Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you prefer your work weeks?

Megas

How do you prefer your work weeks?  

17 users have voted

1. 1. How do you prefer your work weeks?

• 5 8hr days
    • 4 10hr days

The place I currently work at uses a 10hr day for four days, and coming off the standard working for 8hr/5 days, gotta say, as scary as a 10hr work day sounds, it's honestly not that bad and having a 3rd day of rest is really fucking nice. How about any of you? Do you prefer 5/8hr Days or 4/10hr days?

Edited by This Whomps

I currently work in a warehouse loading trailers for about 5 hours a day, 5 days a week. 

While that's not really full time, a while back ago I was offered full time at 10 hours a day, 4 days a week. However, as soon as I started my schedule, we were working 11 hours a day, 5 days a week. For a while there we were actually working 11-hours 6 days a week :yeahno:

After a few months it eventually became too much for me. I would have really enjoyed it if they actually gave us our extra day off like they promised. Oh well >_>

I'd like that four 10 hour day option. 

Sadly I get the worst of both worlds. Every week is potentially five 10 hour days. And worse, every other week can be up to six 10 hour days. 

I mean yeah, it's decent extra pay. But it's not fun getting up super early, working with a rotating cast of inexperienced schmucks hired off the street (if they even show up) and competing with other short staffed departments for resources.  

1 hour ago, This Whomps said:

The place I currently work at uses a 10hr day for four days, and coming off the standard working for 8hr/5 days, gotta say, as scary as a 10hr work day sounds, it's honestly not that bad and having a 3rd day of rest is really fucking nice. How about any of you? Do you prefer 5/8hr Days or 4/10hr days?

39 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

I'd like that four 10 hour day option. 

Sadly I get the worst of both worlds. Every week is potentially five 10 hour days. And worse, every other week can be up to six 10 hour days. 

I mean yeah, it's decent extra pay. But it's not fun getting up super early, working with a rotating cast of inexperienced schmucks hired off the street (if they even show up) and competing with other short staffed departments for resources.  

Yup. I used to have to work four 10-hour days a week at my Amazon job, and before that, I had to work overtime for 55-hour weeks and 60-hour weeks for six weeks in a row. :squee:

Now, I work part-time at Burger King with a varying number of 5-hour days, and honestly, the time at my work really does not go any faster in my head than when I was at Amazon. 10hr/4days is a much better deal to me. I'd rather have longer shifts for an extra day-off, since when I put my all into a full day devoted to work, the time in my mind just goes by like nothing. 

Edited by CloudMistDragon
Said "slower" instead of "faster"

I would have to go with the four 10 hour days. That's my current work schedule at my Amazon job and it's not too bad. It felt daunting at first with the amount of hours to work in the day. Especially, when it comes to working five to six days a week during overtime. As I'm about to reach my one year anniversary at Amazon, I've been getting used to the hours. Sometimes the day goes by pretty quickly and the extra day off is pretty nice, in my opinion. :) 

11 minutes ago, The Historian said:

I wish I could only have an eight hour work week. XD

That not I meant, I meant 40 hour work weeks 8 hours a day. Oops.

With all the upcoming expenses I'm gonna be responsible for, I'll probably be working full 8 to 10 hour shifts per weekday, and honestly I'd prefer it that way. Not just cause of higher income but also it'd be something to keep me busy. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt

My current schedule is kinda mixed. Some days I work less than 8 hours... like sometimes it's as low as 6 a day. And sometimes I work more than 8 hours, like up to 14 a day.

Up until recently, we didn't have a set weekend schedule either. I went about 27 days without a day off, then I had one, and then went another 18 without a day off.

I've also been called into work twice on my weekends, and had to work 5-7 hours with no compensation. It's not fun. :v

But on the other hand, sometimes we get random days off for no reason, either because weather is bad (I'm aviation, so weather affects us a lot), or some other reason.

So, uh... I guess what I'm trying to say is that I have to learn to be adaptable?

Edited by Meson Bolt

I’d go with 4 ten hour days. Getting up in the morning and getting ready for work is the hardest part so I might as well add the extra hours and make it count. Two days off a week isn’t enough to recharge, so I definitely would go the longer hours for an extra day off. And it would be nice to have at least two consecutive days off rather than scattered around the week. One day here or there doesn’t seem like a day off at all. Unfortunately that’s what I often end up getting. 

I don't work by the hour since I can charge by my art by the quality rather than the time it takes (which is impossible since I work too fast lol).

• 9 months later...

Well I’d prefer to have my weekends off and work 5 days out of the work week 8 hours a day buuuut you can’t always get what you want. My current work week right now is only 3 days a week (those 3 day of all days are the weekend :dry:) and only about 4 and a half to 5 hours a day on average. I’m not making no where near how much I need to be making. 

hours are quite randomly dispersed through the month, i may sometimes work 7 days a week, others 5 days/week and if it's a slow month i may even work 3-4 days/week, as for how many hours a day, that's purely circumstantial aswel. so i chose the third option - chaos