Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If the Purge became a reality, what would you do?

KillerKingBakudan
Message added by Jeric

Reminder that any post that specifies desire for violence is against the spirit of the rules on here. Be careful guys. 

Also,

“OF COURSE WE CENSOR! WHAT ELSE ARE WE GOING TO SEASON OUR SOUP WITH BUT THE SALT OF THE PEOPLE!”

:P

I am talking about none other than the titular event from The Purge series of movies where all crime, including murder, is made legal for 12 hours once a year. 

For the purposes of this thread, let's say that the whole world has been subjugated by one centralized authoritarian government, and the Purge has expanded so it's not just a burden to people in America, but all countries. If this happened where you live, and you had to witness people killing, raping, looting and causing mass destruction around every corner, what would you do?

• Brohoof 1

The Purge as far as the experience is concerned, is just a zombie apocalypse with a different skin (random silly tidbit of info, its also loosely inspired by an episode of Star Trek ToS). 

Anyway... probably just fortify and hold out the night. Spraypaint "Fort Equestria" on the building (yes I'm fully aware that would DRAW attention) and slap MLP stickers on my weapon, because why not?

Though these days..  I finally have a reason to want lots of moolah *glares at Hasbro* so... depending on my mood, I might be feeling crazy enough to go for the big heist. Uhh... wait, I need a posse. Anycreature else want in on this plan? Hypothetically-speaking, of course :P

Well first, you can go watch this. 

Second, if this went down on a world wide level, there would be no second purge. Only an apocalyptic level of civilization collapse not seen since the brutal end of the bronze age. What would happen on a global purge night?

• The destruction of key infrastructure on a planetary scale. Factories and power plants being sabotaged and destroyed, either to cause harm or for insurance fraud. Cell towers and land lines will also be targeted, so no phone calls or radio signals will be received. 
  • The global economy figuratively and literally going up in flames. No one will trade. Shipments won't be received. Businesses will crumble. Employment will not go up. People will die and no one will be left to fill the vacancies of the businesses still standing. 
  • Countries launching invasions of their neighbors when they'll be at their most chaotic and least defended. 
  • White collar crime running rampant for as long as the internet stays active. Counterfeiting and insurance fraud galore. 
  • Terrorist attacks and genocides uninterrupted by police and military. 
  • Planes, ships and cars stay put because no fuel is received. Maybe because refineries and pipelines are targeted, plundered and destroyed. 
  • There will be arson. There will be wild fires. There will be whole cities and regions being burnt down. 

And 12 hours later, this world government will get to pick up the pieces of their shattered utopia. If they can. Why would the citizens of the world surrender their newfound freedom? Why not fight the power and take it for themselves? Or wage war to make sure another never happens.  There's more purgers then there are government employees. And what's to stop the soldiers of the new government from siding with their countrymen in a coup or even civil war? 

A world wide purge means the end of civilization as I'd know it. I'd probably end it all, knowing that there's no jobs for me to return or apply to. TV and internet are down and never coming back. Food will be scarce. My talents will be useless.  The world has gone all Mad Max and I would have no intention of suffering through it to see humanity maybe pick up the pieces.  

In short, the purge is pretty counter intuitive when you think about it. 

• Brohoof 1

I'd climb a tree in the forest behind my house and probably try to sleep through it. Maybe pirate a bunch of movies and music. No way in hell am I brave enough to do anything but hide during something like that.

• Brohoof 1

What I don't get with scenarios like this is why everyone is always so focused on murdering and the like. I honestly think the purge would consist less of murderers and rapists and more of thirteen-year-olds getting shitfaced at the nearest bar. I'm not saying it'd be completely safe, just that it won't be as bad as people think. 

• Brohoof 1

Easy, gather people who is interested and bomb the damn government. 

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

Isn't government people exempted from the purge?

*shrug, I never watch it but from what I understand, the government  were the one who come up with it.  so since what we do is not consider illegal might as well.

Edited by TBD
  • Brohoof 1

First, if there was a purge. I would get rid most scum of the earth. Mostly criminals though.

• Brohoof 2

Just now, TwilySparky said:

First, if there was a purge. I would get rid most scum of the earth. Mostly criminals though.

"This city is under my protection now"

tenor.gif?itemid=4157976

• Brohoof 3

1 minute ago, TBD said:

"This city is under my protection now"

tenor.gif?itemid=4157976

Superhero response can only be met by superhero response. 

74E602C7-3DE2-416C-99A2-072E165E7329.jpeg

7 minutes ago, TwilySparky said:

A3155EE9-9B82-4CAF-A91E-1095FB514DDE.png

• Brohoof 3

1 minute ago, Jeric said:

Superhero response can only be met by superhero response. 

74E602C7-3DE2-416C-99A2-072E165E7329.jpeg

The funny thing is, at least these heroes doesn't have to put up with being call a menace for 12 hours. :darling:

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, TBD said:

The funny thing is, at least these heroes doesn't have to put up with being call a menace for 12 hours. :darling:

82D11692-4B33-49B6-95FA-5462AAAA2EAE.gif

Oh no! Poor Mr Wilson! 

• Brohoof 1

29 minutes ago, Jeric said:

82D11692-4B33-49B6-95FA-5462AAAA2EAE.gif

Oh no! Poor Mr Wilson! 

No not Dennis!

TP6o67k.gif?noredirect

We're going off topic now are we? :mlp_lie:

6 minutes ago, TBD said:

No not Dennis!

TP6o67k.gif?noredirect

We're going off topic now are we? :mlp_lie:

Organic off-topic stuff is generally okay as long as it finds it was back to the topic. I’d just take a trip to Mexico or Canada. Or Montana. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm going to @^%#^@ a gun shop!!! OwO or bonk a atm machine!!!! OwO or.....or........collect as much guns as I can find from all the ^@%!^%# I can find!!!! Dx

Edited by Princess Moony

I would dress up in gender-concealing clothing, put on a hockey mask or some off-putting makeup, and drive out to the middle of nowhere well ahead of the Purge. I’d then camp out for the 12 hour time, keeping clear lines of sight on all sides and plenty of weaponry. I’d keep no fire and no lights, just night-vision and loads of batteries, so I could see anyone coming and purge them if they get too close.

Otherwise I’d just have to play my dad’s polka records over a loudspeaker. That would keep most predatory scum away.  

• Brohoof 1