PCutter

Hating the show staff now that the show is about to end

Hating the new staff  

26 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you hate the recent staff as both professionals and real people?

    • Yes they are nothing but talentless amateurs who have deluded themselves into thinking that they could provide something worthwhile.
      1
    • No because they're only human. I find someone being able to write perfectly all the time very dubious.
      25


Recommended Posts

I personally have a beef with someone out of these forums regarding the end, and it got me thinking about this:

Many of the fans I see are blaming the newly established staff for the disrespect they're giving the show, if they are doing that. They keep demanding Hasbro that they be fired and have the original staff be permanently installed until the show ends, and that they should never be allowed to leave, thinking this will lead to "perfect" quality all the time. 

Because of this, they insist they know without a shadow of a doubt that they will end the show in the most cruel low note, because of leaving n-illions of loose ends and that the majority of reviewers know that this entire show was nothing but wasted potential and is deemed unworthy of nostalgic reminiscence. 

I'm feeling very depressed about all this especially when I encountered this response from someone: "MLP finally ending? Good ****ing riddance. I hope those Hasbro pigs file for bankruptcy billions of times over, especially with that cheap knockoff they call G5." 

Do you really hate the staff wholeheartedly as "professionals" and as real people?

 

Edited by PCutter
  • ... 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

No, I don't hate anyone.

  • Brohoof 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only people who hate the show staff for that reason are the same people who believe anything after Seasons 1 and 2 are "not canon" due to Lauren Faust leaving.

  • Brohoof 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They need to stay away from the internet for some years

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

I am completely fine with the staff, and I love much of what they have done and continue to do to the show. I am also really looking forward to season 9, the second MLP movie, and G5.

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

I know that there are some people who still keep up with the show that don't like the show staff, but the kind of vitriol you're quoting only comes from a small minority of Season 1 and 2 purists who never really moved on. This is the kind of crap that does not merit attention, let alone merit the presumption that this is a huge issue within the fandom. 

  • Brohoof 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Anyone who carries the attitude and feelings you illustrated in your initial post needs to locate their nearest grocery store and buy a life.

  • Brohoof 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Well, given that I have literally 0 reasons to hate them...

 

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The decision is out of their hands. It’s pointless to blame them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

5 hours ago, PCutter said:

 

Many of the fans I see are blaming the newly established staff for the disrespect they're giving the show, if they are doing that. They keep demanding Hasbro that they be fired and have the original staff be permanently installed until the show ends, and that they should never be allowed to leave, thinking this will lead to "perfect" quality all the time. 

I think you're taking a very small part of the fandom and blowing it way out of proportion. 

  • derpcup 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Well one thing is certain, had the original show stuff still been around by now, the last few seasons would've been a whole lot better. The fact that they left and got replaced by less talented staff killed the rest of the show's potential. Ever since, quality episodes have been few and far in between.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's awfully immature... :dry:

You're going to hate the staff of a show you like because it's on its last season? Seriously, this is absurdly juvenile...

 

Edited by ~Dusky~
  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be perfectly fair there were some bad episodes even back then. I don't really hate the people who make really bad episodes, they are just lousy writers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

The poll has two extreme choices when there should a wider spectrum of where your opinion lies.

10 minutes ago, ~Dusky~ said:

That's awfully immature... :dry:

You're going to hate the staff of a show you like because it's on its last season? Seriously, this is absurdly juvenile...

 

I may not always agree with your opinion, but yeah that kind of logic you bring up in the quote is very immature

 

4 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

I know that there are some people who still keep up with the show that don't like the show staff, but the kind of vitriol you're quoting only comes from a small minority of Season 1 and 2 purists who never really moved on. This is the kind of crap that does not merit attention, let alone merit the presumption that this is a huge issue within the fandom. 

I agree. The overall fan opinion of the show needs to take in account Season 3 and beyond, not just the earlier seasons.

As for me, it's very rude to hate on a show staff simply for working on the final season when we haven't even seen the final season in its entirety to determine whether the Series ends with a successful bang or fizzles out in failure. I say, wait until the final episode airs before making final judgement.

  • Brohoof 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

51 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

I think you're taking a very small part of the fandom and blowing it way out of proportion. 

This 100%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Anyone that hates the Hasbro staff for something so minor are just being pathetic and should be ashamed of themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hate the show staff because the series is ending?  That's like hating the creators of Adventure Time because that series ended last year.

