Sign in to follow this  
Aquaflame

Self proclaimed alphas VS delusional beta males (same thing different cover?)

Recommended Posts

(edited)

Which is worse? , the internet has become a nest for everyone to share now, people that have active and inactive lives share the only viable criticisms they can create. I personally think  the world would existentially evolve without tagging mentalities to social concepts. Extremely active and athletic, in some cases you could argue gifted individuals to their own regards, arent all on this kick where they believe any one person should be under major scrutiny for not adhering to all gender stereotypes or trying the "all american fade" that so many "men" put off on their own, being healthy is important, but being selectively confrontational, and reassuring yourself have become the new "Alpha". Its just a reachable delusion for anyone? Did the word for bully in the dictionary change? "Lol, I watch Joe Rogan and inhale Jack Links, without capitalism the betas will take my gainz, I watch MMA sometimes, I know who connor mcgregor is, do you even have a fantasy football team, BRAZZERS and SpikeTV and dollar beer night!" You have an image, now this guy is still "tolerable", up until the minute he starts questioning or examining the masculinity of other men out of his own insecurity.(since 2.5/4 of these men are just sarcastic beer gutted toads, keeping taco bell in business while reminding us of the risks of drunk driving) I shamelessly confront scenarios with these types of individuals, (or try) based on the merit of the world not adhering to a standard set by verbal manipulation and abuse, to make sure they can still see correctly, and to make sure if they are able to discern just how individualistic the world is and that you can't make social stereotypes with accuracy just like you can't make spiritual or racial ones, well I suppose you could and be surprised all the same. Intimidation sets in because often in these "packs" there is always only one real threatening member surrounded by his yes men, and they are able to give each other group assurance, and publicly intimidate others into believing the dangerous facade that comes with numbers. You could say "whats your damage?" Really, its just the way people think that scrutinizing individuals, bullying, self projecting, harassing, criticizing others without leaving yourself open to intellectual criticisms makes you a man, but really we just got minions thinking they howl at the moon or something xD Its a hard day for these far below average men, that can not become stimulated by physical activity, that do not have enough character identity to have a conversation outside of their direct wants and needs, that blend in by using all of the social toxins given to them by their yes bubble, and their inferiority complex. Its just time to put these demographics of men on blast, I dont care if their "friend" can beat me up. lol

Edited by Aquaflame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don't care about a person's lifestyle and hobbies. All I care about whether someone is chill or a prick. That goes for everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

7 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

I really don't care about a person's lifestyle and hobbies. All I care about whether someone is chill or a prick. That goes for everyone.

Exactly. I generally, don't come off as abrasive as I did in some parts of my passage. Its just for me I watch American Football, I also am into things like Equestria Girls. I like to be active, but I like playing games, and watching cartoons also. Its just about finding people that can "vibe" thus my obsession with shows that have the contrasting personalities. You see how they arent even alike in the least, but its what creates this sense of diversity, and trust, and its like counter psychology to the normality of. "Wanna get s***faced, lets go to t bell, hop on apex, this dude is a total beta scrub, do you even lift(because i do sometimes), yeah bro, i agree with you bro because we're bro's and this confirmation is what makes us bros." People talk about independence in a hive mind all to often.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think being an "alpha" male is more than what you described. You more or less just described a "dudebro" mentality. Being an alpha to me means not backing down when someone is challenging you in an unfair sense. It means you will stick up for yourself and you won't tolerate people treating you like trash because you're too "afraid" to do something about it.

When I think of an alpha male, I think of someone who is confident, who takes life by the horns and does what needs to be done to get where they need to be.

When I think of a beta male (don't really like using that term but for lack of a better one) I think of someone who will say... Bend over backward for a woman who treats him like dirt because he isn't confident enough to think he could get a woman to talk to him unless he allows them to take advantage of him. I think of someone who always gets passed for that promotion at work because they are too intimidated by other people to take charge.

 

Now you can take being alpha too far and become a dick, it goes without saying, but I see it more as "confidence" and "determination".

I've been in the middle my whole life, but I am leaning more toward alpha nowadays. Exercise, weight lifting, standing up for myself, it's all part of my routine now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Aquaflame said:

Exactly. I generally, don't come off as abrasive as I did in some parts of my passage. Its just for me I watch American Football, I also am into things like Equestria Girls. I like to be active, but I like playing games, and watching cartoons also. Its just about finding people that can "vibe" thus my obsession with shows that have the contrasting personalities. You see how they arent even alike in the least, but its what creates this sense of diversity, and trust, and its like counter psychology to the normality of. "Wanna get s***faced, lets go to t bell, hop on apex, this dude is a total beta scrub, do you even lift(because i do sometimes), yeah bro, i agree with you bro because we're bro's and this confirmation is what makes us bros." People talk about independence in a hive mind all to often.

