Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

World Cup - Battle of Tambelon - The Final Charge

Grogar

The Final Battle  

155 users have voted

1. 1. Who shall win?

• Grogar's Army (Tirek, Cozy, ALL OF EQUESTRIA)
    • The Moon Seven (Luna, NMM, Celestia, AJ, Fluttershy, Pony of Shadows, & Somnambula)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 2019-03-30 at 12:00 AM

1 minute ago, Denim&Venom said:

then we're not so different, you and i. I'm not on anypony's side anymore either. 

I NEVER war on any side. Thats the point of Chaotic NEUTRAL. I do what suits me best, for my current goals. And right now, my goal is survival.. But as y7ou said......

2 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

This isn't good vs. evil. This is just a fight for survival, and survival is a pretty amoral concept. 

True. But you seems to think that Tambelon is your best  hope? the one who has PROMISED destruction and death? Supporting them seems counterproductive to survivall. Unless you have NO siense of self preservation.

Which leads back to you being petty, with a fragil wounded ego, just doing this to SPITE the team that beat yours. 

You place your EGO above self preservation.

• Brohoof 1

Now. Now.  Let's show all the ponies that we will show every pony our support by going against the team that hirt so many ponies we love.

With that said:

In Tambelon, tue Doctor was putting his own plans into action with Tempest and Derpy, getting every pony he could out of any cages he saw in Tambelon with his trusty sonic.  "It's almost time, every pony, but I have a feeling Grogar won't give up our land or us this easily.  We all need to be ready." 

DJ nodded silently.  She held tight to Octavia, glad to be able to hold her.  Rarity gave everypony a small rock flower.  It wasn't much, but given what she had to work with, it ment the world.  Lyra and Bon Bon went througj a breifcase they had tucked away.  Scitwi looked through her own backpack for anything she could use.  Rainbow Dash flew around, looking for any stragglers.  They needed all the help they could get if Grogar didn't hold up his side of the bargin.

• Brohoof 2
Just now, Michel The Shade said:

But you seems to think that Tambelon is your best  hope?

It's not. Just saying there is no hope for us, regardless of who wins. It's either oblivion or living with the guilt and the shame. Neither is very preferable, but those are the cards we've been dealt. 

But you have yet to convince us why Team Moon is the best hope. What do we get with their victory? 

And don't say back to normal. There is no going back to normal after all this. 

• Brohoof 1

18 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

t's not. Just saying there is no hope for us, regardless of who wins. It's either oblivion or living with the guilt and the shame. Neither is very preferable, but those are the cards we've been dealt. 

But you have yet to convince us why Team Moon is the best hope. What do we get with their victory? 

Guilt is the same as death?

Truly NO sense of self preservation. Also no urge for penance? To make up for the wrongs you have comitted?

And would you rather be with NO light? Of either the Sun or Moon? No Honesty or Kindness?

Team Moon beings HOPE of survival, Tambelon brings assurance of Death and Destruction?

Would you rather be without ANY hope? If you wish to die, than so be it. It won't affect me. But don't try to force the rest of us to join you in a hopeless abyss. If you are ready to just lie down and die, and let destruction come, don't try to force the rest of us to lie with you.

EDIT: As BornAgainBrony pointed out. The Pillar of Hope. Your side with Tambelon, you literally are siding AGAINST Hiope.

Edited by Michel The Shade
New info
  • Brohoof 1
29 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

It's not. Just saying there is no hope for us, regardless of who wins. It's either oblivion or living with the guilt and the shame. Neither is very preferable, but those are the cards we've been dealt. 

There never seems to be a going back to normal after a war.  The ponies will indeed remember this day.  They will understand what theu went through and have to live with that knowledge.

But that's just it.  They will live through it, and keep going.  Thats what life it.  There are times when you loose joy and laughter.  It seems like its gone from your life forever.  However, with the help of honest friends who share their kindness with you day and night through your dark and nightmare inducing points of your life, you start to gain hope.  

Much like real life.  Chaos can be good and bad.  It can help you or hurt you when you least expect it.  However, what it always does is changes things: for better or worse.  And what starts out as scary or confusing, or painful can eventually lead to moments of joy. 

As a great painter once said, "Gotta have opposites dark and light, light and dark...it's like in life.  Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come." 

