Banner by ~ SFyr

Smile HD

Rainbow Dash Swag

3 hours ago, BornAgainBrony said:

There was one episode where I kinda became a bit afraid of what Pinkie might be capable of (and based on fan works, I definitely wasn't the only one who got a bit triggered by it). Definitely not that one though.

Yeah I knew nothing was gonna happen but I was tensing up anyways for some reason

Badges

I think what's really shameful is the guy who made Smile HD has been lying for years, claiming he works for the company that animates the show. I've spoken to him directly via DeviantArt, he basically used this lie to gain more popularity, despite never proving he has ever been employed by Top Draw Animation, and has refused to do so. That and no one from that studio has ever confirmed him as having worked there either.

I'm going to play the devil's advocate and say that I've always actually liked the animation. It's beautifully vibrant and fluent and gore just doesn't really bother me. 

2 hours ago, Zkrahs Yek said:

I think what's really shameful is the guy who made Smile HD has been lying for years, claiming he works for the company that animates the show. I've spoken to him directly via DeviantArt, he basically used this lie to gain more popularity, despite never proving he has ever been employed by Top Draw Animation, and has refused to do so. That and no one from that studio has ever confirmed him as having worked there either.

The guy was known for trolling his fans, I think he was about as serious about that as he was about telling people to speak to his attorney. :P 

8 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

I'm going to play the devil's advocate and say that I've always actually liked the animation. It's beautifully vibrant and fluent and gore just doesn't really bother me. 

Gotta agree. I enjoyed it.

But aside from that, even though I watched the episode years before finding the animation, I never get affected by the song.  Either watching or listening to it. Guess my mind seperates it. But me watching the animation after wards might have something to do with it?

• Brohoof 1

46 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

The guy was known for trolling his fans, I think he was about as serious about that as he was about telling people to speak to his attorney. :P 

I dont see how people can believe that when "ready to die" (my favorite) got a pretty clunky animation

• Brohoof 1

19 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

Sadly he pushed the matter pretty far to be considered "trolling" in my opinion. "Trolling" these days is often a defense fo getting caught being an idiot now.

• 4 months later...

I love the video Smile HD. It’s straight up hilarious. It irritates me when people get overly sensitive with the video saying that it’s cruel and that the people who enjoy it want the cheaters to die. It’s just a joke video. Don’t be so upset. Even if it isn’t a joke and the creator did hate My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, who cares? Some people need to learn how to take a joke and learn to laugh. This is why I actually enjoy watching cringe compilations of bronies/pegasisters. I’m able to laugh at the fans who act bizarre because I can acknowledge the fact that some fans are just odd. 

• Brohoof 1

• 7 months later...

Blame me or the fandom for this, but when Big Mac's love letter accidentally went to Sweetie Belle, I don't know why I was even remotely connecting to that conclusion, but I was irrationally and subconsciously frightened. I blame the fandom because I didn't searched for that s@#t. Being frightened and being shown a picture in the internet are not choices.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2019 at 8:20 PM, Rainbow Dash Swag said:

Ugh I saw all the animations and stuff on YouTube before actually watching mlp and I saw smile HD and when I finally got to the episode where she sings it I was just waiting for her to kill everyone anyone else felt the same way?

Yes, it happens to me too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I discovered Foozogz through Smile HD (the guy who composed the song for it) and that’s the only positive that came from Smile HD for me lol. 

Animation for it was pretty good though, I just don’t enjoy seeing the ponies get hurt lol. 

• Brohoof 1

Smile HD is one of those fan creations where they try to do the absolute opposite of what the show is about, to gain as much attention as possible, and they succeeded

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Splashee said:

Smile HD is one of those fan creations where they try to do the absolute opposite of what the show is about, to gain as much attention as possible, and they succeeded

Is even funnier to think mrdavey was part of the animation crew from early seasons.

• Brohoof 1