Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why say everypony

Rainbow Dash Swag

Spike is a different species. It isn't racist to say everypony. In their society, there are very few other species living directly with ponies. I like the term. It's a cute thing that the writers came up with. Since Twilight stated her school, they're making the switch to everycreature. It shows that pony society is capable of growing.

It could be worse. They could say pony in every other sentence. I'm looking at you, Smurfs! I still love you, but it's getting smurfing old!

@Rainbow Dash Swag

It's basically what TV tropes calls "Hold Your Hippogriffs

In a few words, it means Replacing certain words of a common saying with a setting-specific terminology. Since it's a world of ponies, the terms are changed accordingly.

Examples:

• Get your muzzle  nose out of those books."
  • "You little foal!  fool!"
  • "What the hay? " This one's a borderline example because it's also a commonly used substitute in Real Life.
  • "Every/Any/Some/Nopony " is quite possibly the most commonly used substitution in the show. Griffons and hippogriffs tend to use "anygriff" and "evergriff" instead.
  • Brohoof 1

Because its a way for us to realize we are in a different world with its own cultural norms and terminology. 

On 3/12/2019 at 1:47 PM, Rainbow Dash Swag said:

seems kind of racist to spike just sayin

How? Is gringo or gaijin or any other word that refers to a native group or foreign group nessicerially racist or negative towards those that it does or does not cover? 

4 minutes ago, Jedishy said:

Because its a way for us to realize we are in a different world with its own cultural norms and terminology. 

How? Is gringo or gaijin or any other word that refers to a native group or foreign group nessicerially racist or negative towards those that it does or does not cover? 

Naw I’m just sayin they say it all the time and don use any other term that’s all

Just now, Rainbow Dash Swag said:

Naw I’m just sayin they say it all the time and don use any other term that’s all

They literally showed that the founding of Equestria was by ponies with no other creatures that were sentient involved. Why would they have to change their language as others start to come into their nation? Further its already been stated they have started to use everycreature in the friendship school so they do use other terms when it makes sense to do so such as an environment that is made for a ton of different nations ( creatures ) 

14 minutes ago, Jedishy said:

They literally showed that the founding of Equestria was by ponies with no other creatures that were sentient involved. Why would they have to change their language as others start to come into their nation? Further its already been stated they have started to use everycreature in the friendship school so they do use other terms when it makes sense to do so such as an environment that is made for a ton of different nations ( creatures ) 

Ok duuuuuude I’m only on season 4 ok

1 minute ago, Rainbow Dash Swag said:

Ok duuuuuude I’m only on season 4 ok

That would be useful to mention in the threads start as it lets people know what info you have access to already and if they might risk spoilers for you. But the friendship school thing was already mentioned in the thread so it was already explained that they do grow when needed. But outside of an area for many ( creatures ) nations, there is no reason for a pony nation to change a natural part of their language. I mean if we suddenly had energy beings show up on earth would we be "racist" to continue to use everybody around people that do not have bodies? 

Well i have this idea on my mind that ponies maybe were a little racist on the past and with that the word "everypony" got popularized on their culture

i don't want to spoiler anything, but one of the base things to that theory is a pony that appears on the show later one that he is like *completely racist*, and by that i started to theorize, at the past were ponies were those defenseless creatures, and a way to make ponies away from those other creatures could be by descrimating them (survival thing and all)  and if u notice they know so little about other races.

(Basically racism there is caused because of the fear. Not like human racism)

Edited by Outnick

• 1 year later...