Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Healers and Shadows 1x1 OOC

Lucid_Nightlight

Looking to give 1x1 a try. You don't need to be the greatest roleplayer ever, you just gotta be active. If you are up for it, let me know and we will figure things out from there.

Found someone. This is the OOC for Healerd and Shadows.

• Brohoof 1

33 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

I could start another Rp with you if you want. I have 23 other OCs besides Ruby.

I do have a newly created character you might be able to find a character to match up with. Be it them being similar or opposites. Plenty of potential for a story either way.

I got a character named Placidus. He's an earth pony with brown fur, black mane and tail, and a cutie mark looking like a roll of bandages.

His skills mostly have a lot to do with medicine and healing. He is also someone who likes to avoid conflict and use his words whenever he can.

Also, if we do the 1x1, keep an eye on both both roleplays, all my characters are connected in some way and you might learn something about Somnus in the 1x1 and you might learn something about Placidus in Canterlot Castle.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

I do have a newly created character you might be able to find a character to match up with. Be it them being similar or opposites. Plenty of potential for a story either way.

I got a character named Placidus. He's an earth pony with brown fur, black mane and tail, and a cutie mark looking like a roll of bandages.

His skills mostly have a lot to do with medicine and healing. He is also someone who likes to avoid conflict and use his words whenever he can.

What type of RP were you thinking, I have characters for pretty much any type (you can find them from my about me if you want to check them out) so I need bit of an idea of the direction of the RP to choose a character.

3 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Also, if we do the 1x1, keep an eye on both both roleplays, all my characters are connected in some way and you might learn something about Somnus in the 1x1 and you might learn something about Placidus in Canterlot Castle.

Same for me

22 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

What type of RP were you thinking, I have characters for pretty much any type (you can find them from my about me if you want to check them out) so I need bit of an idea of the direction of the RP to choose a character.

Same for me

We could go a slice of life type of roleplay where two ponies somehow become close despite being complete and total opposites.

Or we could do an adventure roleplay where two ponies aren't really opposites.

If you got some other ideas, I'm open to hear them.

(edited)
38 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

We could go a slice of life type of roleplay where two ponies somehow become close despite being complete and total opposites.

Or we could do an adventure roleplay where two ponies aren't really opposites.

If you got some other ideas, I'm open to hear them.

Well, for the opposite thing, none of my characters who could be considered opposite wouldn't really fall for somepony like your character (Even Ruby is bit out of character in the other RP), but I have few morally grey characters.

I'm okay with any genre really, but with anything else than SoL/romance there needs to be some kind of base plot.

I'll list my OCs with short/basic introduction if that gives you any ideas. 

Spoiler

Magic Potion, Potion making loner with grey morals and little care for anything. ("the nerd" from the canterlot castle)

The Travelling Storyteller....pretty self explanatory, morally good, Alchemist (the type from FMA if you have seen it)

Gleaming Grin (and the mask), manipulative bad guy(s)

The Cerberus, the catpone, a cat mixed with realist morally good stallion.

She, sadistic and literally ice cold ghost.

TC-308 pile of living metal, morally good.

Staunch Fidelity, a soldier.

Speechless Night, a mute batpony that can communicate with most animals, morally good.

Frail Spark, a mare that makes things from glass for living, morally good.

He, sadistic ghost made of fire.

It, passive/indifferent floating head made of dark magic.

They, the literal embodiment of split personality, the bringer of death and bringer of life in same body.

Miseria, The spirit of misfortune/bad luck, basically weaker Discord (but still powerful).

Lunar Charm, a mare that makes/works with magical artifacts for living. morally good.

Nada, a siren hiding in everfree forest, morally good, fears ponies.

Ruby Shine.

Wild Bellflower, morally good mare who gets taken over by evil magic when too strong negative emotions take over.

Ceron Thesu, morally good stallion that turns into two headed cat monster at night.

Golden Melody, Blind mare with talent for singing. 

Jade Soar and Sunlight Lavender, morally good android ponies from unknown origin.

Smithy Mustang, Friendly blacksmith with a pet dragon who acts like a cat.

Mystic Shade, morally bit to evil leaning mare with the ability to control shadows in many ways.

Emerald Tinker, skilled builder/crafter/whateverthewordis, morally good. 

Edited by Catpone Cerberus

10 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Well, for the opposite thing, none of my characters who could be considered opposite wouldn't really fall for somepony like your character (Even Ruby is bit out of character in the other RP), but I have few morally grey characters.

I'm okay with any genre really, but with anything else than SoL/romance there needs to be some kind of base plot.

I'll list my OCs with short/basic introduction if that gives you any ideas. 

