DivineSoul1000

General Do you feel bad when you unfollow someone?

(edited)

Whatever social media service you use, you sometimes come across those people who just don’t interest you anymore and you decide to quit following/liking that person 

Most people don’t think twice about it, but I does it ever make you feel bad when you make that choice?

Edited by DivineLight1000

No, not really. I usually have a good reason if I'm going to do such an action.

Aside from creepers, who are another discussion, someone really has to be quite a bigot before I'll choose to specifically unfollow them. Talking about IRL friends/acquaintances, of course. People online who are even remotely bigoted I just won't follow to begin with unless I was mistaken. But like, no I just don't feel sorry at all for someone if I get to the point of unfollowing them. We're talking people who compare homosexuality to pedophilia, or someone who is a total self-proclaimed edgelord who thinks it's hilarious to post transphobic memes to "offend" people and then turn arounds and want people to feel sorry for him because he can't get a girlfriend and because people don't want to talk to him.

No, I don't feel sorry for those people. They are jerks, and they are proud of it. They do not get my sympathy.

I feel bad if I do it on accident. But 99% of the time I don't because there's a good reason. If they change into spiteful and mean people, for example (happened more than once, on here alone :unamused:).

No, not really. If said person is someone I don't know well and don't really talk to, then I'm bound to unfollow them eventually. 

Honestly speaking, I don’t care whether people follow me or not. Because I don’t like this ‘Follow the Person’ system implemented from pretty much most of the social media platforms on the Internet. It just makes some of the ‘Persons’ being followed develop this ‘God Complex’ where they believe they can use their followers like the blind little sheeples they are to harass and bully anyone they see fit. Also, some followers also develop this ‘Fanatical Complex’ where they see any criticism or mockery a random stranger makes against the Person they follow as a personal attack and go out of their way to dig dirt and make that random stranger’s life a miserable hellhole.

I don’t have anything against the people who follow me nor do I go out of my way to follow anyone I meet online (unless they follow me, it’s only fair I follow them if they did). Because deep down, I just wish this whole ‘Follow the Person’ system be revised, evolve, and revamped entirely within the social media platforms.

Badges

Not really. To me, it is what it is, and that's all there is to it.

(edited)

For MLPF? I use following stuffs and things as a forums tool. Unlike others, I do not use it as an add buddy/friend system. Just to find the content I am looking for.

I know such people exist though, and I am a bit hesitant to unfollow them because it will make them feel bad about it.

I usually don't like when people block/ignore others, especially without giving them the information. Because they could still try to send messages, and ppl often block others when they are too cowardly to solve conflicts (or even try to).

Edited by Bas

On MLPF, sometimes I’ve felt bad unfollowing my friends, but I wanted to clear up my notifications and these were people who posted tons of status updates multiple times a day.

No. Especially when they haven't visit for the last  100 years.

My main reasons to ever unfollow someone, is if they are posting mature/suggestive content, or they are becoming overly dramatic/political. (No offense to anyone who posts that though) I don't mind seeing other people's point of view, but I just get kind of depressed if someone is constantly freaking out about something. Even so, I guess I do feel a bit bad about unfollowing people. I guess I'm just lucky I've rarely had a reason to unfollow a person I know personally.

(edited)

Nah. Usually if I unfollow someone, which doesn't happen often I might add, it is for a good reason. In fact if one of those reasons pops up and I do this, in a way it feels good, if not meaningless either way.

Edited by Kyoshi

Forgot to mention that I just personally don't pay attention if someone unfollows me.

I never feel bad about unfriending someone. I usually don't need to do it unless they annoy me, in which case I'm justified. 

Nope.I've unfollowed many members here.Mostly inactive ones that only stayed for a bit and needed a friend.

I haven't unfollowed members here, so I don't :P 

Badges

if i end up unfollowing someone i'm usually already quite fed up with them, or very annoyed by their non-stop political spam(usually on facebook) so no, i don't feel bad