Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

researching Is there a way to view all activity on my wall?

BornAgainBrony

I tried to find a way to do this under "activity," something that would show the full history of my statuses in addition to things that all other users have posted to my status wall, but I could find no easy way of doing this. I could set it to show all of MY posts, but not those of others (I would have to pick one user by name)

Hmm... As far as I can tell at the moment, it seems like there's no way to view the status feed, that would include all of statuses, that were posted on your wall either by you or someone else. ( The activity tab on the profile page more or less does that, but sadly it is limited and shows only recent activity ).

The activity streams indeed seemed like a place, where you could view these, but sadly, with the settings it offers you cannot configure it the way you want. -or at least it didn't want to cooperate with me. :twi:

The closest thing I can think of is to go to your profile and view your content.

DBT31EM.png

Then, switch between these two tabs

N0Ka4we.png

That way, you will be able to view ~
- all statuses posted by you
- all statuses you have ever replied to, which most likely will contain the ones posted by others on your wall, as usually members reply to these. Though this will also include statuses on others' walls. :twi:

Definitely not something you are looking for, but that's all I can think of at the moment I'm afraid. Though of course, there may be something I have overlooked there. :twi:

• Brohoof 1

@Bas I believe this is what he has tried already. :twi:

The problem with streams is, that you cannot view content posted on [ member ]'s profile (whether by himself or by someone else).

OP has stated what is wrong there:

17 hours ago, BornAgainBrony said:

I could set it to show all of MY posts, but not those of others (I would have to pick one user by name)

Ownership here would be [ everything ], as everyone can post on your profile and this is what he wants to view. Every single status update ever posted on his profile, this is what it is about.

Personally this is how I'd see it:

When you're viewing topics, you can narrow the stream by specific sections:

Spoiler

IMG_20190314_211842.thumb.jpg.4b36f7e0eff11210c58514de6caef1ff.jpg

There should be something similar for Status Updates. The option to narrow by specific member profile would be perfect, but there's completely nothing to adjust. :mlp_icwudt:

That, or there should be an option to view members' status walls directly from their profile page.

Either way, I'm afraid nothing can be done. That's probably something software developers should look into. :twi:

2 minutes ago, Bas said:

However, content (status updates) followed should provide a feedback of people posted on your profile and you posted on their profiles, that would be some limitation at least.

If you set it to display status updates posted by members you follow, for example like this:

lkRXscP.png

it will throw all of their status updates. In fact, it will include statuses they have posted on your profile, but that'll be just a tiny part of the results, thus it is not an effective way to achieve what OP wants. :twi:

Basically that would be the default EOKufGn.png, except it would filter the members you don't follow.

@Bas Plot twist - You cannot follow status updates. Therefore, it won't give any results at all. :pout: You can check it all yourself. ;) 

Please remember, that we're focusing only on status updates and these work differently than topics, for example. :twi:

3 hours ago, Rikifive said:

@Bas I believe this is what he has tried already. :twi:

The problem with streams is, that you cannot view content posted on [ member ]'s profile (whether by himself or by someone else).

OP has stated what is wrong there:

Ownership here would be [ everything ], as everyone can post on your profile and this is what he wants to view. Every single status update ever posted on his profile, this is what it is about.

Personally this is how I'd see it:

When you're viewing topics, you can narrow the stream by specific sections:

Hide contents

IMG_20190314_211842.thumb.jpg.4b36f7e0eff11210c58514de6caef1ff.jpg

There should be something similar for Status Updates. The option to narrow by specific member profile would be perfect, but there's completely nothing to adjust. :mlp_icwudt:

That, or there should be an option to view members' status walls directly from their profile page.

Either way, I'm afraid nothing can be done. That's probably something software developers should look into. :twi:

It's kind of amazing this wasn't the kntent of the feature. Othetwise it's odd that you can even post statuses to others instead of using the PM SYSTEM. The functionality suggests a facebook style wall. In fact I'm amazed there isn't a button specifically for this, or statuses being viewable directly on the main profile page. Even though there's a quick button to view general recent activity.

1 hour ago, BornAgainBrony said:

It's kind of amazing this wasn't the kntent of the feature. Othetwise it's odd that you can even post statuses to others instead of using the PM SYSTEM. The functionality suggests a facebook style wall. In fact I'm amazed there isn't a button specifically for this, or statuses being viewable directly on the main profile page. Even though there's a quick button to view general recent activity.

Yes, I get what you mean and I agree. There definitely should be a tab with all status updates posted on profile. Not so long ago I was looking for some statuses myself ~ even though these were posted on my wall, it required some magic to get to these, heh...

