Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight and Pinkie Pie

heavens-champion

Do you sometimes feel like the writers are trying to make Pinkie Pie Twilight's best friend? You know, with the movie, Best Gift Ever, and things like that? Kinda contrasts with the theme song, that says they're all her best friends.

Just because Twilight drew Pinkie's name from a hat and went Twilight-nanas trying to make the perfect gift for Pinkie, that doesn't mean she's trying to make Pinkie Pie her only best friend over everyone else. They all agree the year of this special they should get one special gift for only of the best friends among the Mane 6 and that includes Spike. They all drew the names of their recipients fairly and Spike was allowed to swap names.

Btw, Starlight wasn't in the group because this year, she's shown to be spending it with Trixie.

Personally, it's kinda hasty to come to assume that Twilight was trying to make Pinkie Pie her best friend over the others.

• 9 months later...

I think they were the worst 'friends' in the group, I say, Twilight isn't really so close to each other, I think they are simply known or something, since they don't really have a friends relationship.

They always felt like leftovers, AJ/Rarity and Fluttershy/Rainbow Dash are some of the more prominent pairings in the show that pairing them together is almost by habit, but Pinkie and Twilight felt like they only went together because they were left over. The movie was arguably one of the very few times they went together because the writers actually wanted them together

Yeah... they seem to be best friends when you consider the other groups... but it's very subtle with them. Rarity says Fluttershy is her best friend in season 1 but I bet it's Applejack by season 4. Rainbow seems to hang out with everyone a decent amount. Applejack is a toss up between Rarity and Rainbow. Pinky's seem be subtly Twilight like I stated before. Fluttershy doesn't really seem to hang out with any of them all that much but if i had to say... it's out of Rarity and Rainbow.. once again. 

I think the issue with Pinky is that her friendship are much more surface level as she has many many more friends then the rest.