Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pandering with MLP reboot?

ManaMinori

Whether many choose to acknowledge it or not, there has been a LOT of fan pandering toward the Brony community in Friendship is Magic- the easter eggs with Derpy, then making her a mail mare like the fandom had been doing for years, then making her be obsessed with muffins, which had also been started by the Brony community, pressing the  issue of Lyra and Bon Bon being gay, which had also been heavily created and shipped by the fandom since day 1, the Applejack parents episode which had been requested by the fandom for years, the entire meme-fest and use of fan favorite characters in episode 100....and much, much more. There's been a LOT of Brony influence on FiM, and....well......honestly.....I think that's where it should stay. Rumors have it that whatever reboot we get with a new cartoon after FiM ends will be aimed at a mature audience, and I really hope that this isn't code word for "Bronies". I think that with a new reboot, the slate should be wiped clean. Bronies have had their share of influence on FiM for many years, in fact. A brand new generation really shouldn't be devoted specifically to them, even though many might feel entitled to think that it should. This fandom has already been given a MASSIVE slice of the pie and went back for seconds and thirds.

But what do you guys think? Should any Brony references and pandering be left out of whatever reboot we get?

How many threads about pandering do you need exactly? You going to make one concerning the new movie, and concerning Equestria Girls too?

Just now, Jeric said:

How many threads about pandering do you need exactly? You going to make one concerning the new movie, and concerning Equestria Girls too?

Merge them all into one thread then? :)

12 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Merge them all into one thread then? :)

one is addressing FiM, and one is addressing a new generation, which doesn't belong in the FiM SHOW discussion

The next generation won't be aimed at bronies. We're not profitable enough for that. What Hasbro is (probably) meaning by "a mature audience" is a few years older than the target audience for FiM, so 12-14 years old. So I don't think that we have to worry about gen 5 pandering to bronies, other than maybe a few easter eggs.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...