Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

World Cup - Battle of Tambelon - The Final Charge

Grogar

The Final Battle  

155 users have voted

1. 1. Who shall win?

• Grogar's Army (Tirek, Cozy, ALL OF EQUESTRIA)
    • The Moon Seven (Luna, NMM, Celestia, AJ, Fluttershy, Pony of Shadows, & Somnambula)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 2019-03-30 at 12:00 AM

4 minutes ago, Lord Valtasar said:

it already exists behind the scenes, the mods defend the forums against all kinds of crazy and sometimes bizzare things

I still think "Trixie's Great and Powerful Month" would be a wonderful idea! :proud:

• Brohoof 2
4 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I still think "Trixie's Great and Powerful Month" would be a wonderful idea! :proud:

month? that will take away from how special it is, it will become mundane, i think a day or two will make it more powerful(and great)

• Brohoof 3
4 minutes ago, Lord Valtasar said:

month? that will take away from how special it is, it will become mundane, i think a day or two will make it more powerful(and great)

The Great and Powerful Weekend sounds great, though.

• Brohoof 3
20 minutes ago, Lord Valtasar said:

it already exists behind the scenes, the mods defend the forums against all kinds of crazy and sometimes bizzare things

But sometimes, those crazy and bizarre things manage to slip through and cause chaos.

On 3/25/2019 at 10:13 PM, BornAgainBrony said:

Most of us have accepted that the end justifies the means here. In defeating Tambelon, at least the physical damage will be undone. The psychological effects are another story, but this is something that all warriors have had to deal with since the dawn of time.

That doesn't and has never made it right.     

You almost seem to imply that it would have been better to just lay down and let Tambelon take over, than to seize the only chance we have to get out of this. We should probably be thankful that Grogar is at least sporting enough to give us a fighting chance. But now you want to abandon that chance. For what, because you're afraid of the trauma caused by victory? Unwilling to save the world because of any latent guilt that remains after the fact? Coward.

Because we've become the thing we've sworn to fight. In fighting for sake of friendship, we've destroyed it. Friends don't accept ending one another as an option. We don't trade lives. And coward? Oh wow you're really changing our minds now.  

And the sudden about-face while you've simply been holding a grudge against Team Moon for defeating YOUR team. This continued angst is not the mindset of someone who is opposes the game. It's the mindset of someone who is irate that someone played the game better than them. I certainly never saw you outside the arena with picket signs protesting all of this. No no no, you were 100% into it, even more into it than many, and you were having SUCH a fun time doing it.

No, your attempt to cover up this ongoing Captain Ahab tirade isn't working very well. If you showed some logic, you would be protesting the games entirely, instead of focusing on the team that is playing it better than anycreature else. You're blaming Team Moon for banishing players, when the exact same scenario would have played out if Las Pegasus were fighting Tambelon now. To suggest otherwise is nothing short of delusional denial.

Suffering defeat after defeat, knowing that your hardest wasn't good enough when it counted. It changes a player. 

And, ended swaths of lives? What are you even talking about? Nocreature has died as a result of this. They're still alive, waiting for us to fix this

Oh they can be brought back. Allegedly. How do we truly know? How can Grogar be trusted? After all, we've practically done the job for him. And can we really trust Luna? She's been wrong before. 

Perhaps this battle has taken its toll on you and it isn't as fun as it was to you initially. Understandable. But fear of guilt is no good reason to not fight for your nation, or even fight against what is now our last line of defense. Indeed, if you came back from this mentally scarred, you might even find Luna to be of great help. She's quite skilled in such matters. Not that you'd accept the help. So I suggest then, that you just schedule an appointment with Dr. Wolf. Based on your behavior, it's clear that you already need a good psychiatrist.

No need to fear. Cause we're all already guilty. And the nation we've been fighting for has been a facade this entire time. The dark side of Equine kind has been unveiled for all to see. Cause when push comes to shove, even ponies will trade lives for victories. Sure, let the great destroyer herself ease our anguish. And who in Tarturus is Dr.Wolf? 

