Jump to content
Banner by ~ SFyr

Absence of Pinkie Pie in Season 9


 Share

Recommended Posts

Just today, we got individual Season 8 gallery pages for every character, with everypony in the Mane Six except Pinkie Pie having had their gallery pages split into two parts.

I think this means the writers are also potential Pinkie Pie haters now too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


23 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

Just today, we got individual Season 8 gallery pages for every character, with everypony in the Mane Six except Pinkie Pie having had their gallery pages split into two parts.

I think this means the writers are also potential Pinkie Pie haters now too.

Now that's just ridiculous on your part to assume that the writers now hate her. The season hasn't even start yet. And we only got part of the season, not the whole season. Frankly, your attitude towards the show staff makes you look bad.

My advice: wait until the whole thing airs BEFORE you start making hasty assumptions 

 

  • Brohoof 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites


7 hours ago, Will Guide said:

Now that's just ridiculous on your part to assume that the writers now hate her. The season hasn't even start yet. And we only got part of the season, not the whole season. Frankly, your attitude towards the show staff makes you look bad.

My advice: wait until the whole thing airs BEFORE you start making hasty assumptions 

 

I'm gonna ignore your advice, jump to conclusions and just assume that the writers hate Pinkie Pie now on. Besides,  none of the new writers from Season 8 gave her any episodes at all, and most of the old writers even excluded her from any episodes they wrote and put her in them only if she was entirely necessary. Either way, they're probably trying to get rid of her on purpose first of the Mane Six.

Edited by FirePuppy
Link to comment
Share on other sites


By the power of vested on me by the great and holy Feld0, I breathe life into a new topic from an old one, for this is unique and does not belong in the other. Ye I say unto you, do not link spoilers of these mentioned images on this thread, or you shall be banished to the Great Pit of Carkoon, where you will be slowly digested for a 1000 years kept alive by reruns of 90210.*

 

*I punted this post into its own thread, cause it had nothing to do with the other, and remember to keep Season 9 spoiler details in the Season 9 forum or I swear all that is good I will sic my hellhounds on your favorite plushies. 

  • Brohoof 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

I'm gonna ignore your advice, jump to conclusions and just assume that the writers hate Pinkie Pie now on.

I just want to save this quote for posterity. I’ll give you this, at least you’re honest. 

  • Brohoof 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites


4 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

I'm gonna ignore your advice, jump to conclusions and just assume that the writers hate Pinkie Pie now on. Besides,  none of the new writers from Season 8 gave her any episodes at all, and most of the old writers even excluded her from any episodes they wrote and put her in them only if she was entirely necessary. Either way, they're probably trying to get rid of her on purpose first of the Mane Six.

Again, i believe you're just jumping to conclusions and claiming they're trying to get rid of Pinkie and implying they're going to get rid of the Mane 6, when that wouldn't make reasonable sense. Wait for the whole show to air then complain. If you're going to be angry at the staff throughtout the whole season, your anger would likely blind you to the surprises that might pleasantly surprise you. This is why I'm the kind of guy who's always looking for something to enjoy in an episode that everyone else seems to hate, no matter how little the positives are compared to the "negatives".

Personally, I believe it is very unfair to call a whole season terrible or put hate the show staff just because your favorite character won't get as much appearances. It makes a person look entitled in a very bad way. But if you hate the way things look, that's your opinion. As long as you don't go harassing people for liking the new season.

  • Brohoof 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


A simple check of show appearances shows that about half the Mane Six had 6 to 8 episodes they were not in outside of background or mentions. As for new episodes they are all about even outside of Twilight based on the same source which is MLP wiki. So yea Twi gets a bit more love but she is also the actual Mane Character. In short there is nothing to back the writers hate any particular character. Source

  • Brohoof 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


25 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

Again, i believe you're just jumping to conclusions and claiming they're trying to get rid of Pinkie and implying they're going to get rid of the Mane 6, when that wouldn't make reasonable sense. Wait for the whole show to air then complain. If you're going to be angry at the staff throughtout the whole season, your anger would likely blind you to the surprises that might pleasantly surprise you. This is why I'm the kind of guy who's always looking for something to enjoy in an episode that everyone else seems to hate, no matter how little the positives are compared to the "negatives".

I'm not sure it would necessarily be bad if they get less episodes. If only so that other characters who have never gotten their shining moments to finally have a chance to do so. I want Celestia and Luna a chance to be the heroes they were in their prime. I want one centered around Cadence. I want to see into the life of a villain, and learn their deeper motivations and what they're like when they're not out conquering. A Derpy/Hooves time travel episode. There's things fans have wanted for so long and there's not much time left to do them.

  • Brohoof 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


13 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

I think this means the writers are also potential Pinkie Pie haters now too.

Lol. Just lol.

I really think you taking this a bit too seriously FirePuppy. They aren't giving Pinkie Pie less content just to spite you.

