Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rainbooms Age Predictions

Literatel

It is very likely that Canterlot High is centered in America. One piece of evidence is Rarity, as she was born in England but is obviously not living in there now, and I find it somewhat hard to imagine seeing Applejack moving too far from home. Also, in the MLP universe, "Vanhoover" and Manehattan (among other locations) have been mentioned several times, so we have to assume that the EQG world has provinces and states that are similar, if not identical, to our own.

Some of the Rainbooms can already drive, and Fluttershy can drive on her own without an adult in the vehicle, as evidence by her giving Sunset driving lessons in one of the shorts. In addition, most (if not all) of the Rainbooms have part-time jobs, and in America, you need to be at least 16 years old to work and to begin to learn how to drive.

Fluttershy once stated in MLP that Pinkie Pie is a year younger than her, and let's assume the same is true in the EQG world.

This would put all the EQG at least 16 years old, with some them being 17. And with some of the latest shorts taking place in the new school year, I would assume that Sunset Shimmer, Fluttershy, possibly Twilight Sparkle and maybe Rarity are 18, and Rainbow Dash, Applejack (since she was seen driving with Granny Smith in another short) and Pinkie Pie are now 17, then 16 years old.

I think I've cracked the egg. What do you think? ;)

Edited by Literatel

I don't think the ages work the same in FiM than in EQG. So Fluttershy and Pinkie would have a 4-5 month difference instead of a year.

Other than that, 17 seem to be the right age for them. (except for Sunset who was around 18-24 years when she stopped being Celestia's pupil and then lived around 3 years in the EqG world) The thing is... when going through the portal she became a 14yo teen, just as the 25-27 yo Princess Twi became a 16yo.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Literatel said:

It is very likely that Canterlot High is centered in America.

We know it is since we've seen them use dollars that are green. America is the only place with monochrome dollars if I recall. Not to mention the building styles are definitely meant to reflect America.

One piece of evidence is Rarity, as she was born in England but is obviously not living in there now,

Where do you get that impression? There is no evidence that Rarity was born in England. Her accent is that of an aristocrat. Also if she was born in England... Why are her parents and sister not with English accents? We can safely assume her parents are the same as they are in Equestria and they were definitely sporting Minnesota accents. If anything, Rarity's accent is either fake, or they moved somewhere ritzier when she was young and moved to Canterlot after the fact, evidenced by Sweetie Belle's lack of an accent. There is a distinct possibility though that Rarity is just faking her accent to sound posh.

Hate to break it to you, but I've met plenty of Englishmen, I work at a job where I meet them on a regular basis and Rarity's accent is not English.

I find it somewhat hard to imagine seeing Applejack moving too far from home

The most logical explanation is that Canterlot is somewhere in Maryland. Since we've seen the beach is close by and they get full seasons. Applejack likely moved there from West Virginia, which has a lot of countrysides. This makes more sense too because she owns an orchard which grows mostly in NY and Maryland. (inb4 Country Roads reference).

Also, in the MLP universe, "Vanhoover" and Manehattan (among other locations) have been mentioned several times, so we have to assume that the EQG world has provinces and states that are similar, if not identical, to our own.

Why do we have to assume that? We've seen tons of things that are NOT identical in the EQG world. Such as the fact that there is NO Ponyville and the story takes place in Canterlot instead of Ponyville. There has been no referenced to Vanhoover or Manehatten in EQG. For all we know those places just have their conventional names of Vancouver and Manhatten. Canterlot likely is just coincidental because it doesn't inherently SOUND like a horse pun to those who are not thinking about it.

Some of the Rainbooms can already drive, and Fluttershy can drive on her own without an adult in the vehicle, as evidence by her giving Sunset driving lessons in one of the shorts. In addition, most (if not all) of the Rainbooms have part-time jobs, and in America, you need to be at least 16 years old to work and to begin to learn how to drive.

