Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The problems with Spike being TWILIGHT'S assistant currently

FlareGun45

Yunno the main problem with Spike being Twilight's assistant still? It doesn't feel so special, for multiple reasons:

1. Twilight has her friends to help her too, Starlight including, and Cozy before she was arrested.

2. Alot of what Spike does is do notes, push a button, or find a book, all things Twilight can use with her magic.

3. Is it a paying job?

Regardless of how happy he is, and him being the #1 assistant, does he realize how unnecessary it is now? At first in the beginning of the series, yes, it was needed, back when Twilight was a student, maybe even when she was starting off being a princess, and when Starlight was her pupil, but nowadays, it just seems like he's there cause... I'm not sure why he sticks around. It makes him feel safe? Makes him feel needed? Does he feel like he has a choice? Makes ya wonder why he's always hanging with the Mane 6 when he's only close with two of them, and he's not even hanging with them full-time.

It's not him being an assistant that's the issue here - the issue is him being TWILIGHT'S assistant still. It seems like there are other characters that need his help more than Twilight does. Starlight for example. Ember at times. Thorax maybe. Starswirl perhaps? Maybe someone he doesn't even know needs his help. Just saying, maybe he shouldn't limit himself to being an assistant to one pony. No I'm not talking about Rarity! I know Twilight raised him and all, but it seems like he needs to be weaned, if y'catch my drift. He's starting to become more independent by hanging out with Big Mac and Discord - if only it happens more often. Smolder is starting to do a better job being there for Spike nowadays, however, she's a kid too, still needs to think about her own purpose in life. Who knows? Maybe those two can find their purposes together! :D 

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

After seeing what we're getting so far this season, Spike doesn't necessarily need to be Twilight's assistant all the time anymore. Interacting with other characters besides her (and Rarity) could do more good for him.

Edited by FirePuppy

honestly- the role of assistant had been taken away from him, not just by Starlight, but previously by Cozy Glow as well. There's literally nothing for him to do. I mean, even in "Spring Breakdown", Twilight was trying to adjust a picture on the wall with her magic, and Spike was just....there. he didn't even need to be holding it and taking directions of its placing by Twilight, because SHE ALREADY HAD IT IN HER MAGIC FIELD!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I think Spike is still Twilight's assistant because he isn't ready to leave the nest yet. Just because he has wings doesn't mean he is ready to fly away. However, I'm sure the time will come eventually for him to take flight and start a life of his own, hopefully before the end of the show.

(edited)

@FlareGun45

Let me state my honest opinion, no matter how tough it may sound.

I believe people got to think about what Spike HIMSELF wants, not what the Fans THEMSELVES think he needs. If Spike was a real person, it should be HIS choices and desires that determine whether he's in a good position or not. HIS goals and choices are HIS, not anybody else's. If he wants to keep assisting Twilight, he darn well has the right too.

As for his potential, he may have some, but like a real person, it should be HIS decision to go after it, and not because he was forced into seeking his untapped potential. By the end of the season, I personally would roll my eyes at the complainers still going on about Spike's "untapped potential". Instead I would be happy for Spike living a good happy life and experiencing the good and bad lessons of life, because of the choices and goals HE made, and not because someone else chose it for him.

Edited by Will Guide
  • Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Will Guide said:

@FlareGun45

Let me state my honest opinion, no matter how tough it may sound.

I believe people got to think about what Spike HIMSELF wants, not what the Fans THEMSELVES think he needs. If Spike was a real person, it should be HIS choices and desires that determine whether he's in a good position or not. HIS goals and choices are HIS, not anybody else's. If he wants to keep assisting Twilight, he darn well has the right too.

As for his potential, he may have some, but like a real person, it should be HIS decision to go after it, and not because he was forced into seeking his untapped potential. By the end of the season, I personally would roll my eyes at the complainers still going on about Spike's "untapped potential". Instead I would be happy for Spike living a good happy life and experiencing the good and bad lessons of life, because of the choices and goals HE made, and not because someone else chose it for him.

You're responding to an old post, brah. Outta date! :P I realized his destiny is not a new career path at all - cause everyone's right, he is happy where he is! No, his destiny is a prophecy! Something big's coming for him! I dunno what it is, and I ain't gonna speculate to avoid disappointment, but something's coming - that I know! Soon, his story arc will all make sense!

30 minutes ago, FlareGun45 said:

You're responding to an old post, brah. Outta date! :P I realized his destiny is not a new career path at all - cause everyone's right, he is happy where he is! No, his destiny is a prophecy! Something big's coming for him! I dunno what it is, and I ain't gonna speculate to avoid disappointment, but something's coming - that I know! Soon, his story arc will all make sense!

Out of date or not, I still had to get that off my chest, "brah". :P 

Seriously, though. Who uses "brah" anymore? LOL!

5 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

Out of date or not, I still had to get that off my chest, "brah". :P 

Seriously, though. Who uses "brah" anymore? LOL!

Took you this long to figure out that I say that word all the time? :P