Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anything on the show you think is a bad influence for the target audience?

FlareGun45

The target audience for MLP is kids, right? And kids are more open to learn, and would believe whatever their favorite show says or does. So is there anything on FIM that you think is a bad influence on the target audience?

28 Pranks Later. Seriously. Ponyville was lucky Rainbow Dash didn't go into self-defense mode.

3 hours ago, ~Dusky~ said:

As for the fandom, there's a LOT of them.

I can think of an example from the fandom: Grimdark fanfiction where the main characters become murderers.

I think Rarity can sometimes show bad morals, like looking pretty to get males to assist her and give her things for free. :pout: Try that in the real world and you’ll attract some freaks. :unsure:

3 hours ago, BornAgainBrony said:

Pinkie's diet? I keep waiting for the mandatory "cookie monster becomes veggie monster" plot.

Haha- Well considering her daily "full throttle" operating level, I'm pretty sure she needs it to function and probably burns off pretty much all of it.:laugh:

post-24370-0-73414900-1445106110.jpg

Some of the stuff in other media, especially the comics, can be seen as bad influences I think. Especially the arcs in the "bad period" where the Mane Six regularly either committed crimes or dealt with problems with violence, totally felt against the shows overall message.

As for the show itself, Pinkie's diet can get a little...much sometimes. While not of the same ilk, I was very confused when I was a kid when Shaggy could eat as much food as he wanted and stay skinny, while I didn't eat much and remained fat. I feel like kids today could have similar mindsets but I dunno.

How has no one brought up Rainbow Dash's regular antics yet? :laugh:

A lot of the snarking and cartoonish destruction of property from the main characters could count, but nothing on the show is arguably more of a "bad influence" than anything from today's kids cartoons. 

• Brohoof 1

Meh mlp just another cartoons that can either be bad influence or not. It’s the viewers choice to either take it literal or not. Plus kids will be kids.

Newbie Dash really comes off as if it was justifying hazing and bullying for some. I'm positive that that's not what the staff was going for but Christ they really dropped the ball on that

6 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

A lot of the snarking and cartoonish destruction of property from the main characters could count, but nothing on the show is arguably more of a "bad influence" than anything from today's kids cartoons. 

That actually reminds me of a parent's review of the show. They commented on while there was always a good ending there is much cattiness and bickering snark between the main characters that they say has rubbed off on their girl's mannerisms and was not something they expected in this kind of cartoon. It's possible the parent was referring it to being a little girl's cartoon and not a family or general audience one that has more of those elements like you said.