I was very curious to see how you would react to this scenario, and you did precisely what I feared you would do. Go so far as to support Tambelon because you don't like the team and because your precious SCU was bested by them in a fair contest that you willfully participated in? Hypocrisy at its finest. It's rather ironic, given the moment you wandered in here continue the same old tired routine that you've been spewing ever since Las Pegasus fell. Celestia and Nightmare Moon just worked together to bring us one step closer to victory. The likes of Nightmare Moon and the Pony of Shadows have been able to put aside their differences and align themselves with servants of Harmony to achieve a greater good. The archvillains you fear so much have learned something from all of this, yet what are YOU doing? Continue along this destructive path that has pushed you to the point of risking all of Equestria to satisfy some illogical grudge, and perhaps the next time the Elements are wielded, it will be against YOU.

Again, we never said we supported Tambleon. Neither team is worthy. And it's more than the loss of SCU. It all started with the sacrifice of Pinkie Pie. We never agreed with it. We were further appalled with her replacement with the Pony Of Shadows of all creatures. Then the valiant SCU fell. The avalanche continues to roll. Many an anticipated mach never to be fought. Many a worthy team we supported, only for them to meet oblivion at the moons hooves. And our last hope with Team Ponyville. You had to dash those too. Your actions may have lead you to victory, but we don't have to condone them. 

So what everypony is now working together. That could be said for all the other teams. Look how well that worked for them. Funny how enemies were brought together as friendships were destroyed. All for naught we're afraid. And go ahead. Use the elements. Put us out of our misery in the name of friendship.   

On 3/25/2019 at 7:55 PM, Michel The Shade said:

Guilt is the same as death?

Truly NO sense of self preservation. Also no urge for penance? To make up for the wrongs you have comitted?

And would you rather be with NO light? Of either the Sun or Moon? No Honesty or Kindness?

Team Moon beings HOPE of survival, Tambelon brings assurance of Death and Destruction?

Would you rather be without ANY hope? If you wish to die, than so be it. It won't affect me. But don't try to force the rest of us to join you in a hopeless abyss. If you are ready to just lie down and die, and let destruction come, don't try to force the rest of us to lie with you.

EDIT: As BornAgainBrony pointed out. The Pillar of Hope. Your side with Tambelon, you literally are siding AGAINST Hiope.

No. It's worse. 

There is nothing that can be done to atone. 

Why not? They do nothing for us anymore. Honesty is a falsehood. Kindness has never been shown here.

What's the point of survival, after the horror we've been through? And that assurance existed every other week in Equestria, and only now it becomes a problem? 

Without any hope? There is no hope. Also implying the abyss isn't our fate already. This is Grogar's game, and we've played it to a T. How do we really know that winning isn't part of the plan too? That this victory is our final defeat? We won't hold you back, but we in good conscious, cannot help either. 

Oh and that pillar is a false hope. Just like every other element has been proven false throughout this entire game. 

On 3/25/2019 at 8:11 PM, Janicethelight said:

There never seems to be a going back to normal after a war.  The ponies will indeed remember this day.  They will understand what theu went through and have to live with that knowledge.

But that's just it.  They will live through it, and keep going.  Thats what life it.  There are times when you loose joy and laughter.  It seems like its gone from your life forever.  However, with the help of honest friends who share their kindness with you day and night through your dark and nightmare inducing points of your life, you start to gain hope.  

Much like real life.  Chaos can be good and bad.  It can help you or hurt you when you least expect it.  However, what it always does is changes things: for better or worse.  And what starts out as scary or confusing, or painful can eventually lead to moments of joy. 

As a great painter once said, "Gotta have opposites dark and light, light and dark...it's like in life.  Gotta have a little sadness once in a while so you know when the good times come." 

