Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

staff :Thonk: Introducing the MLPF Staff World Cup*

Jeric

ARE YOU READY TO RUMBLE?

mlpf_staffcup.png

*not a real event

Story Time With Jeric

So for several years one of the most helpful individuals on MLPF helping users out hasn't been staff. It's been one of the most friendly, least aggressive, and probably one of the best visual in-joke comedians on this site. Obviously we wanted this guy on staff. I jumped back on board as an Admin almost a year ago and within a few days I was like, "We need this guy! This guy's fantastic." Everyone agreed. We contacted him and he seemed interested ... so I said to myself I need to get this guy interviewed ASAP. I'll get him set up on staff in a week. How well did that go? 

maxresdefault.jpg

This is not an exaggeration. 

Joking aside, I am pleased to announce @Rikifive will be stepping into the role of our dedicated staff for Canterlot, focusing on Site Questions and Feedback. I hope to work really closely in the coming months to improve communication and maybe even solve a few minor annoyances. Even though Riki is going to be our help Pone for the community, recently he has been helping out with some event related items. On a very personal note, this was my first MLPF staff role here. Since then only a few have filled that spot and all have been major players on MLPF over the years. Riki, doesn't have to fill shoes though, he is already a major player here. I genuinely can't think we have ever had a better person for the Canterlot section since I've been here, and that includes me. 

Riki, you already own this section. Spread them wings. 

• Brohoof 20

Congratulations, my friend! :mlp_yay:

To be honest, I'm actually wondering why this didn't happen even earlier! :kindness: You were literally made for this role, I can't imagine anyone else being a better fit for it! :D Good luck, I know you'll do an awesome job! B)

• Brohoof 5

Oh... so that's what the meaning behind this thread was. I thought it had to do with something else, namely, the MLPF World Cup. Whoops. Now don't I look silly. In any case, I can now formally welcome you, @Rikifive. Hopefully the wait wasn't too unbearable.

• Brohoof 3

3 hours ago, Jeric said:

so I said to myself I need to get this guy interviewed ASAP. I'll get him set up on staff in a week. How well did that go?

cD6kK50.jpg

qzWK4yi.png

hue hue :D jk

And now, "A Week with Rikifive"
wwVNt9j.png

Spoiler

DAY 1

cuqJ7tA.jpg

DAY 2

hzaRKW6.jpg

DAY 3

oZ4aVjT.jpg

DAY 4

0gjYpyw.jpg

DAY 5

BOAjpEY.jpg

DAY 6

g3Nd8mI.jpg

DAY 7

TEVWHtx.jpg

:love:

*roll credits*

*ahem*

Joking aside, sweet Celestia I don't know what to say. I didn't expect such nice words. :mlp_rarity: I hope my wings are ready, I wouldn't like to disappoint anyone. That's a really great announcement, no wonder why it took ages. It was absolutely worth waiting for. jk :catface: Thanks @Jeric.

3 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Congratulations, @Rikifive!

Thank you! :mlp_yeehaa:

3 hours ago, Cash In said:

I was seriously hoping that this would be a legitimate event. Oh well.

Anyways, congratulations @Rikifive. I'm sure you'll do a great job!

For me it will be legit I suppose. :mlp_icwudt: Hey maybe one day there will be voting period for that one. :D inb4 everyone will vote for Team Granny. :mlp_icwudt:

Thank you very much @Cash In. I hope so. :P 

3 hours ago, Tacodidra said:

Congratulations, my friend! :mlp_yay:

To be honest, I'm actually wondering why this didn't happen even earlier! :kindness: You were literally made for this role, I can't imagine anyone else being a better fit for it! :D Good luck, I know you'll do an awesome job! B)

Thank you Taco! XDlaR1K.png

I admit I was considering applying in the past, but I honestly thought I wouldn't bring anything valuable in that position. Sharing words of incredible wisdom no one asked for as a fellow member was good enough for me. :P That was until one of the staffers, @Sunset Rose poked me. She encouraged me to give it a try and see how it goes. So yeah, in the end I'm here thanks to her, as otherwise I'd still remain silent. :P

These are big words Taco. :derp: I love this kind of work and I hope I won't give anyone a reason to be disappointed. :mlp_rarity: Once again, thank you Taco. It surely will be a pleasure to work for members like you. :mlp_grin:

3 hours ago, Lord Valtasar said:

he is the most qualified after all, his resume was incredible, who else can boast writing a book about ranks?

Yeah! Thanks LV! :D

3 hours ago, ChB said:

Congratulations, Rikifive!! :D 

Thank you! :mlp_yeehaa:

3 hours ago, Yoouyu said:

Finally it happens. Pretty much had taken over the site questions section already well in advance

Hah yup! It always was my section! :fabulous:

3 hours ago, Bakugou Is My Man <3 said:

@Rikifive

Congratulations! I look forward to working along side you.

I'll do my best! :mlp_yeehaa: Thank you.

3 hours ago, Will Guide said:

Well done with your promotion, @Rikifive

Thank you, @Will Guide:mlp_grin:

2 hours ago, TwilySparky said:

Oh yay, @Rikifive is finally annouced!

"Finally" hah. :D;) 

Now we're both pink. :ticking:

2 hours ago, Usager said:

was wondering why wasn't staff already xd

congratulations!