To be honest searching for content in general isn't always as effective as I'd like it to be. :sunny:

• Brohoof 1

Hm. Not sure if this is possible, but I'll take a look at what I can do. Marking it as under research for now. 

• Brohoof 3

• 2 months later...

Hello. I'm interested in a concrete way to do this as well, just going to throw my hat into the circle

I'd like either to be able to see everything about my profile for eternity (anything I posted including statuses, likes, someone liked something of mine, posted on someone's profile, or someone posted on my profile, basically anything I'm involved with and anything my followed are involved in). This has been the functionality before I took my forced break (late January to a couple of days ago), but now I find my profile activity cuts off at a certain point after a day or two. I have to manually choose which activity of mine to see, and it still won't show other users involved with me. The cutoff functionality is new as far as I'm concerned, as when I took my break my profile showed anything that involved me for eternity and I could scroll down as far as I wanted, but now it doesn't

I posted a status only a couple of days ago, and I can't see it today as of this posting unless I set my square thing to show statuses, when before I could not only see things as far back as weeks, but eternity.  Or at least months back without having to do anything at all except scroll down. It went a long time back, and loaded more the further I scrolled down. Did this get limited due to forum bandwidth? 

A stream cannot reproduce what I consider the 'before break functionality' either, that I know of. This seems to be a recent change (since my break) 🤔

To explain in a tl;dr: I'd like to see absolutely everything that I posted, my followed people posted (friends!), anything of mine that was liked by someone, anything I liked or react to in any way, and anything any of my follows reacted to or posted in. Statuses of mine too. This was the default profile functionality before I took a break

8 hours ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Hello. I'm interested in a concrete way to do this as well, just going to throw my hat into the circle

I'd like either to be able to see everything about my profile for eternity (anything I posted including statuses, likes, someone liked something of mine, posted on someone's profile, or someone posted on my profile, basically anything I'm involved with and anything my followed are involved in). This has been the functionality before I took my forced break (late January to a couple of days ago), but now I find my profile activity cuts off at a certain point after a day or two. I have to manually choose which activity of mine to see, and it still won't show other users involved with me. The cutoff functionality is new as far as I'm concerned, as when I took my break my profile showed anything that involved me for eternity and I could scroll down as far as I wanted, but now it doesn't

I posted a status only a couple of days ago, and I can't see it today as of this posting unless I set my square thing to show statuses, when before I could not only see things as far back as weeks, but eternity.  Or at least months back without having to do anything at all except scroll down. It went a long time back, and loaded more the further I scrolled down. Did this get limited due to forum bandwidth? 

A stream cannot reproduce what I consider the 'before break functionality' either, that I know of. This seems to be a recent change (since my break) 🤔

To explain in a tl;dr: I'd like to see absolutely everything that I posted, my followed people posted (friends!), anything of mine that was liked by someone, anything I liked or react to in any way, and anything any of my follows reacted to or posted in. Statuses of mine too. This was the default profile functionality before I took a break

Due to the sheer number of users and how far back some histories go, doing that would slow the site to a crawl. I’m looking at extending the time back closer to what it was and seeing how performance is, but since the upgrade to IPB 4 a few years back, it is decidedly a no go for seeing all the way in that way. 

• Brohoof 2

Oh no no I understand that it's heavy on the performance to go super super far.

I'm sorry, I'm just trying to bring up that content by the user seems to dissappear and requires using the content filter thingy after a few days and just that this didn't seem to be the case when I took my forced break. Like right now I can't see my status post from Thursday directly on my profile unless I use the content filter thingy 🤔

It wasn't posted that long ago, which I find a bit strange. They used to stay visible without needing to use the content filter for at least a couple of weeks, and could be found by a simple scroll down. From what I remember anyway. This issue seems to apply not only to statuses, but other things as the Op brought up

6 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Oh no no I understand that it's heavy on the performance to go super super far.

I'm sorry, I'm just trying to bring up that content by the user seems to dissappear and requires using the content filter thingy after a few days and just that this didn't seem to be the case when I took my forced break. Like right now I can't see my status post from Thursday directly on my profile unless I use the content filter thingy 🤔

It wasn't posted that long ago, which I find a bit strange. They used to stay visible without needing to use the content filter for at least a couple of weeks, and could be found by a simple scroll down. From what I remember anyway. This issue seems to apply not only to statuses, but other things as the Op brought up

There was an forum upgrade a few months back that changed this from how it used to be. From what I know it's a WIP and it has to do with how IPB changes things in the new update.

Again just popping in here to advise we are aware of the annoyance that this has caused, however we don’t have a clear solution that won’t impact performance. This isn’t our doing as much as it is an Invision PowerBoard deal. When we have a solution, or if they tweak the build in a future update, we will definitely let you all know. 

• Brohoof 1

• The topic was locked