Edited by Janicethelight
  • Brohoof 2

*sign. As being a member of Team Moon, I feel how Saitama feels.

saitama1.jpg?w=825

I was hoping for a good battles, that's way instead on voting just because it's my team but because if I feel which is stronger than other.

• Brohoof 3
22 minutes ago, TBD said:

saitama1.jpg?w=825

I was hoping for a good battles, that's way instead on voting just because it's my team but because if I feel which is stronger than other.

Here's an idea: Give Grogar's team a 15 vote handicap. :P  

• Brohoof 3
1 hour ago, TBD said:

saitama1.jpg?w=825

Sad but true. I'm enjoying the narrative overall though and give credit to the event team for putting something like this together. :ticking: 

Adds a nice RP twist that I like.  Even if the results are ultimately like voting for the high school student council, popularity wins. :twi:

There does appear to be a large drop in participation though. I wonder if that's because the voting isn't on the main page or if fewer ponies are voting because it isn't their team. :ooh:

If anything though, I do love the mini community that built up on Team Moon over the course of this event. :orly:

• Brohoof 1
9 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Ally huh? An ally that destroyed a team we built from the ground up. An ally that sent our friends to oblivion. An ally that ended swaths of lives and never looked back. Showed not one ounce of remorse. Do we really want creatures like that having the power to rewrite the universe? Do we really know our world cup winners? After all, this tournament has shown the true nature of many a pony.   

Most of us have accepted that the end justifies the means here. In defeating Tambelon, at least the physical damage will be undone. The psychological effects are another story, but this is something that all warriors have had to deal with since the dawn of time.

You almost seem to imply that it would have been better to just lay down and let Tambelon take over, than to seize the only chance we have to get out of this. We should probably be thankful that Grogar is at least sporting enough to give us a fighting chance. But now you want to abandon that chance. For what, because you're afraid of the trauma caused by victory? Unwilling to save the world because of any latent guilt that remains after the fact? Coward.

And the sudden about-face while you've simply been holding a grudge against Team Moon for defeating YOUR team. This continued angst is not the mindset of someone who is opposes the game. It's the mindset of someone who is irate that someone played the game better than them. I certainly never saw you outside the arena with picket signs protesting all of this. No no no, you were 100% into it, even more into it than many, and you were having SUCH a fun time doing it.

On 8/20/2018 at 7:48 PM, Denim&Venom said:

The Moon vs Las Pegasus Sin City United 

1960570294_DV.gif.2fb809ba58f666835aa718e926702ac6.gif

No, your attempt to cover up this ongoing Captain Ahab tirade isn't working very well. If you showed some logic, you would be protesting the games entirely, instead of focusing on the team that is playing it better than anycreature else. You're blaming Team Moon for banishing players, when the exact same scenario would have played out if Las Pegasus were fighting Tambelon now. To suggest otherwise is nothing short of delusional denial.

And, ended swaths of lives? What are you even talking about? Nocreature has died as a result of this. They're still alive, waiting for us to fix this.

Perhaps this battle has taken its toll on you and it isn't as fun as it was to you initially. Understandable. But fear of guilt is no good reason to not fight for your nation, or even fight against what is now our last line of defense. Indeed, if you came back from this mentally scarred, you might even find Luna to be of great help. She's quite skilled in such matters. Not that you'd accept the help. So I suggest then, that you just schedule an appointment with Dr. Wolf. Based on your behavior, it's clear that you already need a good psychiatrist.

I was very curious to see how you would react to this scenario, and you did precisely what I feared you would do. Go so far as to support Tambelon because you don't like the team and because your precious SCU was bested by them in a fair contest that you willfully participated in? Hypocrisy at its finest. It's rather ironic, given the moment you wandered in here continue the same old tired routine that you've been spewing ever since Las Pegasus fell. Celestia and Nightmare Moon just worked together to bring us one step closer to victory. The likes of Nightmare Moon and the Pony of Shadows have been able to put aside their differences and align themselves with servants of Harmony to achieve a greater good. The archvillains you fear so much have learned something from all of this, yet what are YOU doing? Continue along this destructive path that has pushed you to the point of risking all of Equestria to satisfy some illogical grudge, and perhaps the next time the Elements are wielded, it will be against YOU.

• Brohoof 1
2 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Buddy, pal, chum, amigo, muchacho. Team Moon will save them. C'mon man, think about those who were on your team. If Grogar wins, they could be enslaved or even destroyed forever. It's not exactly the best thing to happen to someone.

