Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What does your room say about you?

Meson Bolt

Ok, so, we all have our own rooms here, right? Hopefully? Unless you're sharing one, in which case, this applies only to your side of the room, or your portion of the room.

But like, if you looked at your room right now, and you didn't know the person who was living there... what could you infer about them based on how they keep their room, what sort of decorations they have, how their stuff is organized, et cetera?

• Brohoof 1

Well, seeing as how I got pictures of horses covering most of my wall space, a 3' x 5' NASCAR flag hanging up, my cowgirl boots lying where I left them in the middle of the floor after taking them off, pieces of hay scattered here and there thanks to my two pet rabbits, you'd say a definite country girl lives here. :-D 

• Brohoof 3

You'd think I was a lazy slob. I have shit everywhere and most of it's not organized in the slightest. I prefer my ordered chaos rather than being overly tidy.

I have a second space down in the basement where my computer stuff and game collection is. You'd think I was a hoarder... haha.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I had people over quite recently, which always makes me tidy stuff up. I don't really have a unitfying theme to my rooms except that, y'know, they mine... My room would probably say I like pop culture and not much else... I rely on personal charisma to get across what I'm all about... and if anything does come across, tell me immediately!

Every surface is covered by a single layer of stuff so it's an evenly layered mess but there is some organization, as similar or related items are close together. Not sure what all of the items would say about me. I have a full bookcase with mostly old and political books, but I haven't read most of them so they kind of feel like a lie even though I lightly know all of the subject matter :twismile: There's art supplies but no art hanging around, a big whiteboard that hasn't had anything erased in years, a surprising number of old bottles and jars, and small stacks of papers. Someone who doesn't let go maybe and sits on projects?

Hm... Most of the decorations I have up right now are bulldog and winter related. One would certainly think I'm a crazy dog lady. But I only have one dog myself. Lol. I need to find time to get my music decorations up (which are wall decorations). Right now there's just an alto clarinet made into a decoration and a little sign thing that says "Music is Love".

They would probably guess very easily that I'm a huge geek and a brony, since my walls are plastered with posters depicting everything from Bloodborne, to Pokemon, to MLP, I have three plushies of Celestia, Sunset and Trixie on my shelf, and I have an entire glass case filled to the brim with Gundam models. 

My room is somewhat organized with some clothes hanging about, nothing really interesting but just random stuff.  

That I have a tendency to be highly clean and organized (I even leave things on the floor in an organized way), that I love electronics, and that I have multiple hobbies (eg., video games, sports, movies). 

Edited by EpicEnergy

Altight, here go

My bedroom is a decent size. I have a queen sized bed, a walk in closet, two bed stands; one on the right side of the bed and one on the left, a large dresser with a flat screen television on it, two large shelves (one dedicated to anime merchandise and one dedicated to MLP:FiM merchandise), and two large bird cages (I have birds). One of my walls is dedicated to anime. It has tons of anime posters on it. I am nearly out of room for anymore posters ^^; My bed is zebra-themed, as I have zebra stripes pillows and black sheets. On my bed, I have 5 150x50 dakimakuras (one of the largest sizes available). My room is quite spacious and has nice, hardwood floors.

So what does my bedroom say about me? It says that I am obsessed with anime, MLP:FiM, and that I love birds and zebras.

Wall shelves, two dressers, a 3x3 cubicle shelf and a single bed going against the wall with a window on it with a huge-ass mattress that goes above it’s pre-built guardrails. 

There’s pictures of me and my diplomas from middle and high school, two plushies (one RD and one Pinkie Pie) a wooden plane and three vinyl figurines as well as a line of spent bullet casings in front of my plushies. 

I also have a shit ton of paperwork in my lower dresser and a line of law books and some foreign currency on my taller dresser. 

I honestly don’t know what kind of first impression this gives out other than “I don’t give a shit what my room looks like”, which is true for the most part. 

It's a bit of a mess, so yeah. It does detail me pretty well since my life and mental health feel like a mess right now.

Oh. I never put what my room says about me. Huh.

Well, it's obviously a soldier's room, as indicated by the fact that it's in a barracks building, as well as the uniforms I have hanging in the closet and on the end of my bed. I'm not into many things, since I don't have a lot of wall decorations. It's rather plain, sort of tidy (at the moment), but not overly neat.

You could infer that I ride a bike, since there's a bike helmet in here, and that's true. You could also infer that I wear glasses from the many pairs of glasses I have on my desk. That's also true.

My room says that I'm pretty bland, since I don't actually have that many interesting things in there other than some manga and my switch.

If you looked at my room you’d see mountains of Star Wars toys. My desk is also very cluttered and the whole place desperately needs to be dusted (dusting a massive Star Wars collection is no picnic!) If you wandered in, you’d probably assume the room belonged to an adolescent male with questionable housekeeping habits. But you’d be wrong. A closer look would reveal some Disney Princess statuettes, fairies, a pair of beautiful dolls and a few other telltale signs of femininity mixed into the rest of the chaos. I may have had a tomboyish upbringing but I’ll always be a princess at heart. 

Mine is dark and minimally furnished. I don't need to have a lot of stuff; it's just clutter to me. If someone saw my room they'd probably think it was a spare bedroom that nobody uses. My life takes place outside the apartment. The room is just for crashing later on.