No they won't. At best this will be just a nightmare for them. At worst, they will have to live with that horror. That the Equestria they knew was a lie. They will have seen the darkside of ponykind. That doesn't sound like much of a world to return to. 

How can those friends look us in the eyes after what we've done. It was unforgivable. You don't send your friends off to die in the name of a game. They will live and keep going? For what? What is the point after all this? Everything is so trivial now. There are no kind and honest friends left to help. 

That's a very bold claim. 

And when will the good times come? And will they be good enough? 

On 3/25/2019 at 10:22 PM, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Buddy, pal, chum, amigo, muchacho. Team Moon will save them. C'mon man, think about those who were on your team. If Grogar wins, they could be enslaved or even destroyed forever. It's not exactly the best thing to happen to someone.

And living a life, realizing all the harm you've done, is better? That all this talk of magic and friendship failed when it counted most over the dumbest sport ponykind has ever created? Tambleon are monsters, but at least they aren't ignorant of that fact, unlike all of us. 

@Princess Luna Your team has failed to give us compelling arguments to abandon our convictions and sell our souls to you on the distant hope that things might be better. 

@Grogar We've entertained one dark side, now it's time to hear the other. You have a rebuttal as to why we should care for your side more than that of the moon? 

• Brohoof 2

@Pincess Luna while I understand and appreciate being fashionably late, I am concerned about Fluttershy. Can you feel her presence?

Somnambula coolly and effortlessly dodged a overeager Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara as they tried to flank her from both sides, their position betrayed by their glowing green eyes. She stopped momentarily bemused at seeing her two famous arch antagonists battling. Pony of Shadows was certainly holding his own against the Sphinx. She smirked at the irony of this strange battle. Sommy suspected that Luna, who was laser focused with casting protection spells and teleportation spells at every eyeblink, did not here her.  

• Brohoof 2

Don't you just love mortals in their natural state?

Some divine messenger go tell Harmony to change her schedule. We still have a few tourist groups waiting on their turn. Too bad you can only get one coin per person. Calm down, calm down, there are other payment options available. Pomegranate muffins anypony?

• Brohoof 1

Luna felt her anger boil. These were her friends, her allies, and her subjects. She had failed them before .... NOT NOW. The midnight princess lost count of how many ponies and creatures she shielded in a bubble to protect them and others from harm before teleporting them to another area. She used her ability to control the dream realms terrain to her advantage. Whatever was blocking her magic previously through these many moons seemed to lose its grip. She heard Somnambula call out to her, not with her ears, but through her mind. She was linked with the others, the side-effect of trying to pierce Grogar's mind. Thus far the only attempts to do so yielded images of a battle, the moon, the Tree of Harmony withered, students of Twilight's School bathed in light, and something else .... obscured .... but the edges shone through like the sun during an eclipse .... a bell? 

All of those flashed through her mind as she reached out to feel for Fluttershy. Luna halted mid air, almost colliding with a speeding Rainbow Dash. A combination of shock, confusion, and fear took brief hold .... and then a smile crossed her face. This .... THIS ... was going to be good. She saw Tirek, several stories high, dodging Celly while Applejack was trying her best to clear the way for her sister's powerful offensive spells. There wasn't enough time .... Luna called out one command .... 

"Everypony, clear the way .... NOW!"

Her last word echoed in her loudest belting of the Canterlot voice. So loud that even the army of her friends stopped. The sky started to glow red and yellow. 

Grogar ... was about to lose and lose hard.

• Brohoof 3

We'll be right back to shoop da whoop after this basic commentary.

Lesson No. I: You see how this attack was projected for a thousand years? Everyone did. Even our extremely old grannies saw it as clear as night even though they only have one good eye between the three of them. Even they could counter, and counter hard. Now, I know you are a big boy and can take this attack, but counters are the easiest way to destroy inexperienced mages. No time, no effort, no problem.