That... really doesn't make you any more different than anyone else. Everyone has varying interests. And even, then I was talking about a person's personality and attitude, not interests.

Honestly... I'm not impressed by your attitude. You say you're not abrasive while coming out of a lengthy rant about how much you detest alphas (and stereotypical ones at that). Don't act so proud of yourself if you also firmly believe alphas are all gymgoers who hate men who aren't like them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

(edited)
20 minutes ago, Kzr haekS said:

I think being an "alpha" male is more than what you described. You more or less just described a "dudebro" mentality. Being an alpha to me means not backing down when someone is challenging you in an unfair sense. It means you will stick up for yourself and you won't tolerate people treating you like trash because you're too "afraid" to do something about it.

When I think of an alpha male, I think of someone who is confident, who takes life by the horns and does what needs to be done to get where they need to be.

When I think of a beta male (don't really like using that term but for lack of a better one) I think of someone who will say... Bend over backward for a woman who treats him like dirt because he isn't confident enough to think he could get a woman to talk to him unless he allows them to take advantage of him. I think of someone who always gets passed for that promotion at work because they are too intimidated by other people to take charge.

 

Now you can take being alpha too far and become a dick, it goes without saying, but I see it more as "confidence" and "determination".

I've been in the middle my whole life, but I am leaning more toward alpha nowadays. Exercise, weight lifting, standing up for myself, it's all part of my routine now.

I just think both are social constructs. I think a lot of men "aspire" to be "Alpha male", its in their head that a woman wont want you unless you are, projecting a masculine (Ego) or persona better put. I think being self sustainable makes you an adult, our modern lenses of maturity, become less skewed as we grow older. I butt heads with people like that sometimes because I have a problem dealing with double standards, and hypocrisy and i get confrontational because I am only human as well. I dont like when people commit themselves to other peoples personality, I think THAT aside whether is "dudebro" or not, is "beta" behavior. I am not going to jump off a bridge, or follow anyone through fire. I just dont think it makes you a b*** for not being a drone. Staying active, staying working, and making intelligent decisions... I just think its everywhere.but these people dont realize there are fully trained combat vets, that put 10 hours of their day into ITS, weapons training, then specialized work outs and what not, at least an hour of combat training every day... then there are "well im confident, and I look down on you, so does that mean I am an alpha" just think there is very little difference between little average joe and big average joe, their difference is with TRUE alphas lol

9 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

That... really doesn't make you any more different than anyone else. Everyone has varying interests. And even, then I was talking about a person's personality and attitude, not interests.

Honestly... I'm not impressed by your attitude. You say you're not abrasive while coming out of a lengthy rant about how much you detest alphas (and stereotypical ones at that). Don't act so proud of yourself if you also firmly believe alphas are all gymgoers who hate men who aren't like them.

Saying you're "not impressed with my attitude"(meaning you are reading my opinions with either an angsty or sarcastic or indirect tone) I guess is my "social gimp" and you kind of being here to criticize me, which I fully respect, if I am going to open up criticizing other people. I didnt say I MYSELF WAS different, I said, I dont TRY TO BE the Same.... NOTHING wrong at ALL with going to the gym, it's about thinking other people don't have a place in it based on who you perceive them to be, and often times, who people perceive others to be is based off the delusion of who they believe themselves to be.

Edited by Aquaflame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Aquaflame said:

I just think both are social constructs. I think a lot of men "aspire" to be "Alpha male", its in their head that a woman wont want you unless you are, projecting a masculine (Ego) or persona better put. I think being self sustainable makes you an adult, our modern lenses of maturity, become less skewed as we grow older. I butt heads with people like that sometimes because I have a problem dealing with double standards, and hypocrisy and i get confrontational because I am only human as well. I dont like when people commit themselves to other peoples personality, I think THAT aside whether is "dudebro" or not, is "beta" behavior. I am not going to jump off a bridge, or follow anyone through fire. I just dont think it makes you a b*** for not being a drone. Staying active, staying working, and making intelligent decisions... I just think its everywhere.but these people dont realize there are fully trained combat vets, that put 10 hours of their day into ITS, weapons training, then specialized work outs and what not, at least an hour of combat training every day... then there are "well im confident, and I look down on you, so does that mean I am an alpha" just think there is very little difference between little average joe and big average joe, their difference is with TRUE alphas lol

 For starters, I never liked the argument of pointing out stuff is a "social construct". Wearing pants is technically a social construct, but that doesn't mean we should walk around without pants. People seem to forget just saying "social construct" doesn't invalidate something.