  • Brohoof 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites


6 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

I'm gonna ignore your advice, jump to conclusions and just assume that the writers hate Pinkie Pie now on. Besides,  none of the new writers from Season 8 gave her any episodes at all, and most of the old writers even excluded her from any episodes they wrote and put her in them only if she was entirely necessary. Either way, they're probably trying to get rid of her on purpose first of the Mane Six.

There were only five new writers (four if you don't count Nicole Dubuc with her teleplay for Shadow Play) from Season 8 who had a ton of characters to juggle, the intention of the old writers desperately needs a citation, and the last statement is very likely false, as the leaks of the new Mane 6 designs strongly suggest that all of the Mane Six will be in Generation 5. 

*tosses tin-foiled fedora hat on your head* 

M'lady. 

But I also appreciate your honesty in ignoring facts and logic, which is something I rarely see nowadays, so...

*tosses Applejack's hat on your head*

M'lady. 

Edited by CloudMistDragon
Clarification about Nicole Dubuc
Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, Califorum said:

I honestly hope she has less episodes, it would make it more tolerable to watch for me. 

But she's supposed to be a main character like the other Mane Six, already with less episodes, and if she gets even less, she won't be a main character anymore at all!

Edited by FirePuppy
Link to comment
Share on other sites


51 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

But she's supposed to be a main character like the other Mane Six already with less episodes

This is patently FALSE. Pinkie has more episodes than Rarity and Fluttershy according to the source I already linked. According to the GREEN appeared as a focus in the episode and spoke charts that I linked before the break down is:

Twilight: 26 23 10 23 21 21 15 24 = 163


AppleJack: 24 22 13 24 20 17 12 18 = 150

 

Rarity: 23 21 11 21 16 16 11 18 = 128

 

Fluttershy: 22 21 10 21 14 14 10 15 = 127

 

Rainbow Dash: 21 21 11 22 19 17 12 19 = 142

 

Pinkie Pie: 22 22 12 22 17 15 14 16 = 140

Link to comment
Share on other sites


8 hours ago, BornAgainBrony said:

I'm not sure it would necessarily be bad if they get less episodes. If only so that other characters who have never gotten their shining moments to finally have a chance to do so. I want Celestia and Luna a chance to be the heroes they were in their prime. I want one centered around Cadence. I want to see into the life of a villain, and learn their deeper motivations and what they're like when they're not out conquering. A Derpy/Hooves time travel episode. There's things fans have wanted for so long and there's not much time left to do them.

I'm not sure Why are you responding to my post with that opening sentence, "I'm not sure it would necessarily be bad if they get less episodes." No where in my original post did I ever said something like, "It's bad that Pinkie Pie is getting less episodes than I want her to and I hate it!" That kind of talk is what Firepuppy would say, not me. I also agree that less episodes for the Mane 6 means potential screen time  for characters that haven't exactly gotten the focus spotlight to shine.

My post you qouted was more about looking for the pleasant surprises in otherwise potentially bad episodes. Even if the rest of the viewers were to call a given episode absolute garbage and a waste of an episode slot because it was full of things they hated, I would simply say, "the episode's mostly bad, but it still gave me something in one or two moments that were decent." 

To me, I only consider an episode garbage if it didn't entertain me, give me something to think about, or show a character I can relate to. As long as the episode can do any of those three, I say the episode deserves to exist

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Will Guide said:

I'm not sure Why are you responding to my post with that opening sentence,  That kind of talk is what Firepuppy would say, not me. I also agree that less episodes for the Mane 6 means potential screen time  for characters that haven't exactly gotten the focus spotlight to shine.

 

It just grabbed me since you mentioned the Mane 6 in general, I was just tacking more to it.

  • Brohoof 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


I get really tired from these threats... If you don't want to discuss 'why', or mention the same point over and over, just don't make a threat but a status update. 

This is just lazy and studip repeating the same point without listening to counter argument. :dry:

Link to comment
Share on other sites


At this point part of me wants this to be real out of spite simply because you have a bad tendency of taking it out on every one else.

 

Spoiler

No, the writers don’t hate Pinkie and they’ll most definitely give her due

 

  • Brohoof 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Badges

Okay, I’ll say it. The one benefit of the show ending is that these silly prognostications will cease. Then we can get back to the time honored fandom conflicts knows as “My Pone is best pone!”

The writers don’t hate Pinkie. She is harder to write well than the other characters because she’s more of a pure comedic character, and writing funny shit is hard. I’ve always said that quantity not an issue here. 

From what we know of Season 9 [NO SPOILERS] there is definitely some fun looking and sounding Pie moments. 

  • Brohoof 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites


On 3/28/2019 at 7:15 PM, Jeric said:

Okay, I’ll say it. The one benefit of the show ending is that these silly prognostications will cease. Then we can get back to the time honored fandom conflicts knows as “My Pone is best pone!”

The writers don’t hate Pinkie. She is harder to write well than the other characters because she’s more of a pure comedic character, and writing funny shit is hard. I’ve always said that quantity not an issue here. 

From what we know of Season 9 [NO SPOILERS] there is definitely some fun looking and sounding Pie moments. 

But also, still no episodes for her so far in that season!

Edited by FirePuppy
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...