Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can I please turn off the music?

Sepul-Coloratura

You can do that or you can use a plugin like UBlock Origin to outright block the script that plays the music, so you won't have to hear it again even if you open a new tab.

ecdab4331b304155bef9ae4a28a13a9a.png

Just make instaud.io red.

• Brohoof 1

35 minutes ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

What music? Am I missing something by using Firefox? I don't have any mute site setting.

From what I can tell it does not work on cell phones. So that is one possibility. You might also need to open a totally new window as that has been known to play the music if it's wonky on a desktop.

1 hour ago, Jedishy said:

You can mute the music by right clicking and selecting mute site.

Also, if you're using Firefox, you can click on the little speaker icon in your tab.2019-04-01.thumb.png.24b612397e6506f5afcac58e2b23163f.png

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
  1. That way, I wouldn't be able to listen to the notification alarm sound while doing other things.
  2. I don't think It's a good idea to put in an inconvenient feature as a loud music automatically playing in the background every time I enter the website without having a self contained turn-off switch. The options that are mentioned above are kind of the equivalent to turning my speakers off or stuffing my ears with cotton. Not to say I appreciate your help, but of course I could find a way to not listen to the song by myself eventually. And that itself is my huge inconvenience using the website. There is a reason this kind of features disappeared quickly among the internet during the 2000s. People don't want to listen to an automatically played music every time they enter the website, even it's a gorgeous tune as the heaven's choir. People have their own ears to fill whatever they want, and if it was just a recommendations from the site for me to choose if I'd listen to it, I would appreciate and happily try listening it with open arms. But not like this. The fact that I have to even post this question says it all.
  3. I was pretty satisfied about the site's management until now and probably will be so after the song is gone from the front page, but I'm terribly sorry to say that this is below common sense. I don't mean to me mean, so pretty please, would you change it? There could be other ways to decorate the site while keeping the initial intentions which I believe it was good.
p.s. Thank you for your quick and kind responses.
Edited by Sepul-Coloratura

1 minute ago, Not Odyssey said:

Since this is all part of April Fool's this is not a feature we will be keeping. It'll be gone by the day of the weird is finished, so just hang on for one more day until it's all over ;)

shit i forgot it's april fools day

• Brohoof 1

14 minutes ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

Honestly, the background music is quite annoying and I don't even think it is necessary. I know it is April Fools, but simply changing the banner was enough.

If it wasn’t annoying I wouldn’t have done it. XD

After doing a bunch of things for others over the years here, I have no shame in admitting that I take selfish pleasure in being a punk today!