RulesofRarity

Who is going to raise the sun and moon?

Assuming Celestia and Luna do retire after the Season 9 premiere, who is going to raise the sun and moon in their absence?

Badges

Celly and Luna will likely still raise 'em. They just won't be bound by the royal duties anymore.

Remember that Celestia and Luna didn't always raise and lower the moon. Starswirl and a team of unicorns did the job with the Unicorns slowly lose their magic after a while.

@Dark Qiviut has the better answer though.

On 4/4/2019 at 10:13 PM, RulesofRarity said:

Assuming Celestia and Luna do retire after the Season 9 premiere, who is going to raise the sun and moon in their absence? 

:umad:

On 4/4/2019 at 5:58 PM, Dark Qiviut said:

Celly and Luna will likely still raise 'em. They just won't be bound by the royal duties anymore.

Y'think the same will apply to Luna's dream job?

Well Rainbow Dash assumed they would be taking over all their duties so maybe they will just give Twilight all the powers or divide them among all the Mane 6. This is why they needed more than a few days though. These questions are important!

That was my question too. They were sure dumping a ton on Twilight and I thought her panic was justified this time.

Badges

As some said before, Dash was not contradicted when she assumed Luna's dream guardian job thing would pass to them. It's possible that the sisters will maintain their sun and moon powers, just separate from ruling. It's also possible they will return them to unicorns. All of the unicorns who have powerful magic have stars as part of their cutie marks. They could return to doing that job that the sisters assumed at the start of their reign. Or Twilight could do it herself, probably. Celestia and Luna are good at those jobs, but Twilight is good at magic generally. Whatever spell they use to put the moon and sun on auto-pilot could easily be mastered by Twilight.

But then, the sisters would be unable to perform what their cutie marks tell them to do. I think in the end the sisters will continue to do those jobs, or they will disappear entirely from the world. The first seems most likely to me.

12 hours ago, Zestanor said:

As some said before, Dash was not contradicted when she assumed Luna's dream guardian job thing would pass to them. 

That would wreck their friendship dynamic. If one or more of them get perma-placed on the nightshift, they'll never be able to see each other for more than a few minutes per day. 

1 hour ago, BornAgainBrony said:

That would wreck their friendship dynamic. If one or more of them get perma-placed on the nightshift, they'll never be able to see each other for more than a few minutes per day. 

I definitely agree with you. I think at the end I don't think any of the Mane 6 will move to Canterlot, because if one goes, they all have to go. But Applejack and Fluttershy are tied strongly to Ponyville and it would not make sense for them to leave.

Yeah, I have the same question. Now that Twilight and her friends are in charge of ruling Equestria, it could be a possibility that they keep their jobs, but that probably won't happen. I feel like Twilight might have potential, but I'm still not sure. 

Celestia and Luna will still raise the Sun and Moon, I don't think they're gonna retire. I think they just needed a break from Royal Duties for a little bit.