Sithshy

What are your Lucky Charms or Rituals

Lucky Clover wants to know do you have lucky charms or good luck rituals that you might have? 

latest?cb=20140329090916

Badges

Non that work. :laugh: I use a random number generator, or use fortune cookies, to pick lottery numbers.

Badges

I have a small bag if items that are representations of the three aspects of the Force that I keep on my person every day. Things just seem not to go my way if I do not perform my morning meditations and if I leave the bag at home. Coincidence possibly. But it gives a bit of comfort to keep them with me so who gives a flying feather if they work or not. 

Badges

Whenever I go bowling, when I throw the ball I tend to fall on my knee and slide alongside it with my other leg crossed behind. I have no idea why. Ever since I rolled the ball for the first time this position seemed natural to me, but everyone else find it absolutely weird.

I also have a magical calming song that soothes my mind whenever I need it in every situation, for some reason it has not yet failed me even once.

And I always fall asleep listening to something, what costs me a ton on recharging the batteries in my headphones :x

No lucky charms tho. Except the cross I have worn continously for about... 15 years now? Haven't taken it off even once ever since then. It became a part of me.

Badges

I wish that I had some lucky charms on account that I'm often quite unlucky due to unfortunate mishaps. I do have one ritual though it's more towards avoiding a certain something in order to avoid being cursed with ill fortune. I try to avoid crows at all cost as they have become a bad omen for me whenever I see one.

Badges

I used to have a really cool necklace made of a cow bone.

Badges

I have a bronze medallion I've worn every day for about thirty five years or so? It's something I picked up at my first renfaire over in Michigan, with a wolf's head on one side and a celtic spiral on the other. They have these booths at a lot of renfaires across the country, where they have a big gravity hammer that comes smashing down on the die to press the 'coin' right there from the dies you've chosen. At the time, I didn't realize it was a franchise thingy, I thought it was unique. Ah well. But I still wear it.

I also have a silver Doctor Whooves dogtag @Jeric got me at one BABSCon. I wear that on special occasions when I need a bit of a morale boost.

Badges

My Lucky Charms are the frosted kind. Kind of like Frosted Flakes mixed with the marshmallows:

Lucky-Charms.png?w=1000&auto=format

Makes me wish that there was a version where it's the original shapes that are frosted.

But to answer your question about trinkets. My friend from and I got the matching necklaces from the Renaissance Faire of a sword with two snakes wrapped around it, which we kept on each other to remember our friendship throughout high-school (unfortunately we fell out afterwards) but I still have it for sentimental value of him.

Spoiler

I was also a nerd and named the snakes Roxas and Xion circling the sword, Sora. :adorkable:

• Brohoof 1
  • Smile 1

Badges

I guess there is this bracelet that my dad gave me. I kinda like to see it as a lucky/calming charm.

Earphones happen to be seen as lucky stuff by me :P Think it is more because I can emerse myself into a song and get less frustrated with the world.

But never really have a lucky charm but I guess those are the closest things.

Don't really have any. If anything, I don things for bad luck to prove I'm invincible and free to rule my destiny. Things like walking under ladders and stepping on cracks. 

Though I do throw salt over my shoulder for the heck of it. 

Badges

Good luck and sweat. I find the more time and sweat I put into something the better luck I seem to have.

Badges

I dont have any charms or rituals. But for some reason. I always choose heads when flipping a coin

Badges

@Jedishy I don’t have good luck charms because I can make my own luck!

(Although I do have Celestia and Luna plushies if those count)

IMG_0470.thumb.JPG.1fe074f1ef36e2b63deaa98d4252e18e.JPG

Edited by DivineLight1000

Badges

I just felt... complete, when I got this.

20180908_155011.thumb.jpg.e48cd57d811ca65a21a747fd3550be03.jpg

Badges

I like to believe that my lucky number is 22! Most good things happen at 22 for me. lol

Badges

Luck is a thing, that seems to barely exist for me anymore and no matter what I would try, it's not helping.

Badges

I don’t believe in any lucky charms or rituals; what happens just happens.

...Maybe my necklace that my boyfriend gave me, since it reminds me how lucky I am to have him :squee: 

• Brohoof 1
  • Smile 2

Badges

30 minutes ago, SparklingSwirls said:

...Maybe my necklace that my boyfriend gave me

Or your boyfriend. ;)

Edited by Bas
  • Brohoof 2
  • Smile 1

Badges

Lucks for me always tends to happen at the most random time without me trying or thinking about it. So I guess that's what I would consider as my "ritual". 

Badges

I keep a small jar of rice the size of the palm of my hand as a sort of talisman. It's pretty much the closest thing I have to a lucky charm. Most odd little possessions and rituals I have are more for empowerment than luck though. :-P