Spoiler

GO GRANNY TEAM! >:C

Because I preferred to be a sword, then got bored and decided to become a staff. :love: jk, jk

Thank you very much @Usager:squee:

Yeah I don't have any chances. Team Granny has too many popular members. :mlp_icwudt:

2 hours ago, Hightlyze said:

Congratulations @Rikifive

Thank you. :mlp_grin:

2 hours ago, Stormfurry said:

Good...good...very good! :balloon:

< image of a cake >

Aww cake! Yas! thank you! :mlp_yeehaa:

@Mesme Rize stole all of my cookies, so I really appreciate that! :catface:

2 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

Oh... so that's what the meaning behind this thread was. I thought it had to do with something else, namely, the MLPF World Cup. Whoops. Now don't I look silly. In any case, I can now formally welcome you, @Rikifive. Hopefully the wait wasn't too unbearable.

tXiKhNd.png

:P 

Oh yes, the time has come. ^_^ Nah it's all fine ~ there was no hurry with that. :fluttershy: Thank you @Ganondorf8.

2 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Congratulations dude, and good luck.

You're gonna need it. 

Thank you.

1 hour ago, BornAgainBrony said:

OK, I totally did a doubletake and wondered if we were going to be voting on mods pitted against each other.

But you can still vote on me. :ticking:

...Unless you prefer Team Granny. It's your choice. :mlp_icwudt:

1 hour ago, Bas said:

If he was so long on the radar, why did it took a while?

oqX3YQv.png :mlp_icwudt:

1 hour ago, Bas said:

I also wonder if he will end up doing other stuff already considering his artworks/image editing and coding skills.

Congratulation on the level up. Can we get twithonk now?

All I can say is, that I'm always willing to help whenever I can, or at least try to. :P Perhaps one day I might be useful.

Thank you @Bas:mlp_grin: That's a good question. EqE4vfd.png

37 minutes ago, Twilight Luna said:

Congratulations @Rikifive !! The forum wouldn’t be the same without you. :-D

Ooh thank you @Twilight Luna. Perhaps yes, but it surely wouldn't be the same without members like you. :mlp_grin:

Sweet Celestia, what a wall of text.

vlCeF50.png

• Brohoof 11

2 hours ago, Bas said:

If he was so long on the radar, why did it took a while? (Not meant offensive or judging in any way, just curious)

2vq6c0.jpg

• Brohoof 3

24 minutes ago, Nye said:

Congratulations are in order @Rikifive! You truly were the best fit for the position. :D

Why, thank you @Nye:catface:

9 minutes ago, Fhaolan said:

About blasted time. :)

Congrats, @Rikifive!

Thank you very much @Fhaolan:squee:

2 hours ago, Bas said:

If he was so long on the radar, why did it took a while?

They also had some technical difficulties. dfEG13d.png

• Brohoof 2

It's a shame our times as staff didn't overlap, it would have been fun. I think most people understand you are perfect for this, Riki. :squee:

Good luck, I believe in you!

(By the way I did remember to wave to you when I flew over Poland!)

• Brohoof 2

:pinkie:   Congrats Rikifive!!! Always enjoyable as fellow member, I am sure you'll do brilliantly as a staff! (Plus I have seen you helping people out before, answering questions and such, and you always do a great job at it). Even if I hardly ever directly interacted with you, (and I have only seen you since I retured to the forums last year) you easily became one of my favourite, most interestingly exciting members.

11 hours ago, Rikifive said:

And now, "A Week with Rikifive"

wwVNt9j.png

Reveal hidden contents

DAY 1

cuqJ7tA.jpg

DAY 2

hzaRKW6.jpg

DAY 3

oZ4aVjT.jpg

DAY 4

0gjYpyw.jpg

DAY 5

BOAjpEY.jpg

DAY 6

g3Nd8mI.jpg

DAY 7

TEVWHtx.jpg

:love:

*roll credits*

I honestly cannot stop re-reading this. XD

Hope you still keep your priceless, unreplacable sense of humor even as a staff. :P

Congrats!

• Brohoof 2

9 hours ago, Sunset Rose said:

It's a shame our times as staff didn't overlap, it would have been fun. I think most people understand you are perfect for this, Riki. :squee:

Good luck, I believe in you!

(By the way I did remember to wave to you when I flew over Poland!)

Oh Rose, I've been thinking of this the whole time. It's a shame indeed. :twi: I was really looking forward to this, but... sadly things went the other way. Even the Library isn't the same anymore. :rarity: ~Though at least you're here at this moment. 09Loo2b.png
Yeah, they seem to ~ I hope they're right. SB2bpHO.png

I know you do Rose, I'll do my best to make you proud. :squee:

XDlaR1K.png Aww, that's so nice of you! I really appreciate that! :mlp_yay: )

Thank you Rose. :kindness:

8 hours ago, Lulaypp said:

:pinkie:   Congrats Rikifive!!! Always enjoyable as fellow member, I am sure you'll do brilliantly as a staff! (Plus I have seen you helping people out before, answering questions and such, and you always do a great job at it). Even if I hardly ever directly interacted with you, (and I have only seen you since I retured to the forums last year) you easily became one of my favourite, most interestingly exciting members.

I honestly cannot stop re-reading this. XD

Hope you still keep your priceless, unreplacable sense of humor even as a staff. :P

Congrats!

Why, thank you for your kind words! I'm really happy to hear that. :fluttershy:

Hah! :D :love:

Oh yes, I will do my best to not turn into a grumpy cat. ^_^ 

Thank you, thank you @LulayppXDlaR1K.png

8 hours ago, Bas said:

what. EqE4vfd.png

EqE4vfd.png I don't know :D 

• Brohoof 2