Millennium Shadow

General Anypony here trans?

Recommended Posts

I've only know about transgenderism for a couple of years now. I never had any problem with it; people can live however they want, as long as they're not hurting anybody.

I came out as a trans mare (see what I did, there? :derp:) over a week ago, and I feel better about myself now that I have. I'm thankful to have friends who are supportive of me.
I'll start transitioning once I lose enough weight. Just so you know, I won't be getting the surgery hormonal therapy because those are a little too extreme for me.

My birth sex is male, but a friend said I display more feminine traits, not that's a bad thing, mind ya.

So, is anypony on here trans? If so, when/how did you come out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are very brave for sharing with us. I'm not trans, but I know someone that is. I hope you get all the love and support to make your journey as smooth as possible!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

I identify as non-binary but I used to identify as a trans woman. I know how hard it can be, but this is a tolerant community here as a whole. I hope your transition goes well :)

Edited by ~Dusky~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m trans I guess. It’s not a big deal and I don’t intend on transitioning, switching genders, pronouns or anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm male to female transgender.

Although I'm completely open online about it, I'm still in stealth mode offline. At least until I've gotten a few things in position. I'll be going for the whole 'renovation' including hormones and surgery. Although there are some surgical elements I won't require. To this day, I've been working on my voice, mannerisms, speech pattern, walk, keeping my body in shape, etc. All of it in secret and away from prying ears and eyes. I'm hoping to take big leaps with it all this year.

Good luck with your own transition efforts. I hope it all goes well. :mlp_yeehaa:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Treeglow Flicker said:

I'm male to female transgender.

Although I'm completely open online about it, I'm still in stealth mode offline. At least until I've gotten a few things in position. I'll be going for the whole 'renovation' including hormones and surgery. Although there are some surgical elements I won't require. To this day, I've been working on my voice, mannerisms, speech pattern, walk, keeping my body in shape, etc. All of it in secret and away from prying ears and eyes. I'm hoping to take big leaps with it all this year.

Good luck with your own transition efforts. I hope it all goes well. :mlp_yeehaa:

Thanks.

What do you mean by, you've been working on your voice, mannerisms, speech pattern, walk, keeping my body in shape, etc? :mlp_confused:

Edited by Millennium Shadow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Millennium Shadow said:

Thanks.

What do you mean by, you've been working on your voice, mannerisms, speech pattern, walk, keeping my body in shape, etc? :mlp_confused:

What I mean is making those things pass as being female. For example, with my voice, I've been training it to sound softer, higher pitched and have been refining it towards sounding like a woman's voice and trying to get it as natural sounding as I possible. Same sort of thing with the other things I mentioned. Each little refined detail makes my body feel like less of a prison. :-P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Treeglow Flicker said:

What I mean is making those things pass as being female. For example, with my voice, I've been training it to sound softer, higher pitched and have been refining it towards sounding like a woman's voice and trying to get it as natural sounding as I possible. Same sort of thing with the other things I mentioned. Each little refined detail makes my body feel like less of a prison. :-P

Ah, I see.

How do you alter your voice to sound more feminine without having your vocal cords stay in that awkward/uncomfortable pose during voga class (if you get the metaphor :derp:) and without having it sounding off? I'm thinking Maud's voice would suit me. :mlp_maud:

And if you don't mind mind me asking, how do you get your body and face to have a more feminine appearance without plastic surgery?
I had an idea of wearing a custom latex mask like in movies.
 :mlp_rarity:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Millennium Shadow said:

Ah, I see.

How do you alter your voice to sound more feminine without having your vocal cords stay in that awkward/uncomfortable pose during voga class (if you get the metaphor :derp:) and without having it sounding off? I'm thinking Maud's voice would suit me. :mlp_maud:

Well, I'm ftm and some videos about masculinizing your voice said that women tend to speak from the back of the throat while men speak from their chest??  I don't really understand it but I used to speak from the middle of my mouth(if that makes sense) to now my throat, it's definitely made a difference for me in terms of my voice(taking T definitely helped with that too tbh...).  So I can assume it's the same thing when feminizing your voice too?????

Anyways, I've been on HRT for a little over two years now, I do plan on getting both top and bottom surgeries done but I can't seem to find anyone who can look after my cat and I definitely know I can't afford letting the vet look after her while I'm out of town...  An mtf lady I know just got her gender reassignment surgery done, can't be more proud of her than I am now!!!  I kinda wish my mom was more open about me being trans so I could go through this process with her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Millennium Shadow said:

Ah, I see.