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We should be grateful the show makers gave us 9 seasons of ups and downs experiences in friendship and social interaction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Why be mad at the studio? This isn't their decision. To be frank, Hasbro hasn't learned much of anything from this little miracle that fell into their laps. Seems they just want to go back to business as usual. Conservative (in the non-political sense) mindset is ultimately responsible. Classic corporate disaster story, a bunch of stuffed shirts with their heads so far up their own lunar darksides that they can't see squat. They had multiple chances to capitalize, and they wasted it. :(

If there was any one big killer though it was probably the movie. Big risky budget, should have been much more like what one would expect from a blockbuster, but for some reason a lot of the more intense and deeper themes that were perfectly normal in the show, were absent from the movie. Someone put that project on an unexpectedly tight leash and I can't understand why. Unlike the fiasco about Twilicorn, this was a mess that could have so easily been avoided.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

On 3/15/2019 at 7:59 AM, SaburoDaimando said:

Hate the show staff because the series is ending?  That's like hating the creators of Adventure Time because that series ended last year.

 

On 3/15/2019 at 5:44 AM, Dark defender said:

Anyone that hates the Hasbro staff for something so minor are just being pathetic and should be ashamed of themselves.

I think I need to clarify. I mean they hate the new staff not because they're ending the show, but because they're ending the show on a horrible note.

On 3/14/2019 at 9:14 AM, R.D.Dash said:

To be perfectly fair there were some bad episodes even back then. I don't really hate the people who make really bad episodes, they are just lousy writers.

I am sometimes confused with this kind of logic. I thought people and writers were supposed to be one and the same thing and that it makes sense to hate them both. 

So which is it, writers= people or writers=/= people?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

1 minute ago, PCutter said:

 

I think I need to clarify. I mean they hate the new staff not because they're ending the show, but because they're ending the show on a horrible note.

I am sometimes confused with this kind of logic. I thought people and writers were supposed to be one and the same thing and that it makes sense to hate them both. 

So which is it, writers= people or writers=/= people?

Depends what you mean by on a horrible note, this could be interpreted in many ways

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found another person I took issue with (but won't mention the name):

"that's yet another reason I dislike FiM nowadays, it whitewashes severe psychological problems like suicide by covering them up with a sugar coating. And it was written by the same writer who helped write the S1 premiere ripoff known as Horse Play (and frankly the Pillars have just been pointless to the show).

And at 15:31, did the animators even try to give Ocellus a nose? :disbelief:

Starlight and Trixie's friendship is pretty much the equivalent of Techno and Hitomi from this shitty anime/manga "Don't Leave Me Alone Daisy", replace Techno with Starlight and Trixie with Hitomi and it makes a whole lot of sense: www.theanimereview.com/reviews…

That's how it's going to be for the end of MLP, Twilight being the idiot she is now will rule Equestria, Starlight may become another alicorn, and at that point, quoting said review, we're so exhausted by the whole ordeal that we will just stare blankly at the screen, willing to let the madmares do their things in their crazy fantasy world because we can no longer concern ourselves with it. It deadens our feelings of outrage through overload. Nowadays, this show is offensive, stupid, and mind-numbing, and I've got more interesting shows like Care Bears: Unlock the Magic to be watched. There's no need for crap like this. Life is too short for bad cartoon TV shows

I have completely disagree with all this, as now I see this as just another ungrateful "fan." Would you consider this guy part of the minority or am I wrong? 

Edited by PCutter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

3 hours ago, PCutter said:

I found another person I took issue with (but won't mention the name):

"that's yet another reason I dislike FiM nowadays, it whitewashes severe psychological problems like suicide by covering them up with a sugar coating. And it was written by the same writer who helped write the S1 premiere ripoff known as Horse Play (and frankly the Pillars have just been pointless to the show).

The suicide incident I kind of agree with. But how much time could they have really spent on that? Trixie has a lot of issues. Probably more than any other character. I'm really I'm not surprised it sent her that far, after everything else she's gone through. Funnily enough, I was equally afraid for Starlight when the Changelings got ahold of the Mane 6; I feel like that could've easily gone far worse. Ironically, she still had Trixie.

How in the frack is Horse Play a ripoff of the S1 premiere?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

3 hours ago, PCutter said:

I have completely disagree with all this, as now I see this as just another ungrateful "fan."

So dumb question, but what excatly is wrong with the post you provided? It's just someone talking about his personal opinion about the show, is it really so bad that you had to shame him on a completely different forum? 

I'm not saying that he's right (although he has a point about the suicide episode), but can't you just ignore the post? 

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

9 hours ago, PCutter said:

So which is it, writers= people or writers=/= people?

Really! Is that a constructive criticism or you just want to point fingers at someone who happens to be me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Join the herd!

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.