Secondly... Not a big fan of your "true alphas" statement, comes off as very no true Scotsman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kzr haekS said:

 For starters, I never liked the argument of pointing out stuff is a "social construct". Wearing pants is technically a social construct, but that doesn't mean we should walk around without pants. People seem to forget just saying "social construct" doesn't invalidate something.

Secondly... Not a big fan of your "true alphas" statement, comes off as very no true Scotsman.

I dont like "Alphas" to "Betas" to begin with. It's just about what man is more stubborn, and how does he cope with forging his identity, while suppressing it at the same time. I have just seen it all to often, being big, and loud, and mean and confident, doesn't put you at a "higher social rank" of the "food chain".(ill use other constructs and see if I upset other men trying to find an argument to win.) you do see the subtleties of how a post comparing such individuals is devolving into an argument? It isnt a coincidence. It's how we choose to read each others tones, and it is this comparative mentality that some men have, "well as long as there is someone worse than me". You don't want to be the "better person" you want him to be "worse than you". In your head think about whether or not that is "alpha"(gags) If it weren't true you wouldn't need to WIN the "argument"(whos arguing?), or condescend to others your perspective, or try to make a monkey out of anyone, you would reassure them, because you are comfortable with yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Aquaflame said:

I dont like "Alphas" to "Betas" to begin with. It's just about what man is more stubborn, and how does he cope with forging his identity, while suppressing it at the same time. I have just seen it all to often, being big, and loud, and mean and confident, doesn't put you at a "higher social rank" of the "food chain".(ill use other constructs and see if I upset other men trying to find an argument to win.) you do see the subtleties of how a post comparing such individuals is devolving into an argument? It isnt a coincidence. It's how we choose to read each others tones, and it is this comparative mentality that some men have, "well as long as there is someone worse than me". You don't want to be the "better person" you want him to be "worse than you". In your head think about whether or not that is "alpha"(gags) If it weren't true you wouldn't need to WIN the "argument"(whos arguing?), or condescend to others your perspective, or try to make a monkey out of anyone, you would reassure them, because you are comfortable with yourself.

I really have no idea what you're talking about to be honest...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kzr haekS said:

I really have no idea what you're talking about to be honest...

This post was basically a question, not a debate, what is worse, if neither are worse, and you want to direct a criticism at me, that is fine also, it was posted as a general discussion, anyways, but NEVER as a debate, if we want to hop over to the debate section we can then have an existential debate on man, and his place in the world, and what the appropriate psychology for an adult man truly is, and whether or not this should limit or lengthen his activities and what those activities are or should be at that. I was just recently saying this is a post about self proclaimed alpha males,(men looking for self confidence,) and men like being right, it didn't take long before someone thought they should assert their opinions disagreeing with mine, and also telling me my attitude was disapproved of, because they were subliminally afflicted by the essence of the topic matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People who label themselves or anothers are the worse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

8 minutes ago, Aquaflame said:

This post was basically a question, not a debate, what is worse, if neither are worse, and you want to direct a criticism at me, that is fine also, it was posted as a general discussion, anyways, but NEVER as a debate, if we want to hop over to the debate section we can then have an existential debate on man, and his place in the world, and what the appropriate psychology for an adult man truly is, and whether or not this should limit or lengthen his activities and what those activities are or should be at that. I was just recently saying this is a post about self proclaimed alpha males,(men looking for self confidence,) and men like being right, it didn't take long before someone thought they should assert their opinions disagreeing with mine, and also telling me my attitude was disapproved of, because they were subliminally afflicted by the essence of the topic matter.

Why are you talking like that? Like literally, why are you talking like that?

