Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Recipes

Michel The Shade

Okay, starting off I AM a CHEF. I went to Culinary School and EARNED the right to call myself that.

Secondly, I like food. I LOVE FOOD! And I love to SHARE food with others. So I got to thinking about MLP-related recipes.

I thought it would be nice to share them :)  Please share your own recipes. Heck, post recipes that AREN'T yours but that you like.

If anyone is Interested, (or wants to contribute), I am making a FREE MLP Cookbook on GoogleDocs, and I'm willing to share it.

Starting off, a recipe from a friend of mine (exactly as he wrote it, as per his request when I asked to use it)

Cucumber Sandwich recipe. NO REALLY

Submitted by Caerdwyn

https://caerdwyn.deviantart.com/art/Cucumber-Sandwich-recipe-NO-REALLY-454692106

So. There was this show with horses in it. And there was "Q" from Star Trek, and he was all "prison food for ponies, I'ma betrays you!" And there was a mention of cucumber sandwiches. And people said "Whaaaaa? Cucumber sandwiches, that's not a thing!"

CUCUMBER SANDWICHES BECAUSE THEY ARE A THING

Soft-crusted bread, sliced (a "more wholesome than thou" stunt-bread with about a billion different grains works really well for this, but feel free to mock it mercilessly if the word "goodness" is anywhere to be found on the package)

Cucumber, peeled and sliced about 1/8" thick

Fresh spinach leaves

Sliced ripe tomato (maybe 1/4" thick)

Thin-sliced red onion (as thin as you can cut it)

Fresh-style mozzarella cheese in 1/4" slices <--- choose the right cheese! It matters! None of that waxy slabby stuff you find with the Velveeta.

Barbecue sauce THAT'S RIGHT YOU HEARD ME KC Original Masterpiece yo

• The secret to making a good cucumber sandwich is to keep the bread from getting soggy. You do this by layering correctly, keeping the wettest ingredients from being in direct contact with soft breads. Note that watery-wet like tomatoes and cucumbers is different from fatty-wet as in most sauces, which have oils and proteins that make them behave differently in contact with bread. Water will dissolve bread. That's yuck.

• The secret to making ANY sandwich good is about texture and "tooth". You do this by slicing things to the correct thickness and going easy on the sauces. Mayo is evil, okay?

Layer it like this, Padawan, top to bottom.

• Bread.

• Mozzarella cheese slices.

• Onion.

• Tomato slices.

• Barbecue sauce SHUT UP IT'S GOOD YOU'RE THE ONE LOOKING FOR RECIPES PAL

• Cucumber slices (2 layers).

• Spinach leaves (lots and lots... no, more than that).

• Bread.

It's an amazingly tasty sandwich that's low-cal and freakishly good for you. Aaaand if you want to take it to the next level, a few slices of thick-cut baked-to-chewy bacon make it just stupid-crazy good.

But if I catch you cutting off the crusts like some frou-frou inbred European aristocrat I'ma empty a can of Cool Whip-@$$ on you.

• Brohoof 1