Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Underwear

ManaMinori

women's underwear, specifically (sorry, guys). Let's talk about it.

I'm talking color. Why does it seem like there are more options for light colored undies than there are dark? I'm talking just plain black. They always have more options for white casual panties, or cutsey prints, or colored and cutesy prints or plain prints, but very VERY rarely will I find just plain black, cotton underwear- WHY?! All of my wardrobe is black- why must I suffer with white pantsu or non black-colored pantsu, with prints? *sobs*

Perhaps it's not the best idea to talk about women's underwear on a site intended for people ages 13 and up? Might come off... The wrong way? This may be a discussion better suited for a more mature forum? Just a thought.

4 minutes ago, Zkrahs Yek said:

Perhaps it's not the best idea to talk about women's underwear on a site intended for people ages 13 and up? Might come off... The wrong way? This may be a discussion better suited for a more mature forum? Just a thought.

don't we all have to wear underwear? It's not a sexual topic.....

1 hour ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

Why does it seem like there are more options for light colored undies than there are dark?

Here's a hypothesis that I can glean based off of info women that I've dated have given. Dark colored underwear is easier to see through clothes. If you constantly wear jeans or thick skirts or something, it's not a problem, but seeing as most women have some dresses, skirts, pants, etc. in light colors and thin materials, that's when things like black underwear begin to show through. Because of this, the market for lighter colors is likely far greater than that for black, thus a smaller supply of plain black.

I would think you would be able to find some on Amazon or something though.

36 minutes ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

This thread has the potential to go up in a firestorm of weirdness.

Spoiler

i-am-here.thumb.jpg.9ae5545f0c8b7dfbc97d9cd1bd05df1d.jpg

• Brohoof 1

35 minutes ago, Twiggy said:

Because of this, the market for lighter colors is likely far greater than that for black, thus a smaller supply of plain black

Pretty much this. If women prefer a particular clothing style that does not work with a particular color style of undergarment well that pretty much sums up the more limited choices. I am just going to guess that companies do their research on what their customers buy and make more of what is easier to sell. 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Twiggy said:

Here's a hypothesis that I can glean based off of info women that I've dated have given. Dark colored underwear is easier to see through clothes. If you constantly wear jeans or thick skirts or something, it's not a problem, but seeing as most women have some dresses, skirts, pants, etc. in light colors and thin materials, that's when things like black underwear begin to show through. Because of this, the market for lighter colors is likely far greater than that for black, thus a smaller supply of plain black.

I would think you would be able to find some on Amazon or something though.

Hide contents

i-am-here.thumb.jpg.9ae5545f0c8b7dfbc97d9cd1bd05df1d.jpg

as someone who wears jeans all the time  (and black slips when wearing skirts), thin layers wouldn't be a problem for me. My clothes must be black.

Like my souuuuul.

I found some at Target, but still. They're hard AF to find a decent pair of black ones (that aren't lacy and meant for ...showing off......)

I swear, I'd be better off just buying clothing dye and doing it myself.

35 minutes ago, Jedishy said:

Pretty much this. If women prefer a particular clothing style that does not work with a particular color style of undergarment well that pretty much sums up the more limited choices. I am just going to guess that companies do their research on what their customers buy and make more of what is easier to sell. 

they clearly need to take the goths into consideration.

29 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

Unironically yes. If you do it in bulk you would likely save money doing this over buying online.

29 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

Like my souuuuul.

I, too, have a soul filled with darkness. Though probably in a different way.

Edited by Twiggy

Honestly, I feel this topic is just fine, the only way I can see this becoming a problem is if this gets NSFW. I am all for a mature discussion on uh... underwear.

Also, to be honest with you. I've never really paid attention to women's underwear in particular.

3 hours ago, Twiggy said:

Dark colored underwear is easier to see through clothes. If you constantly wear jeans or thick skirts or something, it's not a problem, but seeing as most women have some dresses, skirts, pants, etc. in light colors and thin materials, that's when things like black underwear begin to show through. Because of this, the market for lighter colors is likely far greater than that for black, thus a smaller supply of plain black.

This is pretty much my approach. I love to wear black but I have certain outfits I will wear it with and certain ones I won't. 

2 hours ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

Just please make sure you get a good dye that won't bleed into anything else you have on. If you're wearing all black that's fine, but watch out for anything else. Even good dyes aren't foolproof. Test them well before trying. 

12 hours ago, Kzr haekS said:

Eh, famous question “boxers or briefs” is allowable. Color questions of female undergarments are allowable. It’s not like the OP is asking specifically about lingerie. 

If we aren’t mature enough to talk about color and cut of a non NSFW sales item, then this site has bigger problems than women’s panties. 

12 hours ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

don't we all have to wear underwear? It's not a sexual topic.....

Yes, we all should for health reasons. First off sweat absobstion cuts down on UTI’s. Secondly you reduce friction. These two go hand in hand unless you want to introduce bacteria into compromised skin. 

• Brohoof 2

12 hours ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

but very VERY rarely will I find just plain black, cotton underwear- WHY?!

I don’t know where you are shopping but it’s certainly not uncommon to find black in just about every single cut imaginable. From granny to thong. Black is definitely very very available. 

1 minute ago, Jeric said:

I don’t know where you are shopping but it’s certainly not uncommon to find black in just about every single cut imaginable. From granny to thong. Black is definitely very very available. 

Well, honestly, I just scoped out Target....

I would think that it's just that women generally prefer lighter colors. But I really don't know.

When I get to wear women's underwear, I'm thinking colors like pink or red personally... :catface: Maybe stripey ones? Pink and red stripes? X3 I'm not trans anymore, but I fully intend on dressing as a woman from time to time :P

Edited by ~Dusky~

1 hour ago, Jeric said:

If we aren’t mature enough to talk about color and cut of a non NSFW sales item, then this site has bigger problems than women’s panties. 

13 hours ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

I just perhaps feel that MAYBE on a PG13 forum with adult members, asking about women's underwear might send the wrong impression to parents, but hey it is what it is.

(edited)
52 minutes ago, Kzr haekS said:

I just perhaps feel that MAYBE on a PG13 forum with adult members, asking about women's underwear might send the wrong impression to parents, but hey it is what it is.

Ok, if a woman talking (hopefully) to other women on preferred underwear is not allowed, then lets get weird with talking about underwear on  pastel ponies and see if that doesn’t go south, eh? xD

Edited by Nightmare Muffin

1 minute ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

Ok, if a woman talking (hopefully) to other women on preferred underwear is not allowed, then lets get weird with talking about underwear on  pastel ponies and see if that doesn’t go south, eh? xD

I could have sworn you said you were male at one point. I might be mistaken.

Either way, I'm just saying this kind of threat might be a little odd on a PG-13 site. I mean it's obviously still "allowed" but the old saying of just because you can, sometimes you have to ask if you should.

You do you, I won't bug you anymore.

Wtf is this topic? *Sigh* I might as well give it the benefit of the doubt.

I guess it boils down to preferences and the demand for light colored clothes being high, depending on where you live, compared to dark-colored clothes. Because Mosquitos love to suck people’s blood even more if they wear dark colored clothes.

But for underwear, does it really matter what color should it be when people in general won’t be focusing much on looking at the underwear (unless they’re panty perverts in dem cartoons in Japan) with the dark colored clothes already covering a good portion of the body and more so on the fact that the purpose of the undergarment is to protect the privates and not leave out skidmarks wherever we sit.

Skidmarks are the worst and happens more often when aging up.