Lesson No. II: Never leave your base of operations unprotected. See that crazily powerful warden over there sporting more than a hundred appendages? Of course not. Even a mere glimpse could afflict you with madness. Just imagine it, okay. You leave that thing home when you do a skirmish.

Lesson No. III: when dealing with divine forces, objectives are waaaaaaaaaaay more important than puppets. Now, if you'd trap all inside a dream and order your weaksauce minions to raze Cloudsdale then I could actually grant you a few claps. I'd tell you to invade the Gateway of Harmony but you don't have minions of proper caliber to achieve victory.

That should cover the bare minimum.

• Brohoof 2
1 hour ago, Princess Luna said:

Her last word echoed in her loudest belting of the Canterlot voice. So loud that even the army of her friends stopped. The sky started to glow red and yellow. 

Grogar ... was about to lose and lose hard.

"Praise" 

tenor.gif

• Brohoof 1
2 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

No. It's worse. 

There is nothing that can be done to atone. 

Why not? They do nothing for us anymore. Honesty is a falsehood. Kindness has never been shown here.

What's the point of survival, after the horror we've been through? And that assurance existed every other week in Equestria, and only now it becomes a problem? 

Without any hope? There is no hope. Also implying the abyss isn't our fate already. This is Grogar's game, and we've played it to a T. How do we really know that winning isn't part of the plan too? That this victory is our final defeat? We won't hold you back, but we in good conscious, cannot help either. 

Oh and that pillar is a false hope. Just like every other element has been proven false throughout this entire game. 

You are a blithering idiot. Not to mention a coward.

"I can't deal with this. I'm sad. I'll be a traitor now."

That is ALL I heard from you. You CAN"T HANDLE REALITY! You are butthurt over your team losing, you are a fatalistic, hopeless shell of a pony. You are already giving up. You don't even want to TRY and fight back. now ANSWER THE QUESTION I HAVE ASKED SEVERAL TIMES!

WHO. IS. THE. REAL. MONSTER!?

Those who fight back, TRYING to do the right thing. Or those who have given up and side with the PROMISE of Death and Destruction.

2 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

No they won't. At best this will be just a nightmare for them. At worst, they will have to live with that horror. That the Equestria they knew was a lie. They will have seen the darkside of ponykind. That doesn't sound like much of a world to return to. 

How can those friends look us in the eyes after what we've done. It was unforgivable. You don't send your friends off to die in the name of a game. They will live and keep going? For what? What is the point after all this? Everything is so trivial now. There are no kind and honest friends left to help. 

That's a very bold claim. 

And when will the good times come? And will they be good enough?

I can understand how you feel.  I can't deny the truth that there are still questions in my mind.  But, Equestria has been through a lot, and every single pony had to fight, or risk their own team being taken as well as their 'opponents'.  This was a war that no one could completely win.  A war that every pony lost something in.  Even team Moon.  Apple Jack lost her family, Fluttershy lost friends and animals, Somambula lost the other pillars, Luna and Celestia watched Twilight and Cadence leave...and it hurts.  I myself am a proud member of team Crystal Empire, which fell to Tambelon some time ago.  I still believe my team does what it can behind the scenes in order to help every pony...until this point in time when they can't.  And, no, it doesn't.  You are absolutely right.  War is hard to return home from.  The Doctor can tell you that first hoof.  However, when you do return home, you have a chance to change things.  You have a chance to make the world better.  Isn't that better than having no world to return to at all...and what would Grogar do to the ponies he has if Team Moon did loose?

And, I can understand your feelings.  It hurts to feel like we may have hurt the very ponies who gave us so much, but, knowing them, the ponies will understand.  They did, at some point, have no choice but to fight eachother for the title.  Otherwise, they would give up their world and possibly themselves.  It could be worse than Thanos in the Marvel Universe.  Yes, this is the hardest and worst war the ponies have ever seen, and now, Grogar literally turned the taken against our team, and notice, Luna's first  tactic was to go around the Equestrians, and not hurt them.  They wish no harm on their fellow ponies or creatures...what brought them to the point would have been for any and every team that first started playing.  Weather it ended up being Team Moon, Ponyville, Crystal Empire, or any others, this would still have ended up the same, with that team facing a terrible dilemma.    However, like the pillar of Hope, I must believe there is still a way to save the day, though I still don't trust Grogar.