You asked a question and I gave an answer, my answer just happened to disagree with yours, there is no reason to be so condescending about it. Sheesh, get off your high horse pal, I was trying to have a discussion with you, but now you're kind of teetering toward being insulting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Usager said:

People who label themselves or anothers are the worse

I'm not putting labels, on anyone, that is why I said "Self proclaimed" in the title. I'll never tell anyone what they are, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know what we "arent". I guess I should have used MUCH GREATER specification, in my initial post. I don't like condescending men, or men that believe themselves to be inherently superior to another man, despite their differences. I just think supporting the "alpha to beta" titles, and I couldn't agree with you more, is a form of suppression, and inequality, and a way that common minded men can extract men no different then them, and portray them as weaker, when really they may be more capable, in many areas, but because of their social portrayal, and not fitting into the modern day masculine facade. They are projected and then labeled, I am a guy, I dont look at other men and go "ooo look at him what an Alpha wow!" or alternatively "what a weak little beta" The terms are cringy themselves, I am actually looking at women xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Aquaflame said:

I don't like condescending men,

You're kind of being that here though. :\

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)
1 minute ago, Kzr haekS said:

Why are you talking like that? Like literally, why are you talking like that?

You asked a question and I gave an answer, my answer just happened to disagree with yours, there is no reason to be so condescending about it. Sheesh, get off your high horse pal, I was trying to have a discussion with you, but now you're kind of teetering toward being insulting.

Think the same thing is happening with the other guy, you may be reading me in a tone, I am not using, xD i have the problem a lot because I come right out and make point blank statements lol

Edited by Aquaflame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Aquaflame said:

Think the same thing is happening with the other guy, you mean be reading me in a tone, I am not using, xD i have the problem a lot because I come right out and make point blank statements lol

It's not that I am reading you having a tone. Again, stop assuming everyone who disagrees with you is somehow either reading a tone that isn't there or is somehow "subliminal afflicted by the message this topic presents". What I am talking about is your overly flowery language. What I was referring to in terms of being condescending is this:

15 minutes ago, Aquaflame said:

and men like being right, it didn't take long before someone thought they should assert their opinions disagreeing with mine, and also telling me my attitude was disapproved of, because they were subliminally afflicted by the essence of the topic matter.

You're literally referring to the people who disagreed with you (such as myself) as only doing so because they either:

  • A. "Just like being right"
  • B. "were subliminally afflicted by the essence of the topic matter."

That's insulting, condescending, and not even factual. You're basically saying anyone who disagrees with you is one of the above. There is no "tone" to misinterpret here, you flat out insulted everyone who didn't agree with your viewpoint and now you're sitting there stating you "didn't want a debate". You can't literally insult the people who disagree with you as you have and then pretend you weren't looking for a debate.

Furthermore, I was merely disagreeing partially with your viewpoint, it wasn't a debate. You went and made it one when you make statements like the above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Kzr haekS said:

It's not that I am reading you having a tone. Again, stop assuming everyone who disagrees with you is somehow either reading a tone that isn't there or is somehow "subliminal afflicted by the message this topic presents". What I am talking about is your overly flowery language. What I was referring to in terms of being condescending is this:

You're literally referring to the people who disagreed with you (such as myself) as only doing so because they either:

  • A. "Just like being right"
  • B. "were subliminally afflicted by the essence of the topic matter."

That's insulting, condescending, and not even factual. You're basically saying anyone who disagrees with you is one of the above. There is no "tone" to misinterpret here, you flat out insulted everyone who didn't agree with your viewpoint and now you're sitting there stating you "didn't want a debate". You can't literally insult the people who disagree with you as you have and then pretend you weren't looking for a debate.

Furthermore, I was merely disagreeing partially with your viewpoint, it wasn't a debate. You went and made it one when you make statements like the above.

You initially stated that you "did not like the >argument<" and then proceeded to verbally batter me as if I was inherently "wrong" about ANYTHING in a purely opinion based discussion, and I am sorry but figure of speech is just that, and I was saying, I never once referred to this as a debate or argument, but you wanted me to FEEL WRONG, because you did not agree with my "attack like sentiments" which are really just revealing stereotypes, any of which I am sure nobody on the internet is to sensitive to. Insulting someone is an actual attack, the only ones actually insulted by my sarcasm/terminology would by pseudo alphas. NOW Looking at a post where you just comparatively stated a point A and B while telling me you arent trying to win an argument has me feeling like I am in some remix of the twilight zone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)
8 minutes ago, Aquaflame said:

You initially stated that you "did not like the >argument<" and then proceeded to verbally batter me as if I was inherently "wrong" about ANYTHING in a purely opinion based discussion, and I am sorry but figure of speech is just that, and I was saying, I never once referred to this as a debate or argument, but you wanted me to FEEL WRONG, because you did not agree with my "attack like sentiments" which are really just revealing stereotypes, any of which I am sure nobody on the internet is to sensitive to. Insulting someone is an actual attack, the only ones actually insulted by my sarcasm/terminology would by pseudo alphas. NOW Looking at a post where you just comparatively stated a point A and B while telling me you arent trying to win an argument has me feeling like I am in some remix of the twilight zone.