Reveal hidden contents

Magic Potion, Potion making loner with grey morals and little care for anything. ("the nerd" from the canterlot castle)

The Travelling Storyteller....pretty self explanatory, morally good, Alchemist (the type from FMA if you have seen it)

Gleaming Grin (and the mask), manipulative bad guy(s)

The Cerberus, the catpone, a cat mixed with realist morally good stallion.

She, sadistic and literally ice cold ghost.

TC-308 pile of living metal, morally good.

Staunch Fidelity, a soldier.

Speechless Night, a mute batpony that can communicate with most animals, morally good.

Frail Spark, a mare that makes things from glass for living, morally good.

He, sadistic ghost made of fire.

It, passive/indifferent floating head made of dark magic.

They, the literal embodiment of split personality, the bringer of death and bringer of life in same body.

Miseria, The spirit of misfortune/bad luck, basically weaker Discord (but still powerful).

Lunar Charm, a mare that makes/works with magical artifacts for living. morally good.

Nada, a siren hiding in everfree forest, morally good, fears ponies.

Ruby Shine.

Wild Bellflower, morally good mare who gets taken over by evil magic when too strong negative emotions take over.

Ceron Thesu, morally good stallion that turns into two headed cat monster at night.

Golden Melody, Blind mare with talent for singing. 

Jade Soar and Sunlight Lavender, morally good android ponies from unknown origin.

Smithy Mustang, Friendly blacksmith with a pet dragon who acts like a cat.

Mystic Shade, morally bit to evil leaning mare with the ability to control shadows in many ways.

Emerald Tinker, skilled builder/crafter/whateverthewordis, morally good. 

Mystic Shade seems like a pretty interesting character. Creates potential for the slice of life thing. While they may or may not be completely opposite, the thing where one is good and the other leans closer to evil works quite well too.

2 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Mystic Shade seems like a pretty interesting character. Creates potential for the slice of life thing. While they may or may not be completely opposite, the thing where one is good and the other leans closer to evil works quite well too.

Works for me, and since Mystic doesn't yet have set_in_stone personality, it will be a good way to build her character.

Though I'd like to explain a bit what I mean by bit_evil_leaning. I mean with it that, she isn't straight up evil, as in she doesn't go out of her way to cause harm, but she also isn't really neutral either, as she doesn't really have morals, and is ready to do pretty much anything to get what she wants. (but she also acts nice/good if she so seems fit, so don't get confused by that.)

We could start with slice of life and see if it turns something else during the RP, just please no random ponies invading their personal space or other "it's random so it's funny" jokes:adorkable:

(Also, heading to bed now, so i'll continue tomorrow)

1 hour ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Works for me, and since Mystic doesn't yet have set_in_stone personality, it will be a good way to build her character.

Though I'd like to explain a bit what I mean by bit_evil_leaning. I mean with it that, she isn't straight up evil, as in she doesn't go out of her way to cause harm, but she also isn't really neutral either, as she doesn't really have morals, and is ready to do pretty much anything to get what she wants. (but she also acts nice/good if she so seems fit, so don't get confused by that.)

We could start with slice of life and see if it turns something else during the RP, just please no random ponies invading their personal space or other "it's random so it's funny" jokes:adorkable:

(Also, heading to bed now, so i'll continue tomorrow)

Sounds good to me. I tend to build character personalities through roleplay too. Don't worry about the random ponies, I don't plan on doing that for this one.  Plus I probably gotta slow down on that in Canterlot Castle anyway.

14 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Sounds good to me. I tend to build character personalities through roleplay too. Don't worry about the random ponies, I don't plan on doing that for this one.  Plus I probably gotta slow down on that in Canterlot Castle anyway.

Arighty :) What part of Equestria you would like to this to take place? Mystic doesn't have set living place yet so anything works for me.
Also, here's the picture of her

Spoiler

IMG_20190215_230115.thumb.jpg.7606be4e9d28f8229958b11cc6ab2f6b.jpg

Then little bit more detail how her powers /talent actually work.

Spoiler

First thing first, what I mean by controlling shadows:
When she takes control of a shadow, it no longer is bound to surfaces nor is it effected by lights (Though very bright lights will stop them from getting close to the source of the light), because they become physical things with mass when in her control. (Also trapping her in total darkness doesn't make her powerless, because shadows are lack of light, thus dark room is just a big shadow.)

What shadows she can control:
Any shadow connected to her either through other shadows or by being cast on her (for example while standing in a shadow of a building, that whole shadow can be used by her, and if for example pony walks past in a way that their shadow overlap with the building's shadow, she can take it too.)