I would estimate they started the series at 16 and are around 17 for that reason as most states allow you to get a license by 17 (Maryland included after a provisional for a year).

Fluttershy once stated in MLP that Pinkie Pie is a year younger than her, and let's assume the same is true in the EQG world.

I don't see a reason to assume that. I've already pointed out that not everything is 1:1.

19 hours ago, Literatel said:

One piece of evidence is Rarity, as she was born in England but is obviously not living in there now

I guarantee you that Rarity's accent is fake. She probably got it from years of imitating posh people on TV. 

19 hours ago, Literatel said:

It is very likely that Canterlot High is centered in America.

I don't think you can say that the United States even exists in that world. We have no idea what the map of humanland looks like. 

Anyway, 16-17 sounds right; unless they graduate within this season or the next, I'd call even 18 a stretch. 

2 hours ago, AlexanderThrond said:

I guarantee you that Rarity's accent is fake. She probably got it from years of imitating posh people on TV. 

I don't think you can say that the United States even exists in that world. We have no idea what the map of humanland looks like. 

Anyway, 16-17 sounds right; unless they graduate within this season or the next, I'd call even 18 a stretch. 

Well, Rarity's eyelashes are fake, so her having a fake accent wouldn't surprise me either.

I suppose you are right.

Or unless they don't actually age, like a lot of fictional characters that are in a school system.

• Brohoof 1

I'd say your assumptions are pretty accurate, though I'm thinking that they lean more towards seventeen. Then again, we will never truly be sure, aside from keeping notes of subtle hints.

12 hours ago, Literatel said:

Or unless they don't actually age, like a lot of fictional characters that are in a school system.

It's not unlikely that they'll be stuck at their current age until Equestria Girls ends. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
3 minutes ago, AlexanderThrond said:

It's not unlikely that they'll be stuck at their current age until Equestria Girls ends. 

1. We don't know when Equestria Girls will end. It could be at the end of the next special, it could be a year or two from now

2. Since no one can come to an exact agreement on their ages, I find it to be likely that by the time the show ends, those disagreements will continue

3. One reason why I believe we don't know their ages is because it wouldn't benefit the viewer in any way. It doesn't add anything to the plot. Let's pretend that Equestria Girls lasted for another decade. (Highly improbable, if not impossible, but hear me out.) I have a sense of doubt that we would be following them through their journey beyond high school, since that is one of the core aspects of the show; it's a high school spin-off of MLP

Edited by Literatel

Their school is trying hard to be an American school, and yet it is also partially behaves like non American school. CMC is just too young to be in the 4 year high school program, but they aren't if they had been there since grade 1 and the school supports 11-12 years school program where all the students are go to the same joined school. I am not sure if any school in America works like that.

All of the Mane 6 should be in their senior year making then 17-18 years old.

Edited by R.D.Dash

1. We don't know when Equestria Girls will end. It could be at the end of the next special, it could be a year or two from now

2. Since no one can come to an exact agreement on their ages, I find it to be likely that by the time the show ends, those disagreements will continue

3. One reason why I believe we don't know their ages is because it wouldn't benefit the viewer in any way. It doesn't add anything to the plot. Let's pretend that Equestria Girls lasted for another decade. (Highly improbable, if not impossible, but hear me out.) I have a sense of doubt that we would be following them through their journey beyond high school, since that is one of the core aspects of the show; it's a high school spin-off of MLP

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2019 at 10:03 AM, Literatel said:

One piece of evidence is Rarity, as she was born in England

What makes you think she was born in England? She doesn't sound English - she just sounds like an American/Canadian with a slightly affected accent.

• 2 months later...
(edited)
On 3/23/2019 at 3:03 AM, Literatel said:

It is very likely that Canterlot High is centered in America. One piece of evidence is Rarity, as she was born in England but is obviously not living in there now, and I find it somewhat hard to imagine seeing Applejack moving too far from home. Also, in the MLP universe, "Vanhoover" and Manehattan (among other locations) have been mentioned several times, so we have to assume that the EQG world has provinces and states that are similar, if not identical, to our own.

