Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you feel bad when you unfollow someone?

DivineMist1000

Whatever social media service you use, you sometimes come across those people who just don’t interest you anymore and you decide to quit following/liking that person 

Most people don’t think twice about it, but I does it ever make you feel bad when you make that choice?

Edited by DivineLight1000
  • Brohoof 1

Aside from creepers, who are another discussion, someone really has to be quite a bigot before I'll choose to specifically unfollow them. Talking about IRL friends/acquaintances, of course. People online who are even remotely bigoted I just won't follow to begin with unless I was mistaken. But like, no I just don't feel sorry at all for someone if I get to the point of unfollowing them. We're talking people who compare homosexuality to pedophilia, or someone who is a total self-proclaimed edgelord who thinks it's hilarious to post transphobic memes to "offend" people and then turn arounds and want people to feel sorry for him because he can't get a girlfriend and because people don't want to talk to him.

No, I don't feel sorry for those people. They are jerks, and they are proud of it. They do not get my sympathy.

Honestly speaking, I don’t care whether people follow me or not. Because I don’t like this ‘Follow the Person’ system implemented from pretty much most of the social media platforms on the Internet. It just makes some of the ‘Persons’ being followed develop this ‘God Complex’ where they believe they can use their followers like the blind little sheeples they are to harass and bully anyone they see fit. Also, some followers also develop this ‘Fanatical Complex’ where they see any criticism or mockery a random stranger makes against the Person they follow as a personal attack and go out of their way to dig dirt and make that random stranger’s life a miserable hellhole.

I don’t have anything against the people who follow me nor do I go out of my way to follow anyone I meet online (unless they follow me, it’s only fair I follow them if they did). Because deep down, I just wish this whole ‘Follow the Person’ system be revised, evolve, and revamped entirely within the social media platforms.

My main reasons to ever unfollow someone, is if they are posting mature/suggestive content, or they are becoming overly dramatic/political. (No offense to anyone who posts that though) I don't mind seeing other people's point of view, but I just get kind of depressed if someone is constantly freaking out about something. Even so, I guess I do feel a bit bad about unfollowing people. I guess I'm just lucky I've rarely had a reason to unfollow a person I know personally.

Nah. Usually if I unfollow someone, which doesn't happen often I might add, it is for a good reason. In fact if one of those reasons pops up and I do this, in a way it feels good, if not meaningless either way.

Edited by Kyoshi

• 1 month later...

if i end up unfollowing someone i'm usually already quite fed up with them, or very annoyed by their non-stop political spam(usually on facebook) so no, i don't feel bad