Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv what cartoon do you think suck this days ?

OG CHUCK

9 hours ago, Twilight Luna said:

The newest series of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It decided to go the Teen Titans Go route.  *facepalm*

I like the style of the cartoon but yeah its shallow given the rich world and storytelling the older ones have! 

• Brohoof 1

Most of them nowadays imo. Here's how it usually works. Season 1 is great, everyone loves it and people start shipping characters. Season 2 is also pretty good, shipping gets more intensive. Season three rolls around and because the creators and, more importantly, the executives saw all the shipping before production began they decide to engage in fan service and it's basically all downhill from there.

Also the stereotypical Cal Arts style is hot garbage and if left unchecked will eventually lead to western adaptations of classic anime masterpieces that look like this and not even God will be able to help us because we've killed him.

Spoiler

7c9.png.1664468f8207bf9e3c85dad87b3d3881.png6s65y4d7ybz01.thumb.jpg.3d2eb389d46d84cf611ddae7325d6ee3.jpg

12 hours ago, Twiggy said:

Most of them nowadays imo. Here's how it usually works. Season 1 is great, everyone loves it and people start shipping characters. Season 2 is also pretty good, shipping gets more intensive. Season three rolls around and because the creators and, more importantly, the executives saw all the shipping before production began they decide to engage in fan service and it's basically all downhill from there.

You just described exactly how I've felt about Star VS the Forces of Evil since Battle for Mewni. :dry: I feel like that show should have ended there, even though that would have made it's run literally only two seasons long.

It's a real shame what happened to SvFE I think. The show had an absolutely amazing run, before what used to be a sort of romantic side plot... became the MAIN plot. Between that and the characters turning from, as a whole (Pony Head was ALWAYS irritating), well-designed characters that I liked to see to whatever Star and Marco are now. The humor also went down the drain pretty quickly and with a show like Star VS that's a problem.

Edited by Dusky, the Boy Queen
  • Brohoof 1

Steven Universe is a hot mess after the revelation of Pink Diamond. They didn't even address some subplot regarding off-colors, Lapis and Bismuth,  and Jasper after the confrontation with White Diamond. 

Edited by chocomallow

On 3/27/2019 at 10:24 AM, Tao said:

I like the style of the cartoon but yeah its shallow given the rich world and storytelling the older ones have! 

I didn’t care for the previous series right away but it grew on me and I liked it a lot. But this one took everything that made the previous series great and threw it in the dumpster.

Edited by Twilight Luna

On 3/28/2019 at 7:59 AM, Dusky, the Boy Queen said:

You just described exactly how I've felt about Star VS the Forces of Evil since Battle for Mewni. :dry: I feel like that show should have ended there, even though that would have made it's run literally only two seasons long.

It's a real shame what happened to SvFE I think. The show had an absolutely amazing run, before what used to be a sort of romantic side plot... became the MAIN plot. Between that and the characters turning from, as a whole (Pony Head was ALWAYS irritating), well-designed characters that I liked to see to whatever Star and Marco are now. The humor also went down the drain pretty quickly and with a show like Star VS that's a problem.

SvFE is a good example from what I've heard, though I'll admit I never made it past season two.

I think the best example of this is Adventure Time. The first season was great. A lot of dumb adventures with a boy and his magic dog. Second season was good too. It focused a little bit more on a romantic subplot, but not enough to interfere with the adventure. Third season marked it's morph into garbage. It turned from Adventure Time with Finn and Jake into Shipping Time with Tumblr and /co/. I am still mad.

Finn x Adventure OTP.