Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if season 9 gave us Sparity closure?

ManaMinori

Everyone has been begging for it, but what if DHX subverted expectations? What if, we got closure with Spike finally confessing to Rarity, and Rarity blushing and returning the feeings, and Spike trying to go in for kiss, but Rarity freaks out and makes an excuse to leave. Spike addresses his concerns, later, with Twiight, only to learn that Rarity has been out of town for a while, and who he confessed to wasn't the real Rarity, but Thorax in disguise (either attempting to prank someone, or asked by her to run Ponyville boutique while she was away) , and feelings were real on both sides when Spike confessed, but neither knows where to take it, or address the weirdness of trying to give a relationship with Rarity's borrowed guise on Thorax's part, so we just get SpiRax instead? Would DHX do something like this?

I don't even care anymore what they do with it.

My thought still stands though that this crush is a bad influence. Rarity should just tell Spike the truth that she doesn't share the same feelings he does for her, and therefore, lead to Spike moving on, cause Rarity's just milking it and giving him false hope, which is like lying. But it seems like the writers don't even know that, otherwise the crush woulda ended a long time ago.

But knowing DHX, they'll probably make the stupid decision of keeping the dead-end crush going cause they're clueless of the consequences 

• Brohoof 1

20 hours ago, FlareGun45 said:

I don't even care anymore what they do with it.

My thought still stands though that this crush is a bad influence. Rarity should just tell Spike the truth that she doesn't share the same feelings he does for her, and therefore, lead to Spike moving on, cause Rarity's just milking it and giving him false hope, which is like lying. But it seems like the writers don't even know that, otherwise the crush woulda ended a long time ago.

But knowing DHX, they'll probably make the stupid decision of keeping the dead-end crush going cause they're clueless of the consequences 

If you ask me, that's a mean thing to say about Rarity. Milking it? What nonsense.

8 minutes ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

Nah. I think that it would be nice if as Spike matured (He has wings now. He should start growing soon. Maybe?) he'll start to develop feelings for Ember. I like her. I think Rarity would cheer him on.

You're right that Rarity would cheer Spike on, if he goes for Ember.

I don't know if I like the idea. I know we don't really know their ages (do we? I don't keep up, TBH), but there is a strong theme of Spike being a child/teenager who is growing up, whereas Rarity is much more mature with her own career. Spike is a child. I know they've canonized him having a crush on Rarity, but I think it would be super awkward if they got together... Because Rarity comes off as an adult, while Spike comes off as a child. Do I need to say anymore?

Edited by Envy

32 minutes ago, Envy said:

I don't know if I like the idea. I know we don't really know their ages (do we? I don't keep up, TBH), but there is a strong theme of Spike being a child/teenager who is growing up, whereas Rarity is much more mature with her own career. Spike is a child. I know they've canonized him having a crush on Rarity, but I think it would be super awkward if they got together... Because Rarity comes off as an adult, while Spike comes off as a child. Do I need to say anymore?

That's why I always kinda feel iffy whenever someone suggests that Spike and Rarity get together, and why I would rather just see Spike finally confess to Rarity, be gently lent down, and move on.

Gonna be blunt and to the point: It won't happen. Hasbro has definitely downplayed his crush on her over the years because it's pretty clear that the joke has gotten old.

It used to get annoying, since Spike is used to be child for a really long time, but now he is a teenager so now I don't really care ether way.