Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

G5's Name and Theme

Cwanky

Presumably the main title of the show will still be "My Little Pony" but will G5 have a different title and theme? The theme and title for G4 has been Friendship is Magic, but the new title could be a variety of things including:

Legends of Equestria or Heroes of Harmony.

I'm wondering if the emphasis in G5 will still be as strongly about friendship as it is now, or will it focus more broadly on fantasy, adventure and world building, like Game of Thrones or Harry Potter. There's a balance and different routes to be considered.

• Brohoof 2

"My Little Pony: The Quest For Equestria"

At the end of the Great Magic War, Six friends set out on a journey to find a legendary mythic figure said to have the power to restore their world. They go in search of the centuries lost...Princess Twilight Sparkle!  

I'd watch that!

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 2

My Little Pony: The Final Six (working title)

Seven season episodic story focused on six different ponies, one season for each of them. (Like Chapter 1: Twilight Sparkle, Chapter 2 Fluttershy; etc etc) with the final season where all of them meet together, or they do something, or it's relevant that In some way that those six ponies would do something while standing on a sidelines. Or maybe they would do nothing at all, like complete gotcha moment we trolled you.

Edited by R.D.Dash
  • Brohoof 1

My Little Pony: Heroes of Magic

"Six Ponies from three different worlds are united when a mysterious enemy threatens their homes. Twilight Sparkle the scholar, Applejack the drifter, Rainbow Dash of the Sky Guard, Lady Rarity of the Unicorn nobility, Fluttershy the Forest Guardian, and Pinkie Pie the village joker, must now embark on a great journey throughout the realms to save their homes and defeat this terrible foe."

And that's all I got.

Edited by heavens-champion
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/19/2019 at 4:31 PM, Cwanky said:

Presumably the main title of the show will still be "My Little Pony" but will G5 have a different title and theme? The theme and title for G4 has been Friendship is Magic, but the new title could be a variety of things including:

Legends of Equestria or Heroes of Harmony.

I'm wondering if the emphasis in G5 will still be as strongly about friendship as it is now, or will it focus more broadly on fantasy, adventure and world building, like Game of Thrones or Harry Potter. There's a balance and different routes to be considered.

Question, though: What exactly do you mean by theme?

It's really up in the air at this point, though my hunch is that it will focus on friendship and general life lessons, but with the addition of more fantasy themes.

My Little Pony: Crisis on Infinite Equestrias!

My Little Pony: For Whom the Cutie Marks!

My Little Pony: The Shadow Pony Knows!

On 3/19/2019 at 11:09 PM, R.D.Dash said:

My Little Pony: The Final Six (working title)

Seven season episodic story focused on six different ponies, one season for each of them. (Like Chapter 1: Twilight Sparkle, Chapter 2 Fluttershy; etc etc) with the final season where all of them meet together, or they do something, or it's relevant that In some way that those six ponies would do something while standing on a sidelines. Or maybe they would do nothing at all, like complete gotcha moment we trolled you.

The Final Six is a bit of a scary title since it makes it sound like it’s going to be the last generation. 

My hope is that they take the best parts of FIM and focus on them. I’ve seen the concept arts which use the G4 Mane 6... really hope they come up with some new characters, because that would be confusing. So I think they’ll settle on a more consistent lote from the start. LF is often credited with the great lore of FIM, but that’s not quite right. She created the characters, the art style, and a little bit of backstory. No more than two pages, typed. But by season 9, there has been built up a lot of contradicting lore in the show, to say nothing of the lost potential in the comics which also contradict the show, and the lack of attention in the show to chronology.

In G5, this could all be fixed from the start, and better integrated with slice of life stuff. I think the popularity of FIM was very unexpected. Three seasons, or 65 episodes MAX was the original plan if it was successful, but when they realized how popular it was getting, they had to recalculate.

Now they know that a MLP show can do well, and I hope they will be confident about it. Too bad I’ll probably be too busy to ever pay as much attention to G5

Edited by Zestanor