• Brohoof 3
1 hour ago, ChB said:

Here's an idea: Give Grogar's team a 15 vote handicap. :P  

(I'll hate myself for this joke but..) We can hand over that job to Russia to do that.

51 minutes ago, Rising Dusk said:

Sad but true. I'm enjoying the narrative overall though and give credit to the event team for putting something like this together. :ticking: 

Yes I enjoyed this event a lot. It's like playing a video game where you have to complete a level, fight against a boss battle, and cutscene for the lore. But in MLPF. I'm happy that the Staffs here who set all this up are willing to make it work and fun. Best forum experiences. 

54 minutes ago, Rising Dusk said:

If anything though, I do love the mini community that built up on Team Moon over the course of this event. :orly:

Same, team moon has one of the community with a great and strong supports and spirit! And I couldn't be more happy to be part it. 

58 minutes ago, Rising Dusk said:

There does appear to be a large drop in participation though. I wonder if that's because the voting isn't on the main page or if fewer ponies are voting because it isn't their team. :ooh:

yeah I noticed too, but oh well. :twismile:

• Brohoof 1
7 hours ago, TBD said:

saitama1.jpg?w=825

I'd been wondering for a while how this part would be handled. My 'game theory' classes were churning in my head, trying to think up some new and interesting mechanic to make it more engaging, but I got nothin' (aside from the little side plot diversion that is, "who is MX?") Player teams vs each other was one thing. But now we're one step removed from voting players vs computer, and also to vote Tambelon is to directly vote for Equestra's destruction. The voting game feels purely cosmetic and redundant at this stage. And the sense of urgency that was felt in the finals just isn't there now, because there was never a logical question to me of which way the votes would go at this point, no matter which team had won the cup.

• Brohoof 3

Ah, I love hearing you all chirp around on why we should support this team or the other.

While some of us have no issues at all in deciding and just want to see the world burn.

Also, riddle me this. I would understand Luna leading Dream Realm, but how is it that Team Moon is being so heavily implied that Luna's the leader, when it is obviously Nightmare Moon's and Nightmare Rarity's home soil? ;D

Afaik NMM has more rights to lead that team, so to me it's still evil vs evil. I win no matter the result! Ahahahahaha!

• Brohoof 4

I don’t know about some sports fans, but I’d take my biggest team rival over an organization that wishes to kill all my players and obliviate the sport’s league, in a heartbeat. :laugh:

• Brohoof 2
12 hours ago, BornAgainBrony said:

I'd been wondering for a while how this part would be handled. My 'game theory' classes were churning in my head, trying to think up some new and interesting mechanic to make it more engaging, but I got nothin' (aside from the little side plot diversion that is, "who is MX?") Player teams vs each other was one thing. But now we're one step removed from voting players vs computer, and also to vote Tambelon is to directly vote for Equestra's destruction. The voting game feels purely cosmetic and redundant at this stage. And the sense of urgency that was felt in the finals just isn't there now, because there was never a logical question to me of which way the votes would go at this point, no matter which team had won the cup.

Maybe something a long the lines of Twilight and Cadence's magic being scattered throughout the forums?  Like the events we've had where we hunt for Muffins, or candy, or pickaxes.  And if we don't find enough by a time limit then it sways the battle? :dash: 

Could encourage more participation if a badge was involved and it wasn't so much Team Moon vs Goat Butt, instead like trying to save our beloved home, the MLPF. :sealed:

• Brohoof 5
2 hours ago, Rising Dusk said:

Maybe something a long the lines of Twilight and Cadence's magic being scattered throughout the forums?  Like the events we've had where we hunt for Muffins, or candy, or pickaxes.  And if we don't find enough by a time limit then it sways the battle? :dash: 

Could encourage more participation if a badge was involved and it wasn't so much Team Moon vs Goat Butt, instead like trying to save our beloved home, the MLPF. :sealed:

Yeah, that's a good idea. Not competing with each other anymore there's no reason we couldn't do something like that. Really fits in with my headcanon for what the votes were in the first place, some kind of spiritual or dream power. A magical manifestation of the energy that is produced by fans at sporting events, fueling the teams as they play. It was the only thing that made sense to me, since what went on in the match threads, and all the marketing stuff, was pretty much an appeal for support. The outcome of sporting matches normally isn't determined by which fans scream louder. It can HELP, but is very rarely the deciding factor. In a shared pony dream, especially in light of what went on in the Tantabus episode, the idea kind of works.