This would put all the EQG at least 16 years old, with some them being 17. And with some of the latest shorts taking place in the new school year, I would assume that Sunset Shimmer, Fluttershy, possibly Twilight Sparkle and maybe Rarity are 18, and Rainbow Dash, Applejack (since she was seen driving with Granny Smith in another short) and Pinkie Pie are now 17, then 16 years old.

I think I've cracked the egg. What do you think? ;)

On 3/24/2019 at 1:12 PM, R.D.Dash said:

Their school is trying hard to be an American school, and yet it is also partially behaves like non American school. CMC is just too young to be in the 4 year high school program, but they aren't if they had been there since grade 1 and the school supports 11-12 years school program where all the students are go to the same joined school. I am not sure if any school in America works like that.

All of the Mane 6 should be in their senior year making then 17-18 years old.

On 3/23/2019 at 4:59 AM, Sherbert MGS said:

I see them at about 17 or 18, since they appear to be on the senor year

On 3/23/2019 at 10:28 PM, AlexanderThrond said:

When you realize that all of them looks like seniors as totally spies and princess disney. They actually have 17-21, 16-22, that's explain they all look much older, they live alone in their homes, they have their own job,  the way they behave and learn to drive leading the school. They make their own lives, that explains that they traveled on a boat on their vacations. A teenager from the real world is always accompanied by his parents, taking them to school. Not just there are teenagers in school, there are also 20-year-olds in high school as well as the university. All young people of any age go to both classes. All of them are 17-21 years old.

Edited by Van123
  • Brohoof 1

Just now, Van123 said:

When you realize that all of them look like seniors as totally spies and princess disney. They actually have 17-21, 16-22, that's explain they all look much older, they live alone in their homes, they have their own job,  the way they behave and learn to drive leading the school. They make their own lives, that explains that they traveled on a boat on their vacations. A teenager from the real world is always accompanied by his parents, taking him to school. Not just there are teenagers in school, there are also 20-year-olds in high school as well as the university. All young people of any age go to both classes. 

in my country many senors still have works and live on own (sure, only paied £300pm when a real job at max hours a 16/17 yr old can work (16hrsper week in this country) can make like £400-450 PM

35 minutes ago, Sherbert MGS said:

in my country many senors still have works and live on own (sure, only paied £300pm when a real job at max hours a 16/17 yr old can work (16hrsper week in this country) can make like £400-450 PM

on you country you got that right. My parents told me that those from America, 16, 17 or any age, work and sometimes drive, but in my country, at age 18, 21 or 22 etc, they learn to drive. They are actually seniors of 17-21 years.

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)
20 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

I say they’re 17-18. They appear to be in their senior year of high school, so it would only make sense. 

no, they actually are 17-21 all of them and looks much olders, that makes sense. That is why they make their own lives in their own way and the way they behave.

Edited by Van123

(edited)
21 minutes ago, Van123 said:

no, they actually are 17-21 all of them and looks much olders, that makes sense. That is why they make their own lives in their own way and the way they behave, it's something that you're wrong

65d.gif

It’s my opinion, bud. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

I always figured Rarity had a transatlantic accent, similar to that of Audrey Hepburn. I can see Rarity being based off Hepburn and other old timey actresses, so it stands to reason that she would have a similar accent. 

(edited)
18 hours ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

I definitely think they're juniors/seniors.

other way around, Cutié Mark Crusaders, Snips, Snails, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon are juniors, and the mane 6 and others are seniors. 

Edited by Van123
  • Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...
On 12/19/2019 at 5:18 PM, SpittyPie2005 said:

Equestria Girls: 13

Rainbow Rocks: 14

The Friendship Games: 15

The Legend of Everfree: 16

image.png.89cd50eee8ea9244e6b558fe253a0b35.png

no, All the time they are seniors. They are 17-21 years old.

• 4 weeks later...