How do you alter your voice to sound more feminine without having your vocal cords stay in that awkward/uncomfortable pose during voga class (if you get the metaphor :derp:) and without having it sounding off? I'm thinking Maud's voice would suit me. :mlp_maud:

And if you don't mind mind me asking, how do you get your body and face to have a more feminine appearance without plastic surgery?
I had an idea of wearing a custom latex mask like in movies.
 :mlp_rarity:

@Thuja pretty much hit the nail on the head in terms of where and how you project your voice. It's best to picture your voice being like a ball that sits between the height of your nose and the pit of your stomach. The lower the ball, the more masculine the voice sounds, the higher the ball, the more feminine it sounds. Of course there is more to acquiring the right voice from simply adjusting the pitch, but it does give a good starting foundation for you to refine it into sounding more natural. If you just blatantly try speaking in a higher pitch at the very start, then you'll just sound like Mickey Mouse.

One of the things that I have done in my voice practice is teaching myself how to sing. Starting with something simple and memorable. The habit of singing helps develop an instinct for refining and controlling your voice to the point of getting it to where it needs to be. A second thing I do is attempt to read something out loud in a female voice. Be it from a book or magazine. It also helps to record and play back your voice to see how it is progressing. Initially it will sound very cringy to the point that you just want to bury your head beneath a pile of pillows and never come out. But that's just one of those things that comes with intial practice. There are a lot of little details that can go into a voice, even down to what words you use. But on the bright side it gives you a lot of options to work with. :-P

One of the most important things that I've learned from others is not to over practice. You don't want to damage your vocal chords. I usually spend ten minutes at a time practicing. Gradually, I've been able to speak in a higher and softer pitch without any strain. It all takes plenty of practice, but know when to stop, otherwise you'll only damage your progress in the long run.

As for a more feminine body and face. People come in all different shapes and sizes so little tricks here and there can vary. It's best to get an idea of what you have to work with first. I could probably throw an entire wall of text at you on the subject. One of the most important things about a feminine appearance comes from how you move, sit, stand, etc. As for actual physical appearance, I will say it is best to avoid any exercises that build up visible muscle mass. You want to try and build a slender and nimble frame. Maintain your muscles, but make sure you're avoiding Hollywood action movie star looking muscles.

There's also a silly little trick I learned to help eliminate any broadness in my shoulders. All you have to do is stand up straight and push your shoulders back and hold them in that position. Standing up straight is pretty impornant on it's own in the first place. It shows confidence. If you want to find out how upright you're standing, stick a book between your thighs and that should help automatically make you stand up straight. I think they teach some ballet dancers that trick. Don't quote me on that though. :-P

Anyway. A bigger block of text than I intended. Happy reading I guess. :-P

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm MtF and I have begun hormone therapy. I couldn't ignore it anymore, even though I'd tried to do so for twenty-two years of my life. Sadly, I started the transition at 34 so I don't think it will end up quite as well as others, but I still have a good chance. Admitting to friends was fairly easy as was telling my brother. I just kinda told him "hey, this is gonna happen soon" and he was like "do what you need to do to be happy." Telling my parents was not nearly as easy. I did tell my mom and dad, and it went better than I expected. Finally got them to understand more with some family therapy time with a specialized gender therapist.

When I'm not so goddamn broke, I'll be going back to said specialist since she's also a vocal coach and has an entire program just for transwomen to transform them from men to women. I am so lucky I live near the Transgender Institute. Not looking forward to replacing a good chunk of my wardrobe, nor getting so much hair lasered the hell off. I'm more tomboyish either way so most of my clothing will be fine. Not giving up my pony shirts regardless. xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, The Historian said:

I'm MtF and I have begun hormone therapy. I couldn't ignore it anymore, even though I'd tried to do so for twenty-two years of my life. Sadly, I started the transition at 34 so I don't think it will end up quite as well as others, but I still have a good chance. Admitting to friends was fairly easy as was telling my brother. I just kinda told him "hey, this is gonna happen soon" and he was like "do what you need to do to be happy." Telling my parents was not nearly as easy. I did tell my mom and dad, and it went better than I expected. Finally got them to understand more with some family therapy time with a specialized gender therapist.

When I'm not so goddamn broke, I'll be going back to said specialist since she's also a vocal coach and has an entire program just for transwomen to transform them from men to women. I am so lucky I live near the Transgender Institute. Not looking forward to replacing a good chunk of my wardrobe, nor getting so much hair lasered the hell off. I'm more tomboyish either way so most of my clothing will be fine. Not giving up my pony shirts regardless. xD

I'm glad that you had accepting and supportive people when you came out.