Grogar sat and watched the two prior skirmishes with rapt attention. He did not intervene. He hadn't anticipated that two of the Alicorn Princesses would transfer their powers. He made a note of their resourcefulness, and also that it was based on prior experience and not a new gambit. That could be their weakness. This hamartia was the case with many seasoned leaders who didn't recognize that the world shifts in strage nuances. More accurately, what the lesser in command perceive to be brilliance is often a mere recycled idea. The longer you are in charge, the less nimble and original one tends to be. 

What surprised him even more was what Discord did. Among those he considered dangerous, he is definitely a concern. One to deal with at a later date. Chaos breeds originality ... or plain randomness. Still he knew Discord bypassed the glimmer he placed on the others. He also felt that Luna knew. A danger. The longer this went on, the more connected Luna and he were becoming mentally. He was genuinely impressed that the quiet one traversed his veil to reach Discord. Likely to recruit him. Another observation, these ponies will bend the rules to protect their land and each other. Still it was predicated on a past circumstance with Lord Tirek. A bombastic fool who loses all delicate designs as he amasses power. Still he and the waif will be useful. However, he desired to test them against what the opponent could muster. Let us see how they react to one final test. This was Sombra's idea. One that he thought would have a strong impact on morale. It will take much effort with his fading abilities and to keep the connection with Luna secret. 

You have done well against several of my charges. We have come to a final contest.

The terrain changed around them to a pure hellscape devoid of life and anything that would give a being visual joy. It would be slight different for each of them. He waved his hoof as his eyes glowed crimson and his bell shone luminous. More for effect. Such gesticulations were not required, but these creatures are a superstitious lot. 

Tirek, large and intimidating, arrived with Cozy Glow in a hovering platform. On either side were those that had failed before. He saw the others ready, minus Fluttershy. He smiled knowing that she was probably trying to figure out how to use the power Discord gave her. He had almost enough information to proceed. He needed to see if these seven (or six) could muster enough of a fight to defeat the five he assembled, and one other trick. 

Equestrians, if you can defeat my army and unseat me from my throne, I will concede this challenge. Sombra, Daybreaker, Nightmare Rarity, Tirek, Cozy Glow ... all you have cast aside for crossing you. But how well will you face those whom you loved in life. 

He waved his hoof again, and at that moment an army of ponies, griffons, yaks, and other assorted creatures appeared in a massive herd, eyes glowing, completely devoid of self. He smiled at the sight of shock on the orange ponies face. She recognized her quaint family. Luna however, bore anger and determination. Curious. Would it be possible to turn her again under the right conditions. Nightmare Moon would be a magnificent ally. 

Those you vanquished in conquest once before. I give you a army of failure. Surely you can reach me. I suggest you put all your effort into this melee, afterall, I know your family and friend will do the same. FOR TAMBELON my souls, give no quarter!

• Brohoof 5
  • The title was changed to World Cup - Battle of Tambelon - The Final Charge

Not being biased or anything, but I don't want Equestria to loose.

Proceeds to decapitate the corpses of my loved ones that fell in battle before me.

Edited by R.D.Dash
  • Brohoof 1

Luna did not hesitate, nor did her sister. It was fleeting, but she felt Grogars conciousness. His emotions. To him this was a game. Luna new games better than most, and he felt no chance of loss here. In a game where there was a win condition and a possibility of a loss, a small amount of doubt exists. The doubt may manifest into care, but it is always there. No. Grogar did not care whether they succeeded or failed.  Whatever this was, Luna had to end this now. She had been trying since this infernal dream began to end it, but something blocked her, She now felt that wall was weakening. 

Do not lay a hoof on anycreature we know to be our ally! Dodge, evade, but make progress. DO NOT HARM THEM, that goes for you Moon and Shadow! Push through and do what you can. 

And what is taking the yellow one so long?

• Brohoof 4
2 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Does Grogar's team include Sci-Twi? 

Good question... :mlp_huh:

What if voting against "ALL OF EQUESTRIA" would actually destroy Equestria, rather than save it? :o / :P 

• Brohoof 1