How do you think it's bold?  Please explain your reasoning.

I can't tell when the good time will come.  I have no time traveling box to speak of.  You should ask Doctor Hooves once he has his Tardis back.  He would be able to look into it.  That's the thing about the bad times.  They feel like they last a lifetime, sometimes...they drag, but, then the light of good times shine through the dark, and the dark fades, but by bit, until they become a distant nightmare.  Equestrians are strong creatures.  Their love and friendship sees them through time and time again.  I believe it will see them through this, and, though it will be hard to go back, they will help one another do just that.

• Brohoof 1
3 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

That doesn't and has never made it right.     Because we've become the thing we've sworn to fight. In fighting for sake of friendship, we've destroyed it. Friends don't accept ending one another as an option. We don't trade lives.

Since the alternative was all of us being overrun permanently, it was certainly the better option. The Tree of Harmony made this wager with Grogar, and we all knew the risks when we signed up for this. And in the contest we would determine which team had the best chance at defeating Grogar. This was all according to plan. Do not assume that your inability to forgive, in any way reflects that of your fellow creatures.

Suffering defeat after defeat, knowing that your hardest wasn't good enough when it counted. It changes a player. 

Well if you hadn't been focused on avenging SCU Las Pegasus the entire time, maybe you would have sided with the winning team. This kind of attitude is exactly what enabled Luna and Rarity to be corrupted before. Perhaps some arboreal life form out there is trying to drop you a hint, before your anger leads you down a path that ends with you having a permanent beachfront residence alongside the Sea of Tranquility. ;)

Oh they can be brought back. Allegedly. How do we truly know? How can Grogar be trusted? After all, we've practically done the job for him. And can we really trust Luna? She's been wrong before.  And who in Tarturus is Dr.Wolf

If he can't be, Luna still has more knowledge of this place than anycreature else, and is therefore our best shot at victory.

Dr. Wolf is a talented therapist.

You shunned the Pillars and the Elements. There's no reason for you to hold this grudge about Pinkie either then. Unless of course... there's a crush I should know about. Was someone hoping for a private party before this whole fiasco started? ;)

What's the point of survival, after the horror we've been through?

If we don't survive Grogar, we don't get a chance to get over the horror. That's what all of this has been about since the beginning. A fighting chance. You may feel that isn't worth it, well fine. That's your prerogative. Move to Tambelon if you must, but kindly refrain from dragging the rest of us down with you just because you can't see any hope for redemption. Princess Twilight would be so utterly disappointed. Have you learned nothing from her?

The ponies Luna called her friends, and all thsose who  find themselves in Tambelon's shadow... Luna reaches out to them... and it seems that some of them may be responding! (easy reference, yes. but it fits!)

Edited by Toastypk
  • Brohoof 1
1 hour ago, ChB said:

Why is the poll close date/time so late? Is it because there is some surprise coming our way, in the near future? :mlp_huh:

Judging by how easily predictable the final results are, I am guessing there will be. And a staff (can't remember who) posted something suspicous/fore-shadowing-ish. 

And I hope so. Will be more exciting.

• Brohoof 1
On 3/28/2019 at 2:11 AM, ChB said:

Why is the poll close date/time so late? Is it because there is some surprise coming our way, in the near future? :mlp_huh:

Cause busy me is busy. Really that’s all. Though there is something coming up that I’ve not hinted at in any way. I’m dragging this one as close to the Season 9 premiere as much as I can. For no reason in particular. Nope none at all. 

• Brohoof 3