IRL, I've only told both my mother and grandmother that I was trans, and they both laughed at me and told me that I "wasn't a girl."

I was humiliated and in tears, stormed out of the room, and they were still laughing at me like they heard the best joke in years. :(

I wanted to punch them so badly for humiliating and disrespecting me. IDK if they're really bigots, but they were being bigoted towards me. Considering that my grandmother was bron in '42 and my mother being born in '65, bigotry is to be expected... :dry:

So, I haven't came out IRL yet because I basically have no one that actually loves and supports me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Millennium Shadow said:

I'm glad that you had accepting and supportive people when you came out.

IRL, I've only told both my mother and grandmother that I was trans, and they both laughed at me and told me that I "wasn't a girl."

I was humiliated and in tears, stormed out of the room, and they were still laughing at me like they heard the best joke in years. :(

I wanted to punch them so badly for humiliating and disrespecting me. IDK if they're really bigots, but they were being bigoted towards me. Considering that my grandmother was bron in '42 and my mother being born in '65, bigotry is to be expected... :dry:

So, I haven't came out IRL yet because I basically have no one that actually loves and supports me.

That's a real shame. I am super fortunate that I have a fairly accepting family. Not everyone knows yet. Just my parents, brother and a few close aunts, uncles and a grandmother. And one of my cousins, but she's young and likes ponies. Still have a few left to tell and I'm fearing a few members will not be so accepting. However, I have no problem telling them to go fuck themselves with a pitchfork.

If your close family is being this way, I don't know what to tell you. The only thing you can do is try to get them to go to multiple family therapy sessions to try getting them on your side of things. For what it's worth, my mom and dad were born in '59 and '58, respectively. It's not entirely just age. Some people are just hateful, and it's a real shame.

If you want to talk on Discord, send me a PM and I'll be happy to have a chat. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, The Historian said:

If you want to talk on Discord, send me a PM and I'll be happy to have a chat. :)

What's your Discord?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Raises hand. I’m trans. Getting deeper into transition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm trans as well. Male to female. Been trans since last July.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

21 minutes ago, Twisted Cyclone said:

I'm trans, as well. Male-to-female. Been trans since last July.

So, how does it feel being a mare? :)
Have you completed your transition, or are you still in the process? I haven't started transitioning yet, I'll start once I've lost enough weight. :twismile:

If you wanna chat in messages or over on Discord, you're more than welcome to. :fluttershy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Millennium Shadow said:

So, how does it feel being a mare? :)
Have you completed your transition, or are you still in the process? I haven't started transitioning yet, I'll start once I've lost enough weight. :twismile:

If you wanna chat in messages or over on Discord, you're more than welcome to. :fluttershy:

I haven't started transitioning because I'm in a very toxic environment to do so. Once I move out of where I live, I can begin that. Online however, I'm very open about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

3 minutes ago, Twisted Cyclone said:

I haven't started transitioning because I'm in a very toxic environment to do so. Once I move out of where I live, I can begin that. Online, however, I'm very open about it. 

What exactly do you by "in a very toxic environment"? :huh:

And I'm more open about myself online than IRL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Millennium Shadow said:

What exactly do you by "in a very toxic environment"? :huh:

And I'm more open about myself online than IRL.

I'm stuck in an environment where people who aren't exactly accepting of trans people. I don't really want to be kicked out or disowned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Just now, Twisted Cyclone said:

I'm stuck in an environment where people who aren't exactly accepting of trans people. I don't really want to be kicked out or disowned.

I can understand that. My mother and grandmother are kinda bigoted. When I told them I was trans, they both burst out in laughter, as if it was the funniest joke they've heard in years.
Believe me when I say that I was humiliated and in tears. Even when I stormed back into my room and slammed the door, I could still hear them laughing.
 :(
Other than them and someone I've knows for years (he was rather surprised when I told him i was trans), I've told no one else.

Hey, hon, if you need anypony to talk to, I'd be more than to oblige. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not trans, cis male, but I'm cool with the whole trans stuff. It's good of you to realize who you are.

I've listened too much to the critics of the trans community, but I guess I'm not educated enough on the topic. As long as it's not hurting anybody, we're cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I myself am not trans, but I know a few people who are, in fact, they're good friends to me, and I support them 100%

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • teacup 1
  • Yay 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Nope, not really. I one point thought so, but at the moment no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

I am not transgender myself but I have no issue with people who are. If you feel you are truly male, that’s fine. If you feel you are truly female, that’s fine too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.