooh: She's cute, as is the pink mare! ^_^

Spoiler

I wonder, too. But since Oswalt, his wife, and daughter will be involved, I think she'll be someone he knows. Maybe Quibble's daughter?

2 minutes ago, Will Guide said:
Spoiler

Spoiler

To add to your point, Yona is also unafraid to be honest to herself, such as admitting to be initially unsure of the school's environment to Rockhoof and her intense arachnophobia to curious spiders.

• Brohoof 2

22 hours ago, Will Guide said:

About in Episode 3, I'm bringing something I already brought up since it's better here with the picture

Hide contents

the color of the Mane 6 touching the Young Six seem to hint at who will be the successor to which pony, if this is the direction the crew is going for

imageproxy.png.06f407e3899809c99d5a39aed09ae9cf.png

Gallus: Loyalty (He shows hidden Loyalty to his group of students)

Silverstream: Laughter (Similar personality to Pinkie)

Sandbar: Magic (He's kinda of the one that keeps the group together, even when other ponies dismiss the non-pony students)

Smolder: Generosity (Rarity's connection with Spike and giving the "School Reopening" Message)

Ocellus: Kindness (hinted with Fluttershy telling the Changelings the school is reopening and comforting a scared Ocellus on Day 1)

And if that's the Tree of Harmony in the appearance of Twilight Sparkle like back in What Lies Beneath, then that means that there is hope that it will survive the attempt on its life by Sombra.

On 3/14/2019 at 6:15 PM, Twilight Luna said:

In the last scene of Applejack and Applebloom running, what if they’re running towards their parents that just came back?

Wouldn't that somewhat destroy the impact of The Perfect Pear? The episode's unwillingness to specify the fate of its own focal couple (particularly considering the surprisingly mature treatment of the remainder of the episode's subject matter) irks me, but it's otherwise heavily implied that the two have since passed on, which is generally a more justified context for the episode's melancholic and wistful tone. 

On a more OP-relevant note, S9 appears to be stretching towards the 'season-long story arc' feature in a way exceeding that of any other season (even the S4 key arc barely qualifies). The show's ability to pull this off in the past has been underwhelming at best, but I'm nonetheless inquisitive as to the direction this will take, particularly considering that we're into the home stretch of the show's run now.

7 minutes ago, Them's Seeing Ponies said:

Wouldn't that somewhat destroy the impact of The Perfect Pear? The episode's unwillingness to specify the fate of its own focal couple (particularly considering the surprisingly mature treatment of the remainder of the episode's subject matter) irks me, but it's otherwise heavily implied that the two have since passed on, which is generally a more justified context for the episode's melancholic and wistful tone. 

On a more OP-relevant note, S9 appears to be stretching towards the 'season-long story arc' feature in a way exceeding that of any other season (even the S4 key arc barely qualifies). The show's ability to pull this off in the past has been underwhelming at best, but I'm nonetheless inquisitive as to the direction this will take, particularly considering that we're into the home stretch of the show's run now.

It would very much do so. Which is why I hope they don’t do it. That episode would take on a whole new meaning and wouldn’t be as impactful as it was.

46 minutes ago, Twilight Luna said:

It would very much do so. Which is why I hope they don’t do it. That episode would take on a whole new meaning and wouldn’t be as impactful as it was.

I think it might have more to do with Big Mac and Sugar Belle's relationship than their parents. @Jeric and I believe they propose marriage here.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...