And with that, you lost any and all chances of me taking you seriously or responding further.

If you want to be insulting and then justify being so, you may do so on your own. I, for one, though definitely recognize this for what it is: a colossal waste of my time. I don't even have the energy to explain why to you because it's obvious it'll fall upon deaf ears.

Enjoy yourself, but I'm out, I have no interest in discussing a matter with someone who will not show even a modicum of respect to me when I have tried to show it toward you. It's clear that you have something to retort to everything with so you're somehow "not in the wrong" in your mind, so discussing anything further with you would be a big waste of both of our time.

Have a good day, lad.

Edited by

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kzr haekS said:

And with that, you lost any and all chances of me taking you seriously or responding further.

If you want to be insulting and then justify being so, you may do so on your own. I, for one, though definitely recognize this for what it is: a colossal waste of my time.

Enjoy yourself, but I'm out, I have no interest in discussing a matter with someone who will not show even a modicum of respect to me when I have tried to show it toward you. It's clear that you have something to retort to everything with so you're somehow "not in the wrong" in your mind, so discussing anything further with you would be a big waste of both of our time.

Have a good day, lad.

I dont have any problem with you what so ever, I dont think that you are wrong at all, its impossible for you to be wrong about your opinion. It was fair and it gave sentiment to the positive and uplifting.. and is probably true for some men out there that just take life by the horns, or are in the position to do so... Maybe the demographic I stereotyped falls under a different self proclaimed label,(one that shouldn't exist). However I am not wrong either for having a distaste for people that need to one up other people, lets not pay attention to what people call themselves or what other call them I guess.... Some people are just a lot more abrasive about it, and sometimes maybe even confrontational, however other times, it is simply a matter of pride, and self merit, that one does not want to relinquish, you dont win an award for civility, for being on the passive side of a war. Its just inherent, to "not want to be wrong" but first you perceive that as a possibility, it gives you more incentive to reaffirm your "points" It slowly devolves into what you proclaim an "argument" simply because people have two different opinions, Its just we wouldn't have this fuel to pizza vs burgers is what I am saying. It created sensitive social matter I guess. I wasnt using "social constructs" as an "argument" rather the reveal of a gross modern lie... the lie of alphas and betas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Aquaflame said:

I'm not putting labels, on anyone, that is why I said "Self proclaimed" in the title. I'll never tell anyone what they are, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know what we "arent". I guess I should have used MUCH GREATER specification, in my initial post. I don't like condescending men, or men that believe themselves to be inherently superior to another man, despite their differences. I just think supporting the "alpha to beta" titles, and I couldn't agree with you more, is a form of suppression, and inequality, and a way that common minded men can extract men no different then them, and portray them as weaker, when really they may be more capable, in many areas, but because of their social portrayal, and not fitting into the modern day masculine facade. They are projected and then labeled, I am a guy, I dont look at other men and go "ooo look at him what an Alpha wow!" or alternatively "what a weak little beta" The terms are cringy themselves, I am actually looking at women xD

Did i say you were putting labels?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Was this thread created just to start a back and forth argument or something? :mlp_wat:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

..................................................................................................

DERPY.thumb.jpg.d8b9adfae69c337a6ae81700bf19fa2e.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

1 hour ago, BornAgainBrony said:

..................................................................................................

DERPY.thumb.jpg.d8b9adfae69c337a6ae81700bf19fa2e.jpg

Thats half the point of whats being said xD, there was no mix up, only on their part when they woke up continuing the lie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

It’s pretty much in gray area but at the end of the day, you can either come out as a douchebag or  not.

Edited by TBD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Seems more to me like you're railing against the stereotypical dudebro fuckboi, which is fine because that guy is an asshole. In a broader sense I agree with you in terms of alpha and beta as buzzwords. I like them fine as memes, though I prefer the virgin vs. chad format better. But when people start taking them seriously that's when it becomes cringe.

If "Alpha" really is something, than it would be something that I would summarize with this quote.

alpha-male-traits-knowledge.jpg.ce6e0b8620445f145e7ac27f65fa22a9.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.