How to deal with her shadows:
Right enchantments, very bright lights to work as armor of sorts, dealing with her, getting rid of sources of said shadows (not with light but by physically removing them.)

We also need to come up with how our characters will first meet.

53 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Arighty :) What part of Equestria you would like to this to take place? Mystic doesn't have set living place yet so anything works for me.
Also, here's the picture of her

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_20190215_230115.thumb.jpg.7606be4e9d28f8229958b11cc6ab2f6b.jpg

Then little bit more detail how her powers /talent actually work.

Reveal hidden contents

First thing first, what I mean by controlling shadows:
When she takes control of a shadow, it no longer is bound to surfaces nor is it effected by lights (Though very bright lights will stop them from getting close to the source of the light), because they become physical things with mass when in her control. (Also trapping her in total darkness doesn't make her powerless, because shadows are lack of light, thus dark room is just a big shadow.)

What shadows she can control:
Any shadow connected to her either through other shadows or by being cast on her (for example while standing in a shadow of a building, that whole shadow can be used by her, and if for example pony walks past in a way that their shadow overlap with the building's shadow, she can take it too.)

How to deal with her shadows:
Right enchantments, very bright lights to work as armor of sorts, dealing with her, getting rid of sources of said shadows (not with light but by physically removing them.)

We also need to come up with how our characters will first meet.

We could do Ponyville. As for meeting, maybe Mystic decides to go to a Doctor's office where Placidus is an intern.

9 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

We could do Ponyville. As for meeting, maybe Mystic decides to go to a Doctor's office where Placidus is an intern.

Ponyville is fine, but I'm not sure about doctor's office, since I don't really see why Mystic would get interested in random intern, there needs to be something why she would care for example something she would see as a way to use your character for her own gain. 

(I'm bit busy so my replis will be slow.) 

25 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ponyville is fine, but I'm not sure about doctor's office, since I don't really see why Mystic would get interested in random intern, there needs to be something why she would care for example something she would see as a way to use your character for her own gain. 

(I'm bit busy so my replis will be slow.) 

What of he knew someone who owes her something and she tricks him into leading her to that pony?

26 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Maybe she seen him with them once or she could overhear him talking about them.

The latter works better in my opinion, but are we still sticking with the doctor appointment, because if yes, I need to invent a reason for her being there.

22 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

The latter works better in my opinion, but are we still sticking with the doctor appointment, because if yes, I need to invent a reason for her being there.

Ok, we'll do that. As for the doctor's appointment, we'll probably do that since it gives a decent setting to start with.

17 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Ok, we'll do that. As for the doctor's appointment, we'll probably do that since it gives a decent setting to start with.

Aright, is there something else we haven't discussed or are we ready to start? if we are ready, make the starting post and I will reply later when I have time with my own introduction post. 

• Brohoof 1

37 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Aright, is there something else we haven't discussed or are we ready to start? if we are ready, make the starting post and I will reply later when I have time with my own introduction post. 

Here's the link: https://mlpforums.com/topic/183476-healers-and-shadows-1x1-with-catpone-cerberus/

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Lucid_Nightlight
Remember that if you're going to make so that 
Placidus falls for Mystic romantically (I wasn't sure if this was a romance or not, so just putting this here just in case), don't make it happen with her current acted personality, since it's not what she really is like, so when the true her would come to light, it wouldn't make sense him to like that too if he fell for the sweet-act. 

edit- also, my next reply to Canterlot will be last for today due it getting late here.

Edited by Catpone Cerberus

1 minute ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

@Lucid_Nightlight
Remember that if you're going to make so that 
Placidus falls for Mystic romantically (I wasn't sure if this was a romance or not, so just putting this here just in case), don't make it happen with her current acted personality, since it's not what she really is like, so when the true her would come to light, it wouldn't make sense him to like that too if he fell for the sweet-act. 

edit- also, my next reply to Canterlot will be last for today due it getting late here.

Alright, I'll have his feelings develop when her true self comes out.

Just now, Lucid_Nightlight said:

@Catpone Cerberus

Quick question, who will be playing the guy Mystic is after?

That is actually a good question, it really depends on how quickly you want him to be out of the story, because if I control him, he probably won't have any dialogue or anything besides maybe "why did you bring her here." or something similar,  and would be just quickly dealt with by mystic, as he isn't really that important to the story.

1 minute ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

That is actually a good question, it really depends on how quickly you want him to be out of the story, because if I control him, he probably won't have any dialogue or anything besides maybe "why did you bring her here." or something similar,  and would be just quickly dealt with by mystic, as he isn't really that important to the story.

I'll let you control him then. :)

• Brohoof 1