Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sci-Twi: Love Her Or Hate Her?

A1000

I'd give her seven stars. I like her unique backstory and more intense personality compared to pony Twilight. I don't think I like her as much as pony Twilight, but she's still decent, if maybe a tad underdeveloped.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Honestly would have preferred her story end in FG like originally intended. It really feels like they just brought her to the main group because they were afraid of a mane 6 without Twilight and made her a main character instead of letting Sunset carry the series

Edited by This Whomps
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Eh....my feelings about her are just eh. I like Twilight from the pony world better. She's somehow cuter. :P

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

18 hours ago, This Whomps said:

Honestly would have preferred her story end in FG like originally intended. It really feels like they just brought her to the main group because they were afraid of a mane 6 without Twilight and made her a main character instead of letting Sunset carry the series

Actually, I like the combo. Pony Twi was forced into a leadership role, while SciTwi really wasn't, and it shows; leaves room for Sunset to be a natural leader while SciTwi is her adorkable self :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/7/2019 at 10:28 AM, oregon said:

I was going to vote 7 but the link isn’t working for me.

For those who are having trouble accessing the main link:

https://tinyurl.com/yxl3o4gl

And you're welcome! ^_^

• 4 weeks later...

I have mixed feelings on this character.  While she is a much better character now, I REALLY hate her in Legend of Everfree, Rollercoaster of Friendship, and Forgotten Friendship.  It probably doesn't help that she is constantly shipped with Sunset despite the fact that she was a really bad character in the past, although the ship is at least better than SunPie.  So while she annoys me to no end in earlier movies, especially since I do not feel like she has earned herself the spot Sunset was in and now has to share with Sci-Twi because of course Sunset has to because human Twilight, I do think she has become and is a better character now.

• 2 months later...

0/10 she is a bad Twilight, although I don't like the original either, both are equally annoying, insecure, perfectionist, nerds, and her design is horrible. I think EQG was better without her.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I love her, of course! She's my favorite EqG character along with Sunset – that's an easy 10. She's every bit as adorkable as pony Twilight, sometimes even more so (especially in the shorts "Star Crossed" and "Twilight Under the Stars"). That's my favorite thing about her (though not the only thing I like). :adorkable:

As much as I like pony Twilight in FIM, Sci-Twi is my favorite human Twilight. :twi:

• Brohoof 6

I personally think that Sci-Twi is a great character. Maybe not 10 stars, but still pretty high up there.

To be honest, I kind of prefer her to Pony Twi in the EqG series.

Something about pony-twi coming to the human world and trying to act like a pony...still leaves a bad taste in my mouth :worry:

Now yeah, I get it, it makes sense that she'd do so...still doesn't excuse the cringe x3

Now, on that note...I will say that her self-isolation from everyone in FG (and to some extent LoE) isn't the greatest plot point for Hasbro to have set for her, especially her refusal to do magic related things during LoE. Yes, being some evil power-hungry monster thing would prob give me PTSD too if I was in her shoes, but for a while it seemed as if she refused to get over it / try to move forward in that movie.

Glad they made her better in the Specials / Shorts though~

I think she's great. She's the only Equestria Girl who's actually different than their pony counterpart. We have a shy, self conscious, socially awkward Twi who was never mentored by a demigod, became a national hero or even studied the power over a force of nature like magic. She's a look into how Twilight Sparkle as a human, raised in our mundane world, would act. And that makes her both relateble and compelling. 

Plus she was team captain for Las Pegasus Sin City United in the MLPF world cup, so that already breaks your ten point scale there. 

• Brohoof 3

• 1 month later...

8/10 stars. She's still like the original Twi (whom I hate) so she ain't perfect. But she close.

Plus when she felt like she couldn't control Midnight Sparkle I cried a lot and I wanted to hug the screen news flash, I did.

WHO COULD HATE THIS CUTE WITTLE FACE?!

Image result for mlp sci twi gif

Edited by SpittyPie2005
  • Brohoof 3

Like most of Equestria Girls, I wasn't very happy about Hasbro making copies of our favorite characters in the "human world". So at first I thought Sci-Twi was a bad add to the mix, and slightly confusing. Then I just accepted her after that.

I think Sunset's friendship with Twilight is really odd, when she is treating Twilights (plural) differently, or in some sense, the same. It's confusing.

• Brohoof 2

• 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I like the other EQG manes but imo this character just shouldn't exist. Don't hate me please :eager: 

I just liked pony Twilight Sparkle as a human way more. Could have made the whole EQG series way more interesting

I know I posted in here a couple of years ago but as more time has gone on, I've realized just how sadly underdeveloped she was, which is a real pity.

Not being like pony Twilight could have done a great service that really never got addressed. Like "Once Upon a Time" in its early seasons. Sci-Twi could've been a great opportunity to explore what our pony Twilight could have ended up like, if she'd had to grow up in our much darker and desperate reality, without being able to 'magic' her way out of the situation. Watching her struggle and ultimately persevere would have been really enjoyable, instead of just plucking her out of the "jerk school" at the first opportunity.

Also, I'm just gonna leave this here. :BrightMacContent:

ExHE5p1WgAYFbF2.thumb.jpg.625aa150ee4f57c571ff730ca2dc856a.jpg

• 4 months later...

Are you kidding? My username has her name! She is just SO adorkable, but I don't mind if others feel uncomfortable with her. Everyone has their own tastes. Probably what made me like her was the story behind Sci Twi was quite relatable for me. Since I'm a nerd in today's society and I am quite antisocial with only BFF at school. I get bullies and find it hard to fight off stress and anxieties

But really, she has her flaws. So I'm not saying she is the best but she might be a very likeable character to most people. I think she is brave, smart and pretty.

140b935ecb735dce06433d99cb7519c2.png

• Brohoof 2

On 2019-11-18 at 4:20 PM, Denim&Venöm said:

I think she's great. She's the only Equestria Girl who's actually different than their pony counterpart. We have a shy, self conscious, socially awkward Twi who was never mentored by a demigod, became a national hero or even studied the power over a force of nature like magic. She's a look into how Twilight Sparkle as a human, raised in our mundane world, would act. And that makes her both relateble and compelling. 

Plus she was team captain for Las Pegasus Sin City United in the MLPF world cup, so that already breaks your ten point scale there. 

Agreed entirely. Sci-Twi was a great character, and her and Sunset Shimmer are the main reasons I really wish there was an actual Equestria Girls show. There was a lot of potential with these characters and the world that sadly went to waste. I found Sci-Twi and Sunset more interesting than basically any character in FIM post Season 5 honestly.