Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Customizable badge display?

BornAgainBrony

This is sort of a piggyback on the other thread about opting out of having a badge line in a signature. Is there a way to choose which badges we want to display? AFAIK it currently just shows the most recent ones, but I'm sure we all have special ones that we care about the most and would want to keep in the center of the "trophy case."

I wish we have a option to chose which badges to display. I have some few nice ones that I wish to display mainly my team badge. But they got moved down.

can we suggest such thing like making it an option?

Edited by TBD

18 hours ago, Jeric said:

Not per user no. There is a way for me to set it to show or omit specific categories which I use to manually validate data on some of our contests. The same option also exists in the hover option. So I can set it to show Event badges in one and World Cup Team badges in the signature. Or set they to show ALL badges. As of now it’s a good way for me to run through a thread and quickly check on a specific badge group if posting in a thread is supposed to be linked to one, which honestly is why it even exists. 

Makes my job easier. ;)

Heh, wow. I couldn't remember originally if that's how it was. At least I don't remember the badge display being there a year ago. Interesting to know that it was mainly created as an event coordination aid.

18 hours ago, TBD said:

I wish we have a option to chose which badges to display. I have some few nice ones that I wish to display mainly my team badge. But they got moved down.

can we suggest such thing like making it an option?

Aye. I mean, from at database perspective it's obviously possible. Mods could still override the settings to do what they want with it. Both for this and the "opt out" suggestion in the other thread. For how the forums were originally designed though, who knows how easy or hard it would be.

• The topic was locked

Unfortunately, such feature isn't planned at the moment and since Jeric gave the correct answer, I'll be locking this thread, marking as answered.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and sorry if it is disappointing. Have a nice day! :)