Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you feel about the growing trend of mini episodes.

RaphLuna

To me a mini Episode feels more like a commercial. That is why I do not like them.

True when you buy a movie or go to the theater that provide you with a short Episode. A treat before you see the movie on screen, or just a nice bonus to the movie you bought at store.. ;)

However I'm starting to notice a growing trend.. TV series that are 22 minutes long, some companies decide to not bother with such a length in viewing and instead go cheap with the Mini or Micro series. :(

Personally to me I find this trend just cheap and lazy. I feel a growing trend in mini shorts, 

at least with 22 minutes you get a really great story, and it energizes you to keep tuning in.

However the mini shorts to me, I do not watch ,for the same reason I do not watch commercials.

seeing a growing trend of passing on 22 minute episodes favoring mini shorts. Is just Cheap lazy.

A 22 minute episode will motivate me more to tune in and even buy some merch from the series.
However mini shorts do not get my interest to watch them, click, and I avoid mercy because there is no motivation to buy the merchandise from it..

I can understand music videos doing this however The Entertainment industry getting on this mini trend, pass.

am I the only one who feels this way.

please share you feeling and thoughts on the growing trend.

• Brohoof 1

Well, with shows more comedy orientated, it gives each story a faster pace. "My Life as a Teenage Robot" (A new favorite of mine!) has two stories per 22 minute installment. I think it keeps the pacing rapid fire enough for the humor. I have no problem with it. If they just aired one ten minute episode per week though, that would be frustration for the fans.

Short de-tore here. In an episode when Jenny needed to look her best for her first party, she got a bunch of tough but nice mechanics to help. She was immersed in an acid bath. When she got out, she was just metal colored, no paint. She reacted with embarrassment, as if naked. She covered up with both hands until she was repainted. I thought that was very funny! Back on point. Each episode depends on sight gags like this. I think the shorter episodes help. As a full (22 minute) l episode of sight gags would grow old fast.

I agree. It is difficult to find the Equestria Girls shorts on Hasbro's YouTune channel. I don't know if there are episodes I missed. I don't want to do research just to watch a show.

I also like longer stories and development. 

• Brohoof 1

11 minutes ago, BronyNumber2 said:

I agree. It is difficult to find the Equestria Girls shorts on Hasbro's YouTune channel. I don't know if there are episodes I missed. I don't want to do research just to watch a show.

I also like longer stories and development. 

They're not that hard to find since the Discussion pages for the EQG Short have the video embedded in the OP.

Plus Hasbro made an easy playlist, containing the Ongoing Season 2 of EQG. Every Friday Morning at around 6 Pacific Time (my estimate)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNXV9Mb7egjH1c75ywYPFsZUm_TDYMQzD

Edited by Will Guide

• 2 weeks later...

As a rule I don’t care for micro-series. They do seem like a cheap and lazy way to go. Admittedly there are some I like, but I’d still prefer episodes of 22 minutes as compared to 4 or 5 minutes. It’s easier to keep up with them on Netflix, but on TV they’re hard to find hidden among the other shows on the schedule, and hard to keep up with a whole series because their odd time slots are often scattered anywhere the network can squeeze them in. So I’m okay with them streaming, but not randomly distributed on TV where they can get lost among the commercials.

Half, 11 minute episodes are fine as long as the show is suited for that format, for something like Spongebob, Invader Zim, Regular Show it’s fine, but for something like say, Transformers Cyberverse it really holds the series back, especially when Transformers shows are accustomed to 22 minutes.

And I absolutely hate the 2-3 minute short format shows like Equestria Girls or Ever After High have to suffer through, that shit really holds those series far back even worse from their full potential 

On 3/25/2019 at 10:29 AM, This Whomps said:

Half, 11 minute episodes are fine as long as the show is suited for that format, for something like Spongebob, Invader Zim, Regular Show it’s fine, but for something like say, Transformers Cyberverse it really holds the series back, especially when Transformers shows are accustomed to 22 minutes.

And I absolutely hate the 2-3 minute short format shows like Equestria Girls or Ever After High have to suffer through, that shit really holds those series far back even worse from their full potential 

Half of 22 minutes are Cool at least you get two shows back to back

However 4 minutes are Lazy and Cheap. They remind me of more a commercial. And I respond to them like this